Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 158

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2115 : May 02, 2013, 11:43:36 AM

I'm sure he'll take 3 million to stick it to Matt Ryan. Donald Penn would sleep a whole lot better too.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2116 : May 02, 2013, 09:06:09 PM

Freeney for about $4 million a year, take it.

Sorry buddy but Bucs feel like they have the pieces in place and dont want to play even 2.5 Million for 1 player. They have a good young foundation and they want to be able to afford them all when their rookie contracts are up as well as Revis, Goldson, Jackson and others. This is where you can mess up a potential dynasty and Im glad the Bucs arent doing anything dumb

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2117 : May 02, 2013, 09:31:47 PM

I say just sign him for a year. He's 33. He's not going to get a huge contract. Give him a one year good pay to come in for a year and help out on the dline.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2118 : May 02, 2013, 09:55:37 PM

Sorry buddy but Bucs feel like they have the pieces in place and dont want to play even 2.5 Million for 1 player. They have a good young foundation and they want to be able to afford them all when their rookie contracts are up as well as Revis, Goldson, Jackson and others. This is where you can mess up a potential dynasty and Im glad the Bucs arent doing anything dumb

Sorry buddy, but a savvy vet on a one year deal would not only solidify the rotation...it would also not limit the Bucs when wanting to re-sign current players in future years.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2119 : May 02, 2013, 10:02:55 PM

The only issue with a vet is chemistry...  harder to find the right fit in year 2 of this bright young team.

I think of they do sign one - it will be after they get a good look at what they have in mini camp or even as late as after training camp...

Over and over again they've shown to be much more patient than everyone here.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2120 : May 02, 2013, 10:34:39 PM

The only issue with a vet is chemistry...  harder to find the right fit in year 2 of this bright young team.

I think of they do sign one - it will be after they get a good look at what they have in mini camp or even as late as after training camp...

Over and over again they've shown to be much more patient than everyone here.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Just because there is a weakness on the team, doesn't mean that there is necessarily a quick or permanent fix available on the open market.

That said, if a guy does become available, we could certainly use the help. A late FA signing is not going to hurt the Bucs financially.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2121 : May 02, 2013, 10:45:54 PM

Sorry buddy, but a savvy vet on a one year deal would not only solidify the rotation...it would also not limit the Bucs when wanting to re-sign current players in future years.
Chace, a question for you sir:

Ronde for 3 million this year or Freeney/Abraham for 4 million this year? Who ya got?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2122 : May 02, 2013, 11:45:55 PM

Can both be an option?...please..?

Ok..I won't dodge.

Assuming all would be good teammate/leader...

Abraham at $4mil. Pass rush is a far bigger need than a S/CB/LB hybrid.
Also, call me crazy, but I feel that a combo of A. Black and E. Wright could fill in and produce at about the same level as Barber. I have liked what I have seen from A. Black in terms of zone coverage and tackling ability. I think he could be trained to be the DB who.comes in on 3rd downs and hangs around in box with the LBs on nickel and dime situations. I also think E. Wright could take over some of the hybrid duty on early downs since he has shown to previously be a decent tackler and could matchup ok against some slot guys and TEs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2123 : May 03, 2013, 07:00:54 AM

If Barber wants to come back, we gotta take him. Wright and Black can't play as a 3rd safety and linebacker. He's still an important piece if he wants it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2124 : May 03, 2013, 07:12:28 AM

I wouldn't say he is an important piece at this point , but yes ,  he is welcome to come back if he wants to.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2125 : May 03, 2013, 07:45:37 AM

Can both be an option?...please..?

Ok..I won't dodge.

Assuming all would be good teammate/leader...

Abraham at $4mil. Pass rush is a far bigger need than a S/CB/LB hybrid.
Also, call me crazy, but I feel that a combo of A. Black and E. Wright could fill in and produce at about the same level as Barber. I have liked what I have seen from A. Black in terms of zone coverage and tackling ability. I think he could be trained to be the DB who.comes in on 3rd downs and hangs around in box with the LBs on nickel and dime situations. I also think E. Wright could take over some of the hybrid duty on early downs since he has shown to previously be a decent tackler and could matchup ok against some slot guys and TEs.
I would have to go with the pass rusher also. Ronde still doing it is a nice feel good story but I would give that money to a veteran pass rusher like Freeney or Abraham instead.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2126 : May 03, 2013, 08:48:37 AM

I wouldn't say he is an important piece at this point , but yes ,  he is welcome to come back if he wants to.

people underestimate how important Ronde is to this team on and off the field. his leadership is very undervalued by a lot of fans and the media. if he wants to come back you let him come back. weve got the cap space to pay him so its no big deal. even if hes only on the field for obvious passing downs his experience and play diagonosing ability are second to none.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2127 : May 03, 2013, 09:08:27 AM

Agreed dex.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2128 : May 03, 2013, 02:38:05 PM

I want to see Barber hit that 50-30 club. We cant deny him that chance. Hed be effective on passing downs in the slot or as that extra safety like we were doing with Black out there. I dont see it happening though. I think Barber has played his last days. Sad to say.

The Freeman

Starter

#2129 : May 03, 2013, 03:39:02 PM

I want to see Barber hit that 50-30 club. We cant deny him that chance. Hed be effective on passing downs in the slot or as that extra safety like we were doing with Black out there. I dont see it happening though. I think Barber has played his last days. Sad to say.
+ 20
Page: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools