Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 158

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#60 : March 10, 2013, 12:44:04 AM

Michael told me that on more than one occasion just chatting in open locker. They both know how difficult it would be. As far as the speculation that Bennett isn't coming back, my source told me he is wanted, just not at $12 million a year. They have a plan, whether it works out is something different. Like I have written, it is a gamble they think is 50/50.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#61 : March 10, 2013, 08:21:38 AM

I'd love to get both Bennett's in. Someone will undoubtedly outbid us for Micheal though. I guess we should trust the Bucs to know Bennett's worth, but it will still be hard to lose him..

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 10, 2013, 09:50:27 AM

Martellus is massively overrated. I agree with Dominick not getting carried away and over paying Mike just to get his annoying brother down here. As much help as we need at tight end Bennett wouldn't solidify the position and I'm thinkIng we'd have to overpay him.

This guy...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#63 : March 10, 2013, 11:28:27 AM

It could really be two mistakes rolled into one. Pass.

In Verner We Trust

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 10, 2013, 12:16:32 PM

Overpay both or let Mike walk. Im thinking with the de's on the market Mikey is going elsewhere.

Sign OSI!!!!!

This guy...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 10, 2013, 12:19:57 PM

Martellus is massively overrated. I agree with Dominick not getting carried away and over paying Mike just to get his annoying brother down here. As much help as we need at tight end Bennett wouldn't solidify the position and I'm thinkIng we'd have to overpay him.

Agree, agree, and agree.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#66 : March 10, 2013, 05:22:43 PM

Agree, agree, and agree.

Martellus had a nice year for the Giants.  He didn't do much in Big D, but looked pretty good last season. He always was a good run blocker, and last year with the Giants, he showed he can be a good option in the passing game as well.  He had 4 games, with over 70 yards receiving.   Its rare to find a TE who can do it all, become available.  PFF was him rated as the best TE available this year.

1. Martellus Bennett
2. Anthony Fasano
3. Fred Davis
4. Jared Cook
5. Delanie Walker

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#67 : March 10, 2013, 05:25:47 PM

don't really care about PFF

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 10, 2013, 05:28:23 PM

Still, who on the team is better that Martellus?   Stocker?   Clark?

I don't think either one is better.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RiotHeart

Starter

#69 : March 10, 2013, 05:30:17 PM

They should take a discount to play together, not both be over payed. Otherwise, don't let the door hit ya.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#70 : March 10, 2013, 05:30:49 PM

I'd rather have Cook, for the right price.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Hate

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 10, 2013, 05:39:59 PM

I don't that's ever been questioned..... we may have the worst TE corp in the league. I'm just not convinced Martellus is worthy of the crown so many on this board have bestowed upon him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#72 : March 10, 2013, 05:48:51 PM

I don't that's ever been questioned..... we may have the worst TE corp in the league. I'm just not convinced Martellus is worthy of the crown so many on this board have bestowed upon him.

Martellus is solid, can block and be a receiver.  Sure he is not Gronk, but I would take him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#73 : March 10, 2013, 05:53:05 PM

Martellus is solid, can block and be a receiver.  Sure he is not Gronk, but I would take him.

at what cost?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#74 : March 10, 2013, 05:56:42 PM

at what cost?

Ya that is the big question.  I would take him on the cheap, not a huge break the bank contract.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools