Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More evidence of the cancer that is Percy Harviin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 13, 2013, 10:51:53 AM

Just more homers expressing their undying love for percy harvin's college years. Anquan Boldin is better than Percy Harvin and he went for a 6th round pick. Seattle got fleeced.

anquan boldin will be 33 and has taken some big hits.  i think seattle and 49ers both did well.

Anquan Bolding is a different type of receiver. Physical strong and possession type. Percy Harvin is a speed guy, that is all he has. Where are his legs at now? Where will they be in a year or two. Anquan has something like 15 TDs in the past two post seasons. Percy Harvin has 600 yds receiving this past year and a lot of headaches. I don't think he has ever played a full season. 6th rounder for Boldin and a year long contract. A 1st, 4th and 7th with a huge contract for Percy? IMO, Seattle got fleeced.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 13, 2013, 10:58:02 AM

Anquan Bolding is a different type of receiver. Physical strong and possession type. Percy Harvin is a speed guy, that is all he has. Where are his legs at now? Where will they be in a year or two. Anquan has something like 15 TDs in the past two post seasons. Percy Harvin has 600 yds receiving this past year and a lot of headaches. I don't think he has ever played a full season. 6th rounder for Boldin and a year long contract. A 1st, 4th and 7th with a huge contract for Percy? IMO, Seattle got fleeced.

harvin has something like 12 TD's in the last 1.5 years.  and when was the last time harvin had a headache?

not sure i buy the 15 TD's in 2 postseasons, think he had 4 this postseason...and 4 in the regular season?

one guy is 25, one guy is 33.  think that could be a reason why the draft picks were different. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 13, 2013, 11:24:06 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/christian-ponder-doesnt-care-what-percy-harvin-thinks/
How exactly was that evidence?  ::)

You people would love it if he came to Tampa.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

bigbucco

Rookie

#18 : March 13, 2013, 11:28:29 AM

Ahh yes, remember when Harvin fell right into our laps in the draft and we took a questionable QB prospect in Josh Freeman instead?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 13, 2013, 11:36:50 AM

Just more homers expressing their undying love for percy harvin's college years. Anquan Boldin is better than Percy Harvin and he went for a 6th round pick. Seattle got fleeced.

I would have loved Boldin in this offense. He could have been that clutch # 3 we needed. Catches everything. Red Zone offense may have led the league in TDs.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 13, 2013, 11:54:31 AM

harvin has something like 12 TD's in the last 1.5 years.  and when was the last time harvin had a headache?

not sure i buy the 15 TD's in 2 postseasons, think he had 4 this postseason...and 4 in the regular season?

one guy is 25, one guy is 33.  think that could be a reason why the draft picks were different.

Ya I was off on the TDs by about a mile. I thought I heard that on ESPN radio the other day. Either way, Harvin is a fragile small receiver, who generally have very short shelf lives in the NFL. Anquan is a big physical receiver that can play a few more years because of the type of receiver he is. Not sure you can quantify the beating Anquan has taken or predict how that will or will not effect him in the next couple of years. I don't think Percy has played a single full season and don't think he has EVER had 1,000 yds in one year. We have "the awful" Freeman and nearly two receivers with 1,000 yds.

@Gatorbuc85-

No I would not love having Harvin here. I could think 20 other receivers I would take over Harvin.

#homer

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 13, 2013, 11:57:49 AM

The Seahawks got hosed.

Brandon Marshall went for only two 3rd rounders last year.

Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>Harvin

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 13, 2013, 12:07:32 PM

I would love to have Harvin's skill set here. I don't think he's worth the headache, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 13, 2013, 12:11:52 PM

The Seahawks got hosed.

Brandon Marshall went for only two 3rd rounders last year.

Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>Harvin

this.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 13, 2013, 12:12:16 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/christian-ponder-doesnt-care-what-percy-harvin-thinks/

You obvioulsy didn't read the article you posted.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 13, 2013, 12:12:22 PM

I would love to have Harvin's skill set here. I don't think he's worth the headache, though.

drumbeat drumbeat..symbol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 13, 2013, 12:57:06 PM

Ya I was off on the TDs by about a mile.

lolz @ you and this thread.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 13, 2013, 01:05:17 PM

Past 4 years...

Boldin in 60 games: 3,816 yards, 19 TDs

Harvin in 54 games: 7,168 yards, 29 TDs (3,985 yards not counting KR yards, still better, in less games.)
2009 Rookie of the Year, 2009 Pro Bowl, 7th/5th/8th in all purpose yards in 09, 10 and 11

Percy has been playing with Ponder as of late, whereas Boldin has been better off. So, who's better right now? More importantly, who got the better player? Seattle.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 13, 2013, 01:16:59 PM

Boldin is by far the better player right now. Not close.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 13, 2013, 01:21:26 PM

And the real question here is who got the better value.

Answer= Niners

Again...not close.

Percy Harvin has never had 1,000 yds receiving and has never had more than 6 receiving TDs in his career. You are going to justify a 1st 4th and 7th for that!?

Gentleman, put away your gator pom-poms, your bias is clouding your judgement.
: March 13, 2013, 01:24:46 PM warrenfb12

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More evidence of the cancer that is Percy Harviin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools