Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 158

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1740 : March 26, 2013, 12:15:49 PM

@AdamSchefter
Broncos free-agent CB Tracy Porter visited the Saints on Monday.

You do have to wonder why no one visits us.  Nobody.  It is a little disconcerting.  Not accusing anyone of anything.  Just think it's odd.

We probably arent willing to pay what they want. Why visit if you know your not a fit for each other?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#1741 : March 26, 2013, 12:16:22 PM

@AdamSchefter

You do have to wonder why no one visits us.  Nobody.  It is a little disconcerting.  Not accusing anyone of anything.  Just think it's odd.

+1 Dominik and Schiano only seem to be interested in Revis which is fine, but it would be judicious to have some contingency plan in place. Eric Wright sucks

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1742 : March 26, 2013, 01:03:41 PM

If I was a CB scheduled to be a free agent, I'd be about ready to beat my agent with a stick. What the hell happened, no DB love from the agents this year. Seems like the market standard/bar is about 5 million, I figured it'd be considerably more.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1743 : March 26, 2013, 02:41:10 PM

@AdamSchefter

We probably arent willing to pay what they want. Why visit if you know your not a fit for each other?

I'm sure it has less to do with money, and more to do with how the player fits/actual value they have placed on the player.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1744 : March 26, 2013, 03:20:39 PM

I'm sure it has less to do with money, and more to do with how the player fits/actual value they have placed on the player.

arent those 2 hand in hand?

players arent visiting because we are telling their agents a ballpark figure what we think their players are worth.  its pretty simple imo.

now if one wants to wonder why we dont value these FA's with bigger contracts, that certainly could be a question to ponder.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1745 : March 26, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

arent those 2 hand in hand?

players arent visiting because we are telling their agents a ballpark figure what we think their players are worth.  its pretty simple imo.

now if one wants to wonder why we dont value these FA's with bigger contracts, that certainly could be a question to ponder.

IMO, no.

We don't know to what degree players are being contacted. We don't know how many players the Bucs have actually asked to come in for a visit.

If that is your opinion on why players aren't visiting, I certainly am in no position to say that you are wrong....but I do certainly disagree.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1746 : March 26, 2013, 04:17:27 PM

I think we are only interested in adding cornerbacks that excel in man coverage, which greatly decreases the interest of many free agents. Not just our interest in them, but I think many guys might be uninterested in coming to a system where they know they will be put on an island outside and asked to do a lot. Not every player has the ability or mentality for that. I think a lot of guys would rather go to a system where they feel more comfortable and have a better chance of looking good while doing less.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1747 : March 26, 2013, 04:19:13 PM

Its a good point...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#1748 : March 26, 2013, 04:57:06 PM

@ProFootballTalk
CB Mike Jenkins will visit the Jaguars on Thursday

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#1749 : March 26, 2013, 05:09:31 PM

PFT reporting that Winfield may cancel his trip to the Skins and accept an offer that is currently on the table.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-antoine-winfield-could-accept-offer-before-visiting-redskins/ 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1750 : March 26, 2013, 06:37:38 PM

I think we are only interested in adding cornerbacks that excel in man coverage, which greatly decreases the interest of many free agents. Not just our interest in them, but I think many guys might be uninterested in coming to a system where they know they will be put on an island outside and asked to do a lot.
isnt grimes more of a zone cornerback?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1751 : March 26, 2013, 06:38:37 PM

IMO, no.

We don't know to what degree players are being contacted. We don't know how many players the Bucs have actually asked to come in for a visit.

If that is your opinion on why players aren't visiting, I certainly am in no position to say that you are wrong....but I do certainly disagree.

what do you think then?  sorry if i missed it earlier.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1752 : March 26, 2013, 06:52:11 PM

PFT reporting that Winfield may cancel his trip to the Skins and accept an offer that is currently on the table.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-antoine-winfield-could-accept-offer-before-visiting-redskins/

won't be us .....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1753 : March 26, 2013, 06:52:25 PM

IMO, no.

what do you think then?  sorry if i missed it earlier.

What do I think is the reason why we have pursued no FA CBs?

The answer is in the original post you initially responded to.

I speculate that either they didn't/don't think that the talent out there is all that better than what is currently on the roster....or that the players out there don't exactly fit into our system.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#1754 : March 26, 2013, 07:22:38 PM

All I know is i cant wait to see how this all unfolds... Bizzarre to say the least imo.
Page: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools