Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Eagles Release Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

El Diablo

Starter

« #60 : March 06, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »

Based on the last two years, I wouldn't pay scrabble a dime over $4M a year. Not sure if he even deserves that.

I love the scrabble name!! Perfect... Scrabble can play though. He got thrown into that gongshow over there but the guy can play in man coverage. Twice as good as any cb on our team. Give him 7 mil ll day.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #61 : March 06, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »

You know, there's a chance Dom loses his job if next season doesn't go well. I am starting to think that he may roll the dice and swing for the fences. I would love to get Revis for two seconds and a 4th maybe. His job might be on the line anyways, does he take a chance?
No his job is not in question as much a everyone thinks.

The only people that think Dom's job is in question are knee jerk reaction fans.

...and Mark Cook http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8774:&Itemid=15

Dominik’s future in Tampa could depend of how the Buccaneers perform next season, and of course a big part will be based on the play of the quarterback.

...and Scott Reynolds  http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8754:SR%27s%20Fab%205%20-%202-15

Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik knows his job is on the line. In order for him to maintain job security in 2014 and beyond, Tampa Bay likely has to make the playoffs in 2013. At least that’s what he thinks.

and apparently Dom himself ^^^

knee jerkers ....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #62 : March 06, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »

He will be a forty Niner before a few weeks is over.

Revis? If so, I agree.

It could happen. Their certainly is the currency available for both sides to come to a happy agreement.

But Trent Baalke knows this Niner team has the window wide open right now. If he sacrifices more of the future then necessary, it cripples the teams chances of having a dynasty in this league of parity. He can easily get back, in theory, to the big game with the roster he has. And Nnamdi is a massive upgrade to their CB#2. He will be much cheaper. He allows the Niners to add to their roster a lot of young talent. Baalke would be wise to stay away from Revis. JMO.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #63 : March 06, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »

Stephen Holder believes there is a "good" chance Revis Island get Relocated to Tampa

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen
I am not suggesting, predicting or reporting this, but... I am starting believe it's realistic Bucs could pull off a Darrelle Revis deal.

With the influx of corners available, i AM NOT giving up a 1st for MEvis. I will, however, give up a 2 and a conditional pick. With being one of the few teams that can afford his contract demands, i refuse to let the Jets operate as if they have the leverage.

Nice to see you are coming around on the Revis acquisition.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #64 : March 06, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »

He will be a forty Niner before a few weeks is over.

Revis? If so, I agree.

It could happen. Their certainly is the currency available for both sides to come to a happy agreement.

But Trent Baalke knows this Niner team has the window wide open right now. If he sacrifices more of the future then necessary, it cripples the teams chances of having a dynasty in this league of parity. He can easily get back, in theory, to the big game with the roster he has. And Nnamdi is a massive upgrade to their CB#2. He will be much cheaper. He allows the Niners to add to their roster a lot of young talent. Baalke would be wise to stay away from Revis. JMO.

I don't see Revis going to the Niners.  Sure they have about 56 draft picks.  But they still have to pay him.

They have some nice young players who will need to get paid later.  It would throw a wrench in their cap situation.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #65 : March 06, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »

Yeah, Pretty much what I said. Baalke has a loaded roster already. Revis is a super luxury, and they know it. They are front runners.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #66 : March 06, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »

Yeah, Pretty much what I said. Baalke has a loaded roster already. Revis is a super luxury, and they know it. They are front runners.

Kaepernick and his agent will be backing up the Brinks truck, whenever the Niners get ready to extend him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #67 : March 06, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »

Kaepernick and his agent will be backing up the Brinks truck, whenever the Niners get ready to extend him.
Not to mention Aldon Smith and Mike Iupati

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #68 : March 06, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »

Not to mention Aldon Smith and Mike Iupati

They have a lot of nice players, gotta pay them at some point.  Revis would seem to throw a wrench into their cap. Hell, they made the Super Bowl, is Revis really a need for them?  I don't think so.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Eagles Release Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools