Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Mark We Trust « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 11, 2013, 04:26:46 PM »

In Mark We Trust: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Offseason Is In Good Hands

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 11, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »

- Winslow trade/contract, which turned into taking Benn over Gronkowski and Graham

that's some funny stuff right there

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 11, 2013, 04:43:26 PM »

I hate hindsighters. Especially when they cowardly creep out to counter an argument that had they had no opinion on. Makes me laugh.

This ^^^^

No offense to our own Captain Hindsight.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 11, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »

That being said there is one question all Bucs fans should know the answer to; can we trust the man in charge?

The answer to this question in the mind of everyone from players, to fans, to Mark Dominik’s peers should be a resounding yes.

Let’s examine some of the moves that Dominik has made since becoming the Buccaneers GM.

Ok...

- Offered Haynesworth $100M+
- Winslow trade/contract, which turned into taking Benn over Gronkowski and Graham
- Antonio Bryant franchise tag
- Derrick Ward
- Clayton contract
- Wanted Mark Sanchez
- Quincy Black contract
- Missing out on the FA CB market of 2011, signing Eric Wrong in 2012 and now we're absolutely F'ed at corner.

His record sucks, his track record sucks.

Dom has a spotty record, no doubt. But, its funny when people post a list that^^ highlighting only the "bad" and even including things that DIDNT happen.  For example, I presume one reason we did not sign Haynesworth was because of the structure of the contract. "Wanted Mark Sanchez"?  Huh?

Even if that list is 7 players long (its tough to tell), dont you have to weigh that against successful draft picks and successful free agent pick up and trading picks to get Martin etc. this year?  I mean, just to be  fair dont you have to mention the positive, particularly if you're going to say "his record sucks." I mean how about using his WHOLE record? Just a thought.

Dom still has a lot to prove, but like most people his record is good and bad.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 11, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »

That being said there is one question all Bucs fans should know the answer to; can we trust the man in charge?

The answer to this question in the mind of everyone from players, to fans, to Mark Dominik’s peers should be a resounding yes.

Let’s examine some of the moves that Dominik has made since becoming the Buccaneers GM.

Ok...

- Offered Haynesworth $100M+
- Antonio Bryant franchise tag
- Derrick Ward
- Clayton contract
- Wanted Mark Sanchez
- Quincy Black contract
- Missing out on the FA CB market of 2011, signing Eric Wrong in 2012 and now we're absolutely F'ed at corner.

His record sucks, his track record sucks.

Dom has a spotty record, no doubt. But, its funny when people post a list that^^ highlighting only the "bad" and even including things that DIDNT happen.  For example, I presume one reason we did not sign Haynesworth was because of the structure of the contract. "Wanted Mark Sanchez"?  Huh?

Even if that list is 7 players long (its tough to tell), dont you have to weigh that against successful draft picks and successful free agent pick up and trading picks to get Martin etc. this year?  I mean, just to be  fair dont you have to mention the positive, particularly if you're going to say "his record sucks." I mean how about using his WHOLE record? Just a thought.

Dom still has a lot to prove, but like most people his record is good and bad.

We didn't sign Haynesworth because the Redskins offered $40M guaranteed and the Bucs offered $30M guaranteed. So in that regard Dominik gets credit for being less dumb than Vinny Cerrato.

Yes he wanted Mark Sanchez. This is all relevant because if either of things did happen then Dominik would have been fired already, long ago. Just like Cerrato and Tannebaum.

His whole record is 24-40. While he didn't take over a good team, he took over a clean slate: all the draft picks and tons of cap room without really any bad contracts. Long term that's better than taking over a good roster. Any GM worth a damn would have built a winner by now. Instead we're pissing in the wind with the worst pass defense in a league all about passing.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 11, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »

We have a franchise RB and maybe the next best LB in David. I trust Dom with draft picks and tier 1 Free Agents. He did Bring Penn in who has started for a while now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 11, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »

We have a franchise RB and maybe the next best LB in David. I trust Dom with draft picks and tier 1 Free Agents. He did Bring Penn in who has started for a while now.
There's no such thing as a "franchise" RB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 11, 2013, 06:28:12 PM »

We didn't sign Haynesworth because the Redskins offered $40M guaranteed and the Bucs offered $30M guaranteed. So in that regard Dominik gets credit for being less dumb than Vinny Cerrato.

Yes he wanted Mark Sanchez. This is all relevant because if either of things did happen then Dominik would have been fired already, long ago. Just like Cerrato and Tannebaum.

His whole record is 24-40. While he didn't take over a good team, he took over a clean slate: all the draft picks and tons of cap room without really any bad contracts. Long term that's better than taking over a good roster. Any GM worth a damn would have built a winner by now. Instead we're pissing in the wind with the worst pass defense in a league all about passing.

lol, you're definitely NOT a  fan, which is certainly your right.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 11, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »

I think since Schiano came, Dom's been a lot more Solid. Imperfect at times, but we have seen his best FA and a stellar draft from him last year. Seem's a lot more organized now IMO. We'll see if this FA is Solid enough and i think we'll have a good draft.

Not to mention the way he used that 4th last year was great for us.

I don't think Mid tier FA's equal a bad haul. Smith, Cox, Avril ans Kruger are all very sensible choices. You have to remember, Schiano even said that they don't WANT to be big in FA each year.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Oracle

Starter

« #24 : March 11, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »

a stellar draft from him last year.

Not really.  Barron was practically a bust.

Last year's draft class was great.    Almost every team had a solid draft last year.   Hell, the Seahawks almost made the Super Bowl because of their Russell Wilson pick.    The Redskins with RG3, the Colts with Luck.   That was one strong draft class.

This year's draft is weak.   You can expect Dominik to have a crap draft this year.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #25 : March 11, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »

a stellar draft from him last year.

Not really.  Barron was practically a bust.

Last year's draft class was great.    Almost every team had a solid draft last year.   Hell, the Seahawks almost made the Super Bowl because of their Russell Wilson pick.    The Redskins with RG3, the Colts with Luck.   That was one strong draft class.

This year's draft is weak.   You can expect Dominik to have a crap draft this year.

Not unless we package something to get Timmy in here right?

Oracle

Starter

« #26 : March 11, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »

Trading for Tebow would be smart.   But that wouldn't be the "draft".

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #27 : March 11, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

Trading for Tebow would be smart.   But that wouldn't be the "draft".

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Mark We Trust « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools