Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More evidence of the cancer that is Percy Harviin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 13, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

I would love to have Harvin's skill set here. I don't think he's worth the headache, though.

Can't decide if this pun was intentional. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 13, 2013, 02:20:37 PM

I don't think Percy has played a single full season and don't think he has EVER had 1,000 yds in one year. We have "the awful" Freeman and nearly two receivers with 1,000 yds.

the seahawks didnt have a guy with 800 yards receiving this past season.  the Bucs nearly had 2.  but which team had the better season again?

harvin missed 3 games his first 3 years.  is he the best WR in the league?  no.  but he is a dynamic playmaker, and i think its pretty naive to think opposing defenses arent taking note of him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 13, 2013, 02:23:30 PM

warren - if your only argument is value, then sure, 49ers got a better value.  if you think seattle got fleeced, then i guess next season (and after) will let us know.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 13, 2013, 02:28:45 PM

Man, if Wilson can build on last season's success and Seattle can sign a pass rusher, that will be one beast of a team. I was at the Seahawk/Niners came last December and they absolutely dismantled San Fran. Adding Harvin to the mix might be the final piece they need to get over the hump. Good trade IMO.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 13, 2013, 02:46:43 PM

warren - if your only argument is value, then sure, 49ers got a better value.  if you think seattle got fleeced, then i guess next season (and after) will let us know.

That is basically my argument in saying that seattle got fleeced. I think it is the only relevant argument. Using Boldin is mostly for comparison. We can go round and round on how stats don't matter as you were insinuating in your previous post, but it is typically what we judge these guys on. Again I could think of probably 20 WR in the NFL that I would trade for over Harvin. I will yield that Seattle may place a higher value on the guy because of their tendency to run the option. Harvin could probably be utilized a lot more effectively in that offense. Still, I say the value was not good here.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 13, 2013, 02:47:50 PM

49ERs got the more reliable player
seahawks got the player with more upside

harvin has attitude issues, boldin is a team leader

harvin is an electric playmaker and dynamic at multiple postions and capable of hitting a homerun every time he touches the ball. boldin is a very solid possesion receiver who wont hit home runs but moves the chains

harvin cost a 1st and a 3rd. boldin cost a 6th

harvin is a boom or bust prospect with that big contract and what seattle gave up. if he stays healthy and doesnt cause problems and is productive then seattle did very well. if he gets injured and shows his ass around the team, hes going to be a flop. harvins a big gamble but one that could pay off in spades if it works out. like any big FA signing there is significant risk but a chance for significant reward. harvin isnt what id consider a stable signing but could be a homerun.

boldin is a known commodity. his production throughout his career has been solid to very good. hes obviously in the twilight of his career and wont be the playmaker that harvin is but hes a very safe player to pick up. his salary isnt ridiculous and hes obviously only get something like a 2 year contract.

in the end the 49ers dont need a splash signing to get them to the superbowl. seattle desperately needs receiver help to put them over the top. the question is which signing pays off more

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 13, 2013, 03:06:12 PM

I would love to have Harvin's skill set here. I don't think he's worth the headache, though.

Can't decide if this pun was intentional.

I couldn't decide while I was posting it, either.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#37 : March 13, 2013, 03:23:53 PM

Plug in Harvin in Baltimore instead of Boldin and Harvin could have had a monster year...

Blindness, I tell you.

-Chase

Our fans suck!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More evidence of the cancer that is Percy Harviin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools