Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2325 : September 24, 2013, 02:34:46 PM

Buccaneers worked out former Browns ILB L.J. Fort today.

Not a TE...or a slot receiver.....a middle linebacker.

Weird.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2326 : September 24, 2013, 02:43:01 PM

You mean "stupid".

WTF is wrong with this group of coaches?  Schiano is a dunce.

Justin2626

Rookie

#2327 : September 25, 2013, 09:08:23 AM

So here is my question guys, this is my first time visiting this message board and i'm sure that it has been mentioned atleast once before. Below is my list of the top FAs available as our options for WR3/Slot WR and TE tell me what you think, I could be mistaken if someone is injured or got scooped recently by another team:

WR -

Brandon Lloyd - already proven himself to have a much higher capacity for talent than Ogletree
Austin Collie - Decent slot option
Chad Johnson - May not still have it, but the name and presence is enough to free up a lot of atttention that Mike and Vincent get.
Tiquan Underwood - BETTER THAN OGLETREE
Jordan Shipley - Decent slot option
Legedu Naanee - Proven that he has ability to make plays

TE -

Jake Ballard - Big bodied TE that has solid hands, would be a good redzone and third down target for Josh
Visanthe Shiancoe - Strong pass catching TE with some good speed for his size
Todd Heap - May be older, but better than what we currently have.
Randy McMichael - Don't know much about his ability but I do know he had some successful seasons.

My question to the staff of the Bucs, is why haven't we addressed these obvious holes in our offense.  Clearly defenses have figured our offense out and having to stop ONLY Martin, or VJax or MW is a little too easy.  I just don't get the decisions here....I don't understand what these coaches are doing.  WE have to get solid personnel at these positions if we want to be competitive.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2328 : September 25, 2013, 09:29:25 AM

Damn...why don't we bring in Collie ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2329 : September 25, 2013, 09:41:05 AM

Greg Salas and Conner Vernon should be on that list. So should Jake Stoneburner, Matt Furstenburg, and Philip Lutzenkirchen.

Justin2626

Rookie

#2330 : September 25, 2013, 09:59:27 AM

JDouble, I literally have no clue who those guys are.  Would you mind breaking them down a little for me?  If not it's cool, like I said i'm not the most knowledgable by any means when it comes to FA talent, I just rattled off a quick list showing several options that would improve our situation.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#2331 : September 25, 2013, 10:21:15 AM

Bucs try out Ryan Rau, Jacquies Smith, L.J. Fort, Orie Lemon, David Hinds, Jon Morgan, Tristan Okpalaugo

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2332 : September 25, 2013, 11:42:34 AM

JDouble, I literally have no clue who those guys are.  Would you mind breaking them down a little for me?  If not it's cool, like I said i'm not the most knowledgable by any means when it comes to FA talent, I just rattled off a quick list showing several options that would improve our situation.

They are all rookies or 2nd year guys that were good college players, solid products , and currently on practice squads. Ripe for stealing.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2333 : September 25, 2013, 11:43:50 AM

Orie Lemon is an interesting try out.

Justin2626

Rookie

#2334 : September 25, 2013, 11:49:57 AM

They are all rookies or 2nd year guys that were good college players, solid products , and currently on practice squads. Ripe for stealing.

Ahh I see, nice! Thanks for the information!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2335 : September 25, 2013, 12:57:21 PM

Greg Salas and Conner Vernon our both possession receivers. Neither is super fast or freakishly athletic, but they both have shown the ability to get open and have great hands. Vernon is a smart player that finds holes in coverage and catches everything that is thrown his way. Salas plays much bigger than he is and has great body control. He makes a lot of one handed and other circus like catches and is very good at using his body to box out defenders. Both guys project as slot receivers. Both would be worth kicking tires. I have a hard time believing that Kevin Ogletree, Eric Page, Russell Sheppard, Skye Dawson, and our newest pick Dan Buckner....are all better than Salas and Vernon.

Greg Salas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9A9Ag5xQbs           http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/greg-salas?id=2495223

Conner Vernon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqddGoVEd9E        http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/conner-vernon?id=2539949

The TEs are are solid prospects that have good size, block, and catch. They are long shots, but they couldn't be any worse than Noble or Tim Wright....and one of them might actual end up being really good. Seems like it would be wise to take a shot. Matt Furstenburg was ranked as the 10th best TE in the 2013 draft. Ravens head coach has raved about him. He is a bit smaller at 6'5" 245lbs...but he is fast, athletic enough to play multiple sports in college, and has shown good hands.

Matt Furstenburg - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/matt-furstenburg?id=2539983       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1RzWEaKuzk
: September 25, 2013, 01:00:38 PM JDouble

Justin2626

Rookie

#2336 : September 25, 2013, 02:17:49 PM

Thanks for the brief write up, I really like the way Vernon plays. You can see his Football IQ when he is running his routes.  Has very good spacial awareness it seems.  Also, Furstenburg definitely looks like the pass catcher we are looking for, the only issue is that his blocking seems quite weak.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2337 : October 01, 2013, 07:14:18 PM

Giants cut DaRell Scott.....yet another avaible RB that is better than James or Leonard. We should grab this guy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2338 : October 02, 2013, 09:52:45 AM

Giants cut DaRell Scott.....yet another avaible RB that is better than James or Leonard. We should grab this guy.

Why do you think they cut him?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2339 : October 02, 2013, 11:38:17 AM

They cut him because he is awesome. Clearly.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools