Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Eagles Release Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#15 : March 06, 2013, 10:49:40 AM

With Asmougha expected to hit the market, Revis supposedly to be traded, and a deep CB draft class, it's a good offseason to need a corner.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 06, 2013, 10:50:43 AM

CB Nnamdi Asomugha, 31, signed a 5-year, $60 million deal with the #Eagles in July 2011. Has 71 career passes defensed, 15 interceptions

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 06, 2013, 10:51:33 AM

With Asmougha expected to hit the market, Revis supposedly to be traded, and a deep CB draft class, it's a good offseason to need a corner.

It's like they knew it was coming or something.... ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 06, 2013, 10:51:48 AM

With Nmandi out there the jets will have to come down with their asking price. We can still get the best.

Oracle

Starter

#19 : March 06, 2013, 10:52:06 AM

The Bucs need 2 corners.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 06, 2013, 10:52:10 AM

Contrary to a report, the #Eagles are saying Nnamdi Asomugha is not being released today. Stay tuned

CanadianBuc

Starter
#21 : March 06, 2013, 10:57:13 AM

Stephen Holder believes there is a "good" chance Revis Island get Relocated to Tampa

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen
I am not suggesting, predicting or reporting this, but... I am starting believe it's realistic Bucs could pull off a Darrelle Revis deal.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 06, 2013, 11:03:16 AM

Not to harp on the Revis thing AGAIN, but would we just rent Revis for a year or try to sign him to an astronomical deal that he is likely to hold out on anyways? 

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 06, 2013, 11:06:46 AM

Not to harp on the Revis thing AGAIN, but would we just rent Revis for a year or try to sign him to an astronomical deal that he is likely to hold out on anyways?
well your not gonna give up picks to rent a player so...I assuming we could sign him long term

shawn731

Starter

#24 : March 06, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

I actually believe that the glut of CB's brings down Revis' value.  Teams could call the Jets and inquire but they have many different options to choose over Revis.  They other players may not be on the same level, but again its a factor.  And now Asomugha adds fuel to the fire.  Again, he may not be the best but he was considered the best prior to his move to Philly.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#25 : March 06, 2013, 11:13:55 AM

well your not gonna give up picks to rent a player so...I assuming we could sign him long term

I agree that would seem to be the general consensus but I didn't know if Dom was in win-now mode and would trade over a player or two for a 1 year rental a la the Pats with Talib. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 06, 2013, 11:15:51 AM

I believe this is a playoff minimum year for Dominik. 

He won't survive another poor showing.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 06, 2013, 11:18:38 AM

I agree that would seem to be the general consensus but I didn't know if Dom was in win-now mode and would trade over a player or two for a 1 year rental a la the Pats with Talib.
No I donot think Dom is in that place. he is not in a throw everything out the window and make the playoffs this year and mortgage the franchie's future like that.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#28 : March 06, 2013, 11:26:25 AM

You know, there's a chance Dom loses his job if next season doesn't go well. I am starting to think that he may roll the dice and swing for the fences. I would love to get Revis for two seconds and a 4th maybe. His job might be on the line anyways, does he take a chance?

big_JLB

Starter

#29 : March 06, 2013, 11:26:40 AM

I wonder if people even know who Keenan Lewis is because if you have seen him play last there is no way he is that high on your list.

richard sherman disagrees with you...

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman was a guest Friday on NFL Total Access and was asked who he thinks are the best cornerbacks in the league besides himself. His answer included a somewhat surprising name from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"Well if Darrelle Revis is playing then I would say it's him, but this year he didn't get a chance to play," started Sherman. "So there were some pretty good performances. Tim Jennings had a great year, but I think it would be out of, surprisingly, Antonio Cromartie, and Keenan Lewis from Pittsburgh doesn't get a lot of respect because he doesn't get a lot of picks, but he's a heck of a corner. So I think it's a close discussion between those guys and Charles Tillman. That's the discussion."

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/richard_sherman_thinks_keenan_lewis_is_one_of_the_best_cornerbacks_in_the_league/12929317

and BTW keenan lewis was #2 in the league in passes defended...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Eagles Release Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools