Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 158

TomRiddle

Starter

« #1935 : April 04, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »

Right tackle Tyson Clabo is about to get a pink slip from the Falcons, according to a tweet from his agent Chad Speck. Clabo has been a starter for the Falcons since joining the team in 2006, making 101 starts over seven years with the team. He’s started every game over the last five years and was a Pro Bowl selection in 2010.

That resume makes it hard to believe this is a performance-related move from the Falcons. It’s more likely part of an effort to clear cap space to put toward a contract extension for quarterback Matt Ryan. Until Clabo is officially cut loose, the Falcons have just $2.4 million in cap space at their disposal and it would seem they feel they need more. They’ll get it by excising Clabo’s $4.5 million base salary from the rolls, although it opens up a big hole on the line.

Clabo shouldn’t suffer from a lack of suitors on the open market, where he’ll join Andre Smith as the most appealing right tackles available. Teams like the Dolphins, Eagles, Texans and Cardinals have been linked with other available tackles this offseason and you’d imagine some or all of them will want a look at Clabo.

Any thoughts? 

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #1936 : April 04, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »

See Free Agent Tracker above please.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #1937 : April 04, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »

Falcons should trade for Revis and let Ryan play out his contract and become a free agent next year. That way, the Bucs would have an extra QB option next offseason if Freeman doesn't work out and wouldn't be stuck paying 15 million for a CB. Everybody wins. Except the Falcons.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #1938 : April 04, 2013, 11:38:01 AM »

I hope the Dolphins don't sign him... that will seriously effect their draft.  Which will have them targeting a corner.... Boo.

Aren't they out of money by now?  Jeeesh.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #1939 : April 04, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »

Falcons should trade for Revis and let Ryan play out his contract and become a free agent next year. That way, the Bucs would have an extra QB option next offseason if Freeman doesn't work out and wouldn't be stuck paying 15 million for a CB. Everybody wins. Except the Falcons.

They can tag Ryan next year... 2014.  Then the next tv contract kicks the cap up in 2015.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #1940 : April 04, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »

Foiled!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #1941 : April 04, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »

They can tag Ryan next year... 2014.  Then the next tv contract kicks the cap up in 2015.
Falcons can't tag Ryan and afford Revis.  Cap doesn't increase till '15 as mentioned.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #1942 : April 04, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »

CalicoJack, keep in mind the Falcons also need $$$ to sign their rooks.  So lets pretend they have 5M - 6M stashed for rooks, that puts them back to 1.5M - 2.5M in available cap.  That's not enough to land Revis.

That makes me feel much better knowing that.
The Atlanta Falcons were listed at $2.4 million under the cap. That was before news broke Thursday morning that the team is releasing right tackle Tyson Clabo. The move will free up $900,000 in the short term. But Clabo will be designated as a June 1 release. After June 1, the cap savings will be about $4.5 million. The Falcons also hope to work a long-term extension with quarterback Matt Ryan sometime this offseason. Depending on the structure of the deal, an extension could create some cap room for the Falcons this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/46529/nfc-south-salary-cap-check

Clabo is a solid player. i wouldnt mind picking him up. weve definately got cap space and we wouldnt need to draft an OL this year if we added him. we would actually have pretty good depth there
« : April 04, 2013, 11:48:18 AM dexmonkey »

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #1943 : April 04, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »

Falcons can't tag Ryan and afford Revis.  Cap doesn't increase till '15 as mentioned.

Well, no... that's why they can tag him in 2014 and wait for the cap to increase.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #1944 : April 04, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »

On the Falcons forum, they seemed to be surprised by the move. Generally, fans think every player that gets cut is terrible and worthless, but there wasn't any of that that I saw.

TomRiddle

Starter

« #1945 : April 04, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »

Lol, we(Dom) should look into it, he's a good option. Thank you salary cap, and thank you teams that are in a predicament...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #1946 : April 04, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »

Well, no... that's why they can tag him in 2014 and wait for the cap to increase.
With the QB deals signed this offseason, expect next year's QB franchise tag numbers to go up significantly. He'll be getting paid close to 20 million whether he's under contract or tag.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #1947 : April 04, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »

With the QB deals signed this offseason, expect next year's QB franchise tag numbers to go up significantly. He'll be getting paid close to 20 million whether he's under contract or tag.

...and next year's team cap space won't be what they are now...

TomRiddle

Starter

« #1948 : April 04, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »

See Free Agent Tracker above please.
If a mod can move this thread to the Free Agent Tracker, thanks.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #1949 : April 04, 2013, 12:26:17 PM »

I hope the Dolphins don't sign him... that will seriously effect their draft.  Which will have them targeting a corner.... Boo.

Aren't they out of money by now?  Jeeesh.

Don't believe the Phins or any other team can sign him before June 1. ATL hasn't "officially" cut him. He is designated a June 1 cut which gives ATL $4.5 mill in cap space instead of $900k

Page: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools