Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective on Freeman's age and upside « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#60 : March 11, 2013, 03:42:38 PM

Just want to see some progression in his reads, more fire in his attitude, and stop looking lost when he faces good-great teams.

once we fix the secondary.... and all of the above will happen!!

relentless! lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#61 : March 11, 2013, 03:46:54 PM

That son, is what you call an anomaly.

Only if you consider Eli to be an elite QB, which I don't. He has talent, skills, luck, and a good situation, but he is not elite. He is proof that a good to great defense can win a SB in spite of not having an elite QB.

FRANCHISE-QB

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 11, 2013, 03:48:32 PM

Just want to see some progression in his reads, more fire in his attitude, and stop looking lost when he faces good-great teams.

relentless! lol

I was going to ask how many times are you going to use that, guess it is his go to phrase.
: March 11, 2013, 03:50:38 PM XFactor

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 11, 2013, 04:03:33 PM

Care to point me in the direction of the freepologist that has said that was the reason he didnt play great last year?? I know guys have brought up our **CENSORED**ty defense but I dont think anybody has said that was the reason Free didnt play well. Its a reason for why the team can win more games despite Freeman being mediocre. Which is what we really want right? I think that had the defense played decent last year and Freeman put up the same stats we would have made the playoffs and we wouldnt be giving Freeman as much crap. We would but we would also be more positive about seeing how he would do in year 2 of playing in this offense. Losses are what has gotten everybody pissed off. People want to go to the playoffs and win. People were saying Flacco couldnt do **CENSORED** in this league but proved people wrong when he won the SB. It didnt matter what kind of team he had. As long as he did it.

Thats what were looking at with Freeman. Hes losing games, therefore hes going to get majority of blame from fans. Thats just how it works. Did Freeman play like crap last year at times?? No doubt but hes not as bad as many are saying he is and if the team gets better around him wins will happen. Complaints about Freeman will go down because the team is winning. Im expecting this to happen in year 2 of his time in this offense and the team around him gets better. Its got to do with him getting better & the team getting better. Both happen, great things are in store for this team. I actually think this is possible and that these "excuses" are actually solid reasons for why he can turn his game around. Reasons for doubt at the same time yes, but reasons to believe too. Just depends on how you want to look at it.
: March 11, 2013, 04:06:02 PM BucBalla85

big_JLB

Starter

#64 : March 11, 2013, 04:30:36 PM

if they win what does it matter if freeman does those things? honestly? if they fix the secondary they will likely win more. its simple. most of the issues people have with him seems like a bunch of nitpicking to be honest...thats not to say he doesn't have his flaws, but if you expect a fish to grow wings and fly then you better be prepared to be disappointed

vicious00cycle

Starter
#65 : March 11, 2013, 04:43:36 PM

Soooooooooo...... consistency?

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Redwave

Second String

#66 : March 11, 2013, 06:04:57 PM

I see you took your time to go back and read my OP. I'm talking about THIS year not last. No excuses THIS year.
Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks have never played a regular season game together. Both are coming off season-ending injuries and may never be the same again. Any discussion of the Bucs having a "top" offensive line is a complete hypothetical that has never actually happened in real life.

Anything that happens in the future is a hypothetical, the point is we are in the conversation when you are talking about being a top O-line.
Until the Bucs players stay healthy and play like a top offensive line, they're not in the conversation about being a top offensive line. You're describing a fantasy situation that has never happened.
Trueblood   ?     May have got onto the field in 9 games......but only 1 start.   IMO, performance of the OL was a bright spot in 2012 considering the way they met their substantial challenges.

Oracle

Starter

#67 : March 11, 2013, 06:09:33 PM

I too would like to see this through...   have a very good feeling about JF, particularly this coming season,  the same I've had since way back when I wanted them to draft him...

Says the guy who thought the Raheem Morris hire was a great move.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 11, 2013, 06:13:48 PM

I see you took your time to go back and read my OP. I'm talking about THIS year not last. No excuses THIS year.
Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks have never played a regular season game together. Both are coming off season-ending injuries and may never be the same again. Any discussion of the Bucs having a "top" offensive line is a complete hypothetical that has never actually happened in real life.

Anything that happens in the future is a hypothetical, the point is we are in the conversation when you are talking about being a top O-line.
Until the Bucs players stay healthy and play like a top offensive line, they're not in the conversation about being a top offensive line. You're describing a fantasy situation that has never happened.
Trueblood   ?     May have got onto the field in 9 games......but only 1 start.   IMO, performance of the OL was a bright spot in 2012 considering the way they met their substantial challenges.
They may have played well based on low expectations for a bunch of back ups and compared to some horrific other position groups on the team, but that doesn't mean they were good compared to the rest of the offensive lines in the league.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Redwave

Second String

#69 : March 11, 2013, 07:21:56 PM

They may have played well based on low expectations for a bunch of back ups and compared to some horrific other position groups on the team, but that doesn't mean they were good compared to the rest of the offensive lines in the league.
But absolutely well enough for a talented rookie to carve up the league in rushing and all purpose yards, and to protect Freeman well enough to throw for those seemingly astounding record TB passing stats (like the way that one can be used both ways..lol), and also allowed Josh to continue his decline in # of sacks taken. The prospect of reinserting the 2 former All Pro's does actually give many of us hope that this will be a major area of strength heading into 2013. I guess we'll be watching the work in the trenches closely this Preseason.

Redwave

Second String

#70 : March 11, 2013, 07:28:33 PM

BS excuses!! I want results now damn it!!!

After 3.5 years of starting under his belt, it's well within our rights to ask for them.

some here would disagree..... expecting consistent results is seen as HATE.

I was really just jokin around. I expect to see results too. I just think a little differently. I think the stuff you guys call excuses are things that can legitemately be reasons for why he can turn his game around. They arent things to hang your hat on of course and I dont want to see Freeman make those excuses but as a fan outside looking in, they very well could be reasons for why he struggling and are things he can turn around. I just see hope. Some people lose hope and think they might as well just move on. Im not one of those people. I like to see it through until theres absolutely no hope.
Not an exact science...is it?   However, too slow to come to an analysis you're willing to act on is also a recipe for failure. Just like a stock, a player has a value based on perspective. If you determine the upside is  not very high and you're already there, then it's decision time. If there's something that makes you feel comfortable with future growth, then you hold on. If you're having a hard time buying in, but the alternatives look bleak, then you know how many of us feel, and we hold on grudgingly. Just remember, doing nothing also comes with risk. At the end of 2013, Bucs won't get anything for him if he walks, & the team starts the process all over again..and with what? We don't know. If he impresses, he probably walks anyway due to not signing him to an extension and increased market value. I still think it's best to sign him now to a 2 year deal that's fair for both sides, based on his entire body of work & spotty history.  Don't overpay - keep the guy trade-able. Then, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#71 : March 11, 2013, 08:26:45 PM

But absolutely well enough for a talented rookie to carve up the league in rushing and all purpose yards, and to protect Freeman well enough to throw for those seemingly astounding record TB passing stats (like the way that one can be used both ways..lol), and also allowed Josh to continue his decline in # of sacks taken. The prospect of reinserting the 2 former All Pro's does actually give many of us hope that this will be a major area of strength heading into 2013. I guess we'll be watching the work in the trenches closely this Preseason.
But as I originally said, until we see it actually happen, it's just "hope". And Davin Joseph never made an all-pro team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#72 : March 11, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

But as I originally said, until we see it actually happen, it's just "hope". And Davin Joseph never made an all-pro team.

EVERY single season and game starts with "hope". Doesnt matter who is on the team. Ya just never know.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#73 : March 11, 2013, 09:35:14 PM

EVERY single season and game starts with "hope". Doesnt matter who is on the team. Ya just never know.
That's fine but the post I originally responded to presented it as a statement of fact that Freeman had "on[e] of the NFL's top O-lines", which has never happened in real life.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#74 : March 11, 2013, 09:41:20 PM

Bucs fans are unreal. Show some patience for once!

Steve Young, Doug Wiiliams and even Trent Dilfer left here to become Super Bowl winning Qb's. in my mind, Freeman is better than at least two of those guys... If we support freeman he could end as the best qb on that list.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective on Freeman's age and upside « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools