Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 158

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#1725 : March 25, 2013, 08:24:36 PM

According to Ira Kaufman-

Ira Kaufman ‏@IKaufmanTBO 3h
Some of the things I'm hearing about Brent Grimes suggest he wouldn't make the grade as a Buccaneer Man for Greg Schiano. Scratch him

This Buccaneer Man theory is crap. If you want choir boys playing on your team then field the players in Utah. Asinine approach to fielding a football team. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1726 : March 25, 2013, 08:50:28 PM

Max Luckan‏@MaxLuckan57m
I'm told #Bucs are also mulling their level of interest in Antoine Winfield.

I hope so Winfield would be a really nice signing.
hell yeah. Older, scrappy, still has decent break...can coach up the younger guys in practice/on the field, solid tackler. Should come cheap...

Would love the sign to reinforce the secondary. Add some legit talent, even if it is a short term rental.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1727 : March 25, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

Some of the things I'm hearing about Brent Grimes suggest he wouldn't make the grade as a Buccaneer Man for Greg Schiano. Scratch him

This Buccaneer Man theory is crap. If you want choir boys playing on your team then field the players in Utah. Asinine approach to fielding a football team.

Yet Wright is still technically a Buc.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1728 : March 25, 2013, 08:53:16 PM

Max Luckan‏@MaxLuckan57m
I'm told #Bucs are also mulling their level of interest in Antoine Winfield.

I hope so Winfield would be a really nice signing.

Don't the Bucs already have one 37 year old CB they made an offer to...
Nope. But they are asking Ronde to come back as a safety. He would be a good depth signing, another General to lead the youngish secondary.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1729 : March 25, 2013, 08:55:24 PM

Lol...   best to take everything you hear from the media with a grain of salt right now...if not always.

I'd guess 95% of the time, the things the media 'hear' comes straight from the mouths of agents - which always have an agenda.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#1730 : March 25, 2013, 09:13:05 PM

ANd that makes me feel all warm inside.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1731 : March 25, 2013, 09:16:23 PM

ANd that makes me feel all warm inside.
Give it time, he will be gone soon enough. My guess is he will be released when/if we get Revis.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1732 : March 25, 2013, 09:46:44 PM

Even if Wright is a "backup plan" in the event of ANY-dog-damn-thing, there is no reason this overpaid, drug dealing, drug abusing, no cover skill having, lying sack of Forty Niner wearing gear schlep should be on the team.  A "backup" plan is usually described as something that may help you in the event...a contingency.  Eazy E is no contingency.  He is part of the problem, and Dom is a fool for signing him.

Still SMH that he is on the team, and told you guys last year he was awful.

yvespo

Rookie

#1733 : March 25, 2013, 09:50:48 PM

Why do you guys like winfield so much? He can't run with no receiver in the division, the vikings played a cover 2 which suited him. No way he can play man no more

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1734 : March 25, 2013, 09:56:24 PM

Why do you guys like winfield so much? He can't run with no receiver in the division, the vikings played a cover 2 which suited him. No way he can play man no more
He is still viable.  And at the right price, even moreso.

He wasn't as awful as you think.  He played decent ball, and has a lot going on upstairs.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1735 : March 26, 2013, 01:08:08 AM

Even if Wright is a "backup plan" in the event of ANY-dog-damn-thing, there is no reason this overpaid, drug dealing, drug abusing, no cover skill having, lying sack of Forty Niner wearing gear schlep should be on the team.  A "backup" plan is usually described as something that may help you in the event...a contingency.  Eazy E is no contingency.  He is part of the problem, and Dom is a fool for signing him.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the last part.

He was never any good, but I had hoped he would at least be the anti-talib. Nope.  ::)

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#1736 : March 26, 2013, 08:22:56 AM

Chill out Boid

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#1737 : March 26, 2013, 10:11:55 AM

@AdamSchefter
Broncos free-agent CB Tracy Porter visited the Saints on Monday.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1738 : March 26, 2013, 10:38:33 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the last part.

He was never any good, but I had hoped he would at least be the anti-talib. Nope.  ::)

Nope is absolutely right. Wish they would flush this turd already...but now I'm starting to think that they may keep him on the roster so that they can hit the minimum cap floor this coming season. They still would have quite a few $ that they have to spend even if they didn't cut Wright...cutting him would mean that they would have to go out and sign an additional vet who made $5+mil, God forbid.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1739 : March 26, 2013, 12:05:12 PM

@AdamSchefter
Broncos free-agent CB Tracy Porter visited the Saints on Monday.

You do have to wonder why no one visits us.  Nobody.  It is a little disconcerting.  Not accusing anyone of anything.  Just think it's odd.
Page: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools