Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More evidence of the cancer that is Percy Harviin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: March 13, 2013, 09:29:47 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/christian-ponder-doesnt-care-what-percy-harvin-thinks/

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 13, 2013, 09:34:32 AM

I dont think Harvin was being a cancer more so than any other player in a contract squabble...

He wont be a problem in Seattle. The only question is he going to be worth all that money they paid him?

This guy...

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 13, 2013, 09:36:53 AM

I dont think Harvin was being a cancer more so than any other player in a contract squabble...

He wont be a problem in Seattle. The only question is he going to be worth all that money they paid him?

Harvin was in the MVP discussion at one point last year. Part of that might be because of the attention to AP, then again look who was throwing to him?

I think he will be worth the money.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 13, 2013, 09:36:59 AM

i do believe harvin is high maintenance.  but i could also post some pictures of National Championships that UF won with a lot of his help. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 13, 2013, 09:41:48 AM

i do believe harvin is high maintenance.  but i could also post some pictures of National Championships that UF won with a lot of his help.

On a related note, someone could have bought Maurice Clarett's national championship ring:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-OHIO-STATE-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-FOOTBALL-RING-/200603093858?_trksid=p4340.m263

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 13, 2013, 09:42:13 AM

Harvin is a stud - has been showing that to folks since college.  The efforts to maintain are well worth it.  Congrats to Seattle for realizing that fact. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 13, 2013, 09:44:55 AM

On a related note, someone could have bought Maurice Clarett's national championship ring:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-OHIO-STATE-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-FOOTBALL-RING-/200603093858?_trksid=p4340.m263

No, no. Maurice long lost his ring in the dark shadows of the Israeli Ecstasy market. True story

This guy...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 13, 2013, 09:47:17 AM

touche.  certainly different types of "problem" players.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 13, 2013, 09:51:48 AM

I agree, just making the point that winning a national championship doesn't make a guy worth having. For the record, I think Harvin would fill every hole on the Bucs on the offensive side, but I still wouldn't want him. He's a dynamic player.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 13, 2013, 09:52:18 AM

Wait until Harvin gets 2-3 catches a game for a few games then see what he has to say. I thought it very interesting that his interview yesterday he started off by saying Coach frazer has the utmost respect for me then followed with I have the utmost respect for him. Clearly he didn't respect his headcoach. Maybe the problem was the headcoach but as far as I know no one else had a problem with Frazer.

Guys like Harvin are always going to find trouble. That's just the way he comes off. Maybe I'm wrong about him but he won't be happy on a team that is team first.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 13, 2013, 09:56:48 AM

yeah i dont buy his little Ponder is the problem deal. considering Ponder was getting him the ball a ton he should have had no reason to complain. sounds to me like he just wasnt getting along with the coaches and wasnt going to get a big contract.

hes your typical Diva wide receiver. wants to get paid and wants everything to go his way. if he wants to be mad at anyone its not Ponder, be mad at the vikings for not getting any other receivers to catch the ball. it would have made Harvin's job alot easier as well

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 13, 2013, 09:58:34 AM

Wait until Harvin gets 2-3 catches a game for a few games then see what he has to say. I thought it very interesting that his interview yesterday he started off by saying Coach frazer has the utmost respect for me then followed with I have the utmost respect for him. Clearly he didn't respect his headcoach. Maybe the problem was the headcoach but as far as I know no one else had a problem with Frazer.

Guys like Harvin are always going to find trouble. That's just the way he comes off. Maybe I'm wrong about him but he won't be happy on a team that is team first.

from what i understand if you cant get along with leslie frazier, you cant get along with anyone. from all accounts he is a very personable guy and is well liked by players and respected. Harvin is just a pain to deal with

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 13, 2013, 10:27:16 AM

Just more homers expressing their undying love for percy harvin's college years. Anquan Boldin is better than Percy Harvin and he went for a 6th round pick. Seattle got fleeced.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 13, 2013, 10:33:18 AM

Just more homers expressing their undying love for percy harvin's college years. Anquan Boldin is better than Percy Harvin and he went for a 6th round pick. Seattle got fleeced.

anquan boldin will be 33 and has taken some big hits.  i think seattle and 49ers both did well.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 13, 2013, 10:43:58 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/10/harvin-among-gators-players-who-undermined-the-program-under-meyer/

He does have quite the prior history. The guy choke slammed his college receivers coach, so he may be somewhat of a cancer.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More evidence of the cancer that is Percy Harviin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools