Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Released Quincy Black / signed Kevin Ogletree « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 14, 2013, 05:57:43 PM

Ogletree pushes Underwood and Benn down to the 4th and 5th WR. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs now trade Benn for a 5th-7th round pick.

Dom Dom is amazing in what he can get for these guys with little value. He'll have changed a 2nd and 5th into a 5th to 7th rounder. There aren't a ton of GMs who can do this consistently.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#31 : March 14, 2013, 05:58:15 PM

I saw him flash some nice games. Then he just vanishes because the team was loaded.

He doesn't suck. Jmo. He will be cheap, he has flashed some moments, just think he is a solid depth add.

Benn also flashed some games.  Underwood, too!

But you have a good point, what does he add that Underwood and Benn don't have?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 14, 2013, 05:58:33 PM

Ogletree pushes Underwood and Benn down to the 4th and 5th WR. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs now trade Benn for a 5th-7th round pick.

lol randy moss went for a fourth a few years ago and we are gunna get a 5th for benn? lmao. we wouldnt get a 7th for him.

Well...now you're making me feel bad about things.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 14, 2013, 05:59:49 PM

how much room does this add to the cap?

QB's cap # 5.5 million

There will likely be an injury settlement which will cut that down by a bit over $1mil

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 14, 2013, 06:06:34 PM

I saw him flash some nice games. Then he just vanishes because the team was loaded.

He doesn't suck. Jmo. He will be cheap, he has flashed some moments, just think he is a solid depth add.

Benn is injury prone and can't figure out a playbook. He is a terrible returner. Injuries have robbed him.

Underwood can't run routes, thus he can't figure out a playbook either. And Trees one good game he was dominating. I think Ogletree can play gunner on STs as well.

Ogletree is better than both. Ogletree is caught up in a sea of talent. No wonder he vanished.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 14, 2013, 06:09:14 PM

Ogletree would have put up much better numbers but the referrees try to sabotage him...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 14, 2013, 06:10:20 PM

Love the signing. It adds depth to the WR spot. He can play gunner as well, I believe.

He had that great game against the Giants...remember that?  If he can give us one of those games a year, it will be worth the sign. He can go about being a three catches for 35 yards guy the rest of the year. But he may have a bigger role, as Freeman likes to target slot receivers.
Honestly?  4 years of nothing and you love the signing - praytell what am I missing?  This is Kevin Ogletree who had 57 receptions over 4 years....

I won't say I love the signing but it's not like he's coming in to start. He's coming in to compete for the slot/#3 WR spot. He had his best year last year. I doubt we paid a ton for him and it adds depth and competition and after Williams and Jackson we were kind of weak at WR. It's a decent signing...nothing to jump and shout about but it's not like we signed Larry Brackins.
Given all of Ogletree's accomplishments it is not much different than signing Larry Brackins.  Hope it works out.  How are things going in getting a couple of CBs signed?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

pljlsplltt

Second String

#37 : March 14, 2013, 06:12:42 PM

It's not so much what does he have that Underwood and Benn does, it just brings competition. The more people you have the better odds of one of them stepping up and making some plays.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 14, 2013, 06:14:34 PM

It's not so much what does he have that Underwood and Benn does, it just brings competition. The more people you have the better odds of one of them stepping up and making some plays.
seeking a bright side, good for you.  Hope in a few days I will do the same... because it appears we will be looking for the CBs most had hoped to sign.  damnittohell

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 14, 2013, 06:16:12 PM

I agree about signing a cornerback.

Sounds like Dom is dropping the ball in free agency again. He is Terrible in free agency.

Jackson and Nicks were no brainers. He handed them more cash than anyone else.

He just seems to not have a clue in free agency.

Sigh.

Will wait and see. Goldson is getting paid, so again, this is a no brainer.

I want to see him hand out decent contracts to decent players.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#40 : March 14, 2013, 06:26:50 PM

Benn is injury prone and can't figure out a playbook. He is a terrible returner. Injuries have robbed him.

Underwood can't run routes, thus he can't figure out a playbook either. And Trees one good game he was dominating. I think Ogletree can play gunner on STs as well.

Ogletree is better than both. Ogletree is caught up in a sea of talent. No wonder he vanished.

Interesting take.

Time will tell...????

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 14, 2013, 06:36:52 PM

I agree about signing a cornerback.

Sounds like Dom is dropping the ball in free agency again. He is Terrible in free agency.

Jackson and Nicks were no brainers. He handed them more cash than anyone else.

He just seems to not have a clue in free agency.

Sigh.

Will wait and see. Goldson is getting paid, so again, this is a no brainer.

I want to see him hand out decent contracts to decent players.

He handed Eric Wright a lucrative contract last season and got mediocre returns. Now, you want him to sign more mediocre CBs? I know you hate Wright but really, Smith, Cox, DRC aren't much better options. This whole "sign someone" movement as a solution to our secondary woes isn't as easy as everyone thinks it would be. He already signed the best DB in free agency. The second best (Grimes if healthy) might still be in play.....oh, and the Revis guy too. I'm glad he is taking his time. You guys have to be patient.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 14, 2013, 06:37:35 PM

Lol boid, You gonna say he's bad if he pills off Revis too?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 14, 2013, 06:41:23 PM

Revis isn't coming to Tampa. And these mid tier CBs are stellar in comparison to Wright.

RiotHeart

Starter

#44 : March 14, 2013, 06:42:12 PM

lol randy moss went for a fourth a few years ago and we are gunna get a 5th for benn? lmao. we wouldnt get a 7th for him.
Man, Harvin must be what, 100x better than Moss has ever been with that logic... Lets not forget Keyshawn.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Released Quincy Black / signed Kevin Ogletree « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools