Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Cox free agency rumors:.... Buccaneers interested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 11, 2013, 01:20:43 AM

If the Bucs sign Cox, it had better be for a small deal. Dom can be a dimwit when signing guys. Best not get desperate, he has had time to line his ducks in a row, and the team is molding into a vision, so lets see what this vision is.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#31 : March 11, 2013, 01:58:58 AM

I wouldnt say signing Cox is desperate, the kid can play, i'm sure they wont over pay for him because of injury concerns but he has a lot of upside

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 11, 2013, 08:08:02 AM

So it sounds like cox will be one of the guys , who's the other ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#33 : March 11, 2013, 08:31:24 AM

If we get Cox and Smith, does Ronde play the slot and they sign a new FS?  Or will there be a new 3rd slot CB, either through FA or the draft?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 11, 2013, 08:54:36 AM

I'm fine with signing Cox for a reasonable amount, but I can't help but feel like he's the next Eric Wright....so I hope we don't go giving him $7M - $8M a year. If we are going to be desperate and over pay, then at least go after someone better than Cox. He would make us better, but like Wright, he is an average #2 CB. Hope Dom doesn't get carried away.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 11, 2013, 08:58:52 AM

I dont think they will have to overpay for Cox.  He is the type of player I like to see us target.  A younger player that still has upside and lots of tread left on his tires.   He needs to stay healthy but he has great potential to be a very solid CB for us

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 11, 2013, 09:05:06 AM

If he is a responsible adult who takes pride in what he puts on film,  then he is already better than Wright.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 11, 2013, 09:22:32 AM

I'm fine with signing Cox for a reasonable amount, but I can't help but feel like he's the next Eric Wright....so I hope we don't go giving him $7M - $8M a year. If we are going to be desperate and over pay, then at least go after someone better than Cox. He would make us better, but like Wright, he is an average #2 CB. Hope Dom doesn't get carried away.
Cox > Eazy E.

Have said Wright sucked since Dom inked him, and knowing little about Cox, I can safely say he is already better than Wright.

Cox has had good things written about him. I am all for signing this kid. Maybe he is out next BK.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 11, 2013, 09:47:08 AM

Goodbye Wright.

Can't wait. That guy is such a pompous **CENSORED** on twitter.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 11, 2013, 10:00:44 AM

We would have a very physical defense if we got Derek Cox &  Sean Smith in FA then drafted Phillips Elam or Vaccaro

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#40 : March 11, 2013, 10:28:47 AM

I think it will be in the 5 million a year range with lots of incentives for playing time, pro-bowls, etc.  That's just a guess, though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 11, 2013, 10:38:42 AM

I think it will be in the 5 million a year range with lots of incentives for playing time, pro-bowls, etc.  That's just a guess, though.
I would say that sounds right. But we are taking about Dominik here, and the agent dealing with him knows the Bucs are desperate for CB help. I expect a six to seven mill a year deal, laden with incentives as you mentioned.

The DBs are going to rob the Bucs this year. Get ready to deal with it.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 11, 2013, 10:51:44 AM

I would say that sounds right. But we are taking about Dominik here, and the agent dealing with him knows the Bucs are desperate for CB help. I expect a six to seven mill a year deal, laden with incentives as you mentioned.

The DBs are going to rob the Bucs this year. Get ready to deal with it.

That leverage will be squashed by Dom showing a chart of DB value this year. I do fear that Dom could overpay he has before. A big reason why Revis wants to be gone before getting to far into FA and why his agent is mad about the Jets not granting him permission to talk to other teams.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 11, 2013, 11:21:12 PM

An "industry source" tells the Florida Times Union free agent CB Derek Cox will likely command a deal worth roughly $24 million over four years.
So $6 million annually. The "industry source" is presumably someone who knows about NFL contracts, has a grasp of Cox's value, and isn't his agent. The Bucs, Redskins, and Jaguars are each known to have at least some interest in Cox.

Source: Florida Times Union

Mar 11 - 11:13 PM

The Freeman

Starter

#44 : March 11, 2013, 11:25:56 PM

would like a deal similar to the one Terrell Thomas & Asante Samuel received from the Giants & Falcons, $5M per year + $2M per year available through incentives based on playing time, interceptions and Pro Bowl berths.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derek Cox free agency rumors:.... Buccaneers interested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools