Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Released Quincy Black / signed Kevin Ogletree « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 14, 2013, 05:37:30 PM

Love the signing. It adds depth to the WR spot. He can play gunner as well, I believe.

He had that great game against the Giants...remember that?  If he can give us one of those games a year, it will be worth the sign. He can go about being a three catches for 35 yards guy the rest of the year. But he may have a bigger role, as Freeman likes to target slot receivers.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 14, 2013, 05:37:38 PM

Ogletree pushes Underwood and Benn down to the 4th and 5th WR. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs now trade Benn for a 5th-7th round pick.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 14, 2013, 05:38:41 PM

Yea he didn't do much more than Underwood.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 14, 2013, 05:40:59 PM

Witten, Austin, and Bryant had a lot to do with that. As did Murray.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Love the signing. It adds depth to the WR spot. He can play gunner as well, I believe.

He had that great game against the Giants...remember that?  If he can give us one of those games a year, it will be worth the sign. He can go about being a three catches for 35 yards guy the rest of the year. But he may have a bigger role, as Freeman likes to target slot receivers.
Honestly?  4 years of nothing and you love the signing - praytell what am I missing?  This is Kevin Ogletree who had 57 receptions over 4 years....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#20 : March 14, 2013, 05:45:16 PM

Ogletree pushes Underwood and Benn down to the 4th and 5th WR. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs now trade Benn for a 5th-7th round pick.

lol randy moss went for a fourth a few years ago and we are gunna get a 5th for benn? lmao. we wouldnt get a 7th for him.

Go Bucs

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 14, 2013, 05:45:39 PM

I saw him flash some nice games. Then he just vanishes because the team was loaded.

He doesn't suck. Jmo. He will be cheap, he has flashed some moments, just think he is a solid depth add.

N-Y

Rookie

#22 : March 14, 2013, 05:47:01 PM

how much room does this add to the cap?

Goldson38

Rookie
#23 : March 14, 2013, 05:49:19 PM

how much room does this add to the cap?

QB's cap # 5.5 million

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 14, 2013, 05:50:46 PM

Honestly?  4 years of nothing and you love the signing - praytell what am I missing?  This is Kevin Ogletree who had 57 receptions over 4 years....

I won't say I love the signing but it's not like he's coming in to start. He's coming in to compete for the slot/#3 WR spot. He had his best year last year. I doubt we paid a ton for him and it adds depth and competition and after Williams and Jackson we were kind of weak at WR. It's a decent signing...nothing to jump and shout about but it's not like we signed Larry Brackins.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 14, 2013, 05:53:15 PM

lol randy moss went for a fourth a few years ago and we are gunna get a 5th for benn? lmao. we wouldnt get a 7th for him.

I said a 5th to a 7th...with a 7th being more likely. I understand a 5th is a pipe dream but maybe some GM loved him in college...who knows...stranger things have happened.

I still think Benn has some potential and actually would prefer to keep him than trade him for a 6th or 7th because he is so young and sometimes WRs take time to develop. Benn as the #5 WR isn't bad. A 5th round pick though would make me reconsider trading him.
: March 14, 2013, 05:56:35 PM Kodiak

Sailing2smth

Starter

#26 : March 14, 2013, 05:54:06 PM

I hope LB Black gets back to football shape/health and pwns on his next team.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 14, 2013, 05:55:34 PM

I won't say I love the signing but it's not like he's coming in to start. He's coming in to compete for the slot/#3 WR spot. He had his best year last year. I doubt we paid a ton for him and it adds depth and competition and after Williams and Jackson we were kind of weak at WR. It's a decent signing...nothing to jump and shout about but it's not like we signed Larry Brackins.

How dare you talk about the legend Brackins in that way! Lol

I agree.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 14, 2013, 05:57:02 PM

I saw him flash some nice games. Then he just vanishes because the team was loaded.

He doesn't suck. Jmo. He will be cheap, he has flashed some moments, just think he is a solid depth add.

Yea he had a big game vs the Giants last year. If he can play like that for us I guess it's an upgrade to Underwood.

MasterC25

Starter
#29 : March 14, 2013, 05:57:29 PM

Witten, Austin, and Bryant had a lot to do with that. As did Murray.

So your expecting anything different with Jackson, Williams and Doug martin????
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Released Quincy Black / signed Kevin Ogletree « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools