Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis trade likely to happen a week before the draft, April 25th. « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 06, 2013, 12:01:21 AM

Likely Revis trade timing? The week before the draft

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
 ProFootballTalk

Getty Images

Indeed, the Jets are shopping cornerback Darrelle Revis.  Which means that owner Woody Johnson has decided not to pay him.

Which means that, if the deal is right, Revis will be traded.

So when will it happen?  The current thinking is that a deal would go down, if at all, within a week or so before the draft.  This would give teams a chance to exhaust opportunities in free agency before deciding to make a play for Revis.  It also would give Revis a chance to show that he can run again, seven months removed from his torn ACL.

Trading Revis also would ensure that the Jets wont have to see him march out the door next March and sign with a rival team.  Gary Myers of the New York Daily News recently mentioned the Patriots as a possibility.  A source with knowledge of the situation believes that the Jets also would be concerned about Revis signing with the Giants, Dolphins, or Bills.

Either way, the realistic options for the Jets and Revis is trade him or sign him to a new deal.

Revis staying for 2013 is the least likely option, since he then would be able to leave unfettered by the franchise tag.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 06, 2013, 12:12:48 AM

I think dom works out a sweet deal for Tampa. Revis for two second Rounders.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 06, 2013, 02:12:08 AM

I think dom works out a sweet deal for Tampa. Revis for two second Rounders.

I don't think they will get the kind of offers they were hoping for.  So they may take an offer like that.

It may come down to...take whatever offer they can get, or keep him for 2013, and then say adios for nothing in return.  [comp pick]

April 25th ?    Damn... I don't know if I can stand another 6 weeks of Revis bantor.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

PewterBlitz

Starter

#3 : March 06, 2013, 05:34:45 AM

2 2nd rounders for Revis and then draft Star Lotulelei???? Our terrible pass defense would upgrade big time from just those two moves.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 06, 2013, 06:57:23 AM

What are our options for a number 1 corner?

Who are the nbr 1's in the league?   

Which one of those teams need draft picks?

There are only a couple ways to get a corner of this high caliber... but at least there ARE options.

What would you trade up to get Milliner?  I think they would have to go to three?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis trade likely to happen a week before the draft, April 25th. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools