Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who makes a bigger impact on our pass rush, Lotulelei or Jones? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#15 : March 08, 2013, 04:22:04 PM

I think a lot of people are forgetting that a better secondary will improve the pass rush. Hard to get to the QB in under 3 seconds with any consistency. I don't think a pass rusher is as a big of need as some are making out. Clayborn, Bennett, McCoy and Bowers have all played well or at the very least looked promising. I think they are better served getting a veteran FA who can still get after QBs than they are spending yet another top pick on the D line.

Adding guys who can cover WRs will give the D-line that extra half second/second or so they need. Really, theres several positions that could warrant a high pick, but with so many top picks invested in the line I think they should get proven commodities to improve the line. let all these top d-line picks develop.
You can never have enough pass rushers we are an injury away from being terrible rushing the passer.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 08, 2013, 04:23:12 PM

Jones.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 08, 2013, 04:24:38 PM

I think a lot of people are forgetting that a better secondary will improve the pass rush. Hard to get to the QB in under 3 seconds with any consistency. I don't think a pass rusher is as a big of need as some are making out. Clayborn, Bennett, McCoy and Bowers have all played well or at the very least looked promising. I think they are better served getting a veteran FA who can still get after QBs than they are spending yet another top pick on the D line.

Adding guys who can cover WRs will give the D-line that extra half second/second or so they need. Really, theres several positions that could warrant a high pick, but with so many top picks invested in the line I think they should get proven commodities to improve the line. let all these top d-line picks develop.
You can never have enough pass rushers we are an injury away from being terrible rushing the passer.
We are a player away from just being ok at rushing the passer.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 08, 2013, 04:25:31 PM

lotulelei and its not even close. we need interior pass rush to force brees and ryan to move their feet than we need edge rushers. the edge guys we have will get the job done if we could flush the qb to them. jones does nothing to move the middle. you get brees to roll and the ends get him. jones doesnt do any good if he gets blocked by a TE or OT and brees steps up.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#19 : March 08, 2013, 04:29:27 PM

We are a player away from just being ok at rushing the passer.
exactly the reason to bring more guyas in who can do it

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 08, 2013, 05:03:09 PM

Star... by far

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 08, 2013, 05:12:18 PM

Star

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who makes a bigger impact on our pass rush, Lotulelei or Jones? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools