Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sternberg Talks, Stadium, Payroll, Attendance And Keeping Price « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#120 : July 31, 2013, 08:35:24 AM

Gotta blame Sternberg and Co for not properly tapping into the local corporations/businesses like the rest of the teams. According to Rays Index, the fans are there like any team and would be 15th in the league if they got the usual corp support that other teams got.

BTW, last night's game, well attended for a Tues game against a team with unknowns (Ariz).

Rays gave away a lot of tickets to Burst Pass holders like myself - don't know how many people took advantage of that.

It's not that they have done a poor job as much as it's that Tampa doesn't have a large corp base. Bucs deal with it too

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#121 : July 31, 2013, 02:21:53 PM

They are there - almost every Fortune 500 has some sort of branch in the area. Its up to Sternberg to wheel and deal to get them to make purchases.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#122 : July 31, 2013, 02:23:42 PM

Rays trade rumors 2013: Rays in talks on Michael Morse......S-Rod may be on his way out.

http://www.draysbay.com/2013/7/31/4575384/rays-trade-rumors-2013-rays-in-talks-on-michael-morse

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#123 : July 31, 2013, 02:35:51 PM

Update on #Rays trade talks, aiming for a bat http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/trade-deadline-update-quiet-so-far/2134089

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#124 : July 31, 2013, 03:57:23 PM

Pull the trigger. Morse can rake when he is healthy and hot.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#125 : July 31, 2013, 09:34:05 PM

Still 7th inning and maybe the Rays' worst game of the season......total dud.

They sell $2 seat for kids - the future generation of Tampa Bay Rays fans - to entice them into being big fans someday.

And what do they do?  Lay an egg......

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#126 : August 01, 2013, 06:23:29 PM

Sports Illustrated | SI.com
MLB Power Rankings: http://on.si.com/14lGkfx
1. Detroit Tigers
2. Atlanta Braves
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Tampa Bay Rays
5. Pittsburgh Pirates

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#127 : August 04, 2013, 08:17:00 PM

17k .....Tuesday's game I received  free ticket as a STH....artificially inflated attendance numbers.

Saturday's game was filled with USF students - thousands - it was USF night or something- not sure if they got free or heavily discounted tix. They also gave out a free Joe Maddon toy that are going for $50 on Ebay - so I think that that brought in a lot of extra people......artificially inflated numbers.

Not sure what happened today, I couldn't go (Sold tix stubhub). - but wouldn't be surprised it there was a giveaway - that's right, backpacks were given to the kids.
Having the 2012 MLB Champs helped, too.
: August 04, 2013, 08:21:06 PM Morgan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#128 : August 04, 2013, 08:20:30 PM

17k .....Tuesday's game I received  free ticket as a STH....artificially inflated attendance numbers.

Saturday's game was filled with USF students - thousands - it was USF night or something- not sure if the got free or heavily discounted tix. They also gave out a free Joe Maddon toy that are going for $50 on Ebay - so I think that that brought in a lot of extra people......artificially inflated numbers.

Not sure what happened today, I couldn't go (Sold tix stubhub). - but wouldn't be surprised it there was a giveaway - that's right, backpacks were given to the kids.
Having the 2012 MLB Champs helped, too.

in before deletion

lolz

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#129 : August 04, 2013, 08:23:50 PM

I noticed the Tampa Bay Times had a Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal -other than USF's support, this is really the first "corp" that I've seen supporting the team - they do have several banks that sponsor sections, but the Rays have a crappy amount of corp support in tix sales and if they get anywhere what other teams receive, they're #15 (midpack) on attendance.

What a difference (home field advantage) the team has when 30k show up to support. The atmosphere is very electric.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#130 : August 04, 2013, 08:30:58 PM

I noticed the Tampa Bay Times had a Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal -other than USF's support, this is really the first "corp" that I've seen supporting the team - they do have several banks that sponsor sections, but the Rays have a crappy amount of corp support in tix sales and if they get anywhere what other teams receive, they're #15 (midpack) on attendance.

What a difference (home field advantage) the team has when 30k show up to support. The atmosphere is very electric.

in before deletion

Rays home record = 37-21 ...... 1-1 in sellouts

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#131 : August 04, 2013, 08:42:35 PM

goofy

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#132 : August 05, 2013, 07:03:22 AM

Nobody- least of all Will Myers - was quite able to describe exactly what the rookie slugger did between hitting his home run and flipping his bat, as he kicked his right leg to regain his balance, though it seemed to most resemble something from the football field. "I saw the field goal," Rays manager Joe Maddon said, "I saw Jim Bakken, No 25, the St Louis football Cardinals, straight-ahead kicker....Good!".  TBO.com

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#133 : August 05, 2013, 09:47:30 AM

A few years ago there was an article about the Bucs and the inverse relationship between Bucs attendance and most other teams in the NFL (i.e., less corporate and more individual here where most other teams are reversed).  That's why the Rays stuggle so much with attendance, they are already operating at at deficit in terms of corporate money and then you add on a terrible location etc.

No professional team wins conssitently so the "win and they will come" strategy is a loser. There was a study, well known in sport marketing circles, that listed the primary motivators for attending and NOT attending US professional sports and just like any other business its things like "convenience," "price", "value," etc. that lead the list of motivators.  I cant find the study online right now, but this link is for a Greek professional basketball team and it disucsses the US study in great length and attendance motivators in general.

http://www.biologyofexercise.com/1.pdf

If you read it and think about the Trop you will understand why the Rays are in  alot of trouble absent a big change. Hard thing for "hard core" fans to get their  heads around, but professional sports need MARGINAL fans to survive because "hard core" fans are small in number

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#134 : August 05, 2013, 02:47:09 PM

noticed that most if not all of the players on the steroid suspension list are Hispanic...what's the deal with that?
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sternberg Talks, Stadium, Payroll, Attendance And Keeping Price « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools