Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Released Quincy Black / signed Kevin Ogletree « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#60 : March 14, 2013, 09:58:02 PM

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 14, 2013, 10:20:38 PM

This really is a case of overvaluing other people's trash/undervaluing our trash.

Benn has done more than Ogletree (and it's not like Benn has done that much, he didn't even play most of the year), yet people are welcoming Ogletree as if he's somehow above Benn.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#62 : March 15, 2013, 12:27:43 AM

This really is a case of overvaluing other people's trash/undervaluing our trash.

Benn has done more than Ogletree (and it's not like Benn has done that much, he didn't even play most of the year), yet people are welcoming Ogletree as if he's somehow above Benn.
I get what you are saying. Problem is, Benn was drafted in the early second round to Bolster the group, take the WR1 spot. He has not played well when healthy, he has not produced and was not a part of the gameplay as a result of having a "learning" disorder that prevents him from knowing his route tree. Jesus.

Ogletree excuse is Dez,Witten, Demarco, Witten, Miles, Witten. And then he was the option.

Ogletree has shown he can look the part, and do so in a nice fashion.

This is a good pickup for depth. He will run his routes unlike Benn the Bust, or Kid-n-Kwan. He has a suddeness to his game that Benn lacks.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 15, 2013, 12:48:49 AM

I get what you are saying. Problem is, Benn was drafted in the early second round to Bolster the group, take the WR1 spot. He has not played well when healthy, he has not produced and was not a part of the gameplay as a result of having a "learning" disorder that prevents him from knowing his route tree. Jesus.

Ogletree excuse is Dez,Witten, Demarco, Witten, Miles, Witten. And then he was the option.

Ogletree has shown he can look the part, and do so in a nice fashion.

This is a good pickup for depth. He will run his routes unlike Benn the Bust, or Kid-n-Kwan. He has a suddeness to his game that Benn lacks.

I hope that he turns out to be a good player, but I just don't see how anyone can make the argument that he's somehow better than Benn.

Having good players on your team means that you will have an easier time getting open. Laurent Robinson and Patrick Crayton also put up good production as slot receivers in the Dallas offense because of the surrounding talent, their production was not hurt because of surrounding talent. Not to mention that those guys aren't exactly elite players, yet they were ahead in the depth chart in previous years.

Benn will be traded/cut, so he's out of the picture, and Underwood is terrible at running routes/consistently catching, so Ogletree has a good chance to be #3. I would still have preferred someone like Domenik Hixon though who has experience in the system and is a good route runner with good hands.

gone

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 15, 2013, 12:58:38 AM

No gobux - you miss the part where our current CBs aren't too good.... or at best are good but can't make Schiano's defense work.  Recall last year's pass D - now - it will cause nightmares if you think about it after the sun falls...

Cooper was a big part of why they struggled so badly last year.  One vet CB and maybe something in the early middle rounds is all I think we are looking for.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 15, 2013, 01:05:19 AM

About 3 years late on cutting Black.

Benn busted years ago. Ogletree is an upgrade over Benn for sure.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ingey1968

Starter

#66 : March 15, 2013, 03:04:11 AM

is Ogletree the dude who made the Cowboys because he won M.Irvins reality show or something?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 15, 2013, 03:33:19 AM

"He'd be a lot more productive if he could focus."

"Hope he can figure out how to read and execute the playbook. Dude was constantly out of position on pre-snap, running wrong routes. It was horrible. He had a few good moments but far and few in between. Maybe he'll have better luck with a change of scenery."

"Dude isn't comitted enough in the classroom. and It shows."

"haaahaha your problem now, no give backs! "

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=517025

"I predict his tenure there will be shorter than Alvin Harper's was."

"Whatever the Buccaneer's paid, it was too much."

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/13187-kevin-ogletree/

Looks like Cowboys fans really dislike him. I doubt he's even going to stick on the roster if what they are saying is true.

Buc45

Starter

#68 : March 15, 2013, 03:38:31 AM

Remember what it was like watching these guys get bombed on last year?

Expect more of the same or similar results.

Dom and Greg love safeties and guards.

I disagree...The appreciate quality over quantity... The fact is that great corners and pass rushers RARELY hit the FA market.  That is why Dom is working on a Revis deal.  Dom has learned that over paying for mediorce talent (Ward, Clayton and Wright) will come back and bite you...When you have cap space, you need to sign quality players.   Goldson, Nicks and Jackson are all Pro Bowl players.  You might say they are no brainers...but Dom manipulating the cap so we can sign these guys (when other teams can't), shows he knows what he is doing.   To get bang for your buck at the corner or defensive end, you need to trade for them (like Jared Allen) or draft them...Just ask Atlanta when they overpaid for Ray Edwards...

I love the Goldson signing...you can't go wrong when adding a leader like that in his prime who is a pro bowl talent.  I think Dom is thinking pass rusher at #13 and so is playing hardball with the Revis deal.  We will get Revis eventually, and a pass rusher...another corner in the second or 3rd round...and all will be well.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Released Quincy Black / signed Kevin Ogletree « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools