Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Cox free agency rumors:.... Buccaneers interested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 10, 2013, 10:28:36 AM

Judging a corner by his INT numbers. Impressive

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 10, 2013, 10:39:16 AM

Yes, very impressive when you figure over half the board is all up in arms about tackling.

I'm not saying it's the end all, but if he has zero career ints, are you still interested? Because I suck at math, and four seems fairly close to zero to me. Especially when you have over a whole season to get more than two.

Just saying, I think Rhodes would be a better prospect if we're looking for a #1. Now, IF smith is willing to be the #2 and dom brings in revis or rhodes to be #1, I could be down with that I suppose.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 10, 2013, 11:46:20 AM

Basically if the Bucs land Smith then Wright gets cut IMO. Then the Bucs could target either Cox or Keenan Lewis. That is a win-win

nitey

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 10, 2013, 11:58:58 AM

I'm also somewhat leary of Smith and would prefer Cox/Lewis tandem, but as others have pointed out, Smith is still better than anyone we had on this team last year and would be an upgrade, I just wouldn't want to pay Smith in the 10m dollar range, I think there are other options. Hopefully Dom learned his lesson last season with Wright and will be a bit more cautious about spending big bucks on a unproven player.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 10, 2013, 06:31:57 PM

I'm also somewhat leary of Smith and would prefer Cox/Lewis tandem, but as others have pointed out, Smith is still better than anyone we had on this team last year and would be an upgrade, I just wouldn't want to pay Smith in the 10m dollar range, I think there are other options. Hopefully Dom learned his lesson last season with Wright and will be a bit more cautious about spending big bucks on a unproven player.

I think everything depends on the Revis situation.  Hopefully that gets resolved soon.  If he comes to Tampa, great, then you have your #1 CB and can shop for depth.

If he goes elsewhere, fine, but then you to shop for a #1 CB, and depth.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 10, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

Wouldn't mind him. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 10, 2013, 11:39:19 PM

Cox and Toler and the #13 pick CB.

That is my plan B if Revis goes elsewhere.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampafan8251

Starter
#22 : March 10, 2013, 11:40:27 PM

Roy Cummings has just updated his twitter, saying Bucs have continued their pursuit of Derek Cox and he could be the one signed on Tuesday

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 10, 2013, 11:43:08 PM

Cox and Toler and the #13 pick CB.

That is my plan B if Revis goes elsewhere.
I'd take that in a heartbeat provided we go DE or TE in the second (even moving up if we could).

In Verner We Trust

Tampafan8251

Starter
#24 : March 10, 2013, 11:45:10 PM

If signing Cox and adding a tight end like Bennett, Keller and than a DL helps us add more pieces than overpaying for Smith than I am all for it

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 10, 2013, 11:47:49 PM

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO
Bucs are continuing their pursuit of FA CB Derek Cox. H's someone Bucs could sign out of the chute on Tuesday

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 11, 2013, 12:10:18 AM

Bucs - Cox talks getting serious
JBF

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 11, 2013, 12:12:32 AM

Goodbye Wright.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 11, 2013, 12:13:06 AM

Cox is made of the finest crystal. Hopefully, the Bucs nab at least 3 quality CBs, two via free agency and at least one very early in the draft to assure higher ceiling.

Wouldn't mind him in Tampa, but Toler is the guy I think the Bucs want. Of course, he just came off an injury as well, but he was a good CB when active.

Cox-Toler-draftee rd1/2/3 (and/or) would make the Bucs playoff capable, IMO.

Have to keep durability in mind.

Also, the only reason I want a CB like Smith is because he theoretically capable of balancing out the matchups with our division rival WRs who pack some serious height/weight. But Toler-Cox-draftee gives the Bucs a better chance to cling to early leads.

#29 : March 11, 2013, 12:46:15 AM

Cox is made of the finest crystal. Hopefully, the Bucs nab at least 3 quality CBs, two via free agency and at least one very early in the draft to assure higher ceiling.

Wouldn't mind him in Tampa, but Toler is the guy I think the Bucs want. Of course, he just came off an injury as well, but he was a good CB when active.

Cox-Toler-draftee rd1/2/3 (and/or) would make the Bucs playoff capable, IMO.

Have to keep durability in mind.

Also, the only reason I want a CB like Smith is because he theoretically capable of balancing out the matchups with our division rival WRs who pack some serious height/weight. But Toler-Cox-draftee gives the Bucs a better chance to cling to early leads.

Exactly Boid. Smith can keep up with the bigger receivers and bump them at the line, wear them down over the course of the game/ season. The Bucs need a big press man guy like him and that would be his job. Cox just hasn't been that healthy.

Other than that I'm thinking/ liking Lewis & Toler.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Cox free agency rumors:.... Buccaneers interested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools