Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Going linebacker in round 1. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 08, 2013, 07:21:09 PM

Drafting a Sam LB in the 1st round should get Dom fired ... unless you think that Sam is a double digit sack freak like Von Miller.  Only LB that could possibly be is Jones, and even that is iffy....

Ogeltree won't even be on our radar at 13.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 08, 2013, 07:23:59 PM

That is my opinion.  "Without a doubt."  No stuttering.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 08, 2013, 07:34:07 PM

I have a feeling CBs will be added in FA, and the FO will resign Bennett and draft a guy like Hunt.

But Foster and David are locks to start, but after that the linebackers are replaceable depth guys.

Who is the best fit at linebacker for the downhill Bucs?  I think the Bucs will draft one of the Georgia boys.

I've been on the Jarvis Jones bandwagon for some time now.The way the Bucs utilize their LB. Jones would be a great fit.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 08, 2013, 07:56:13 PM

Jones would be a 3 down LB that could put a hand down, drop, blitz....impact player and is tied at the top of my draft wish list with Star.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 08, 2013, 07:57:34 PM

Jones would be a 3 down LB that could put a hand down, drop, blitz....impact player and is tied at the top of my draft wish list with Star.

So major health concerns are what you look for in a 1st round pick , I take it ?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : March 08, 2013, 08:00:11 PM

Jones is the only LB I'd even consider

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 08, 2013, 08:41:40 PM

Bucs are paper thin in the line backing corp.

They need quality. They play downhill blitz ahoy. They will nab a linebacker. That is my "mock" guess.

Oracle

Starter

#22 : March 08, 2013, 08:45:06 PM

Mason Foster is horrible.   I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went linebacker.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 08, 2013, 09:46:20 PM

The only LB worth the 13th pick is Jones. Unless you think Mingo or Jordan can fill that spot. Sio Moore in the third fourth is a real option. Sergio Kindle would  be a guy you can roll the dice on as a SLB in free agency, he would be high reward low risk guy.

Buc45

Starter
#24 : March 08, 2013, 10:04:52 PM

Ogletree is one of the best defenders in this draft...problem is that he is a knucklehead.  Just got a DUI before the combine.  I don't think Dom and Schiano will go for that...

#25 : March 08, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

Minter but not too early (late 1st/ 2nd)....knock Foster to SAM.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#26 : March 09, 2013, 03:37:52 AM

So major health concerns are what you look for in a 1st round pick , I take it ?
They're only major if a Doctor who has actually examined the player says they are major.  Talking heads on ESPN or NFL quoting anonymous sources are not qualified to make that assessment.  I don't question that he has spinal stenosis, but I do question the severity an if it and whether it would affect his career at all.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#27 : March 09, 2013, 07:47:37 AM

I have a feeling CBs will be added in FA, and the FO will resign Bennett and draft a guy like Hunt.

But Foster and David are locks to start, but after that the linebackers are replaceable depth guys.

Who is the best fit at linebacker for the downhill Bucs?  I think the Bucs will draft one of the Georgia boys.

This makes a lot of sense.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 09, 2013, 07:59:13 AM

Uh, no thank you. The linebackers were the strength of this defense, if we go round 1 we should look to improve the depth of the DL.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 09, 2013, 08:02:13 AM

Yes.....getting a top 5 talent at 13....rolling the dice....taking a chance....gambling.....boom or bust....what ever you want to call it, it's a he'll of allot more interesting and exciting than reaching for a not so special corner. Do I want long term success...sure, but at the end of the day the NFL is about entertainment. And I find gambling with other peoples money to be entertaining.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Going linebacker in round 1. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools