Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY LETTING BENNETT GO « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 15, 2013, 02:23:38 AM

Incredibly stupid move. As a fan from day one, lord knows I've seen some real howlers, but this one ranks right near the top. Even assuming Bowers is ready to take the reins it makes no sense why they would deprive themselves of valuable depth. Incredibly f*ckin' stupid move.

pewtergirl2010

Second String

#16 : March 15, 2013, 03:07:16 AM

I think they must be targeting a pass rusher with that first pick.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 15, 2013, 03:44:01 AM

I think they must be targeting a pass rusher with that first pick.

I think they have plans either draft or fa. They were fine with letting bennett walk and it seemes like they expected as much. Talks have been quiet regarding any d-linemen and there some pretty good guys available that are just up there in age.

I think they will find a stop gap DE incase clayborn starts out on the pup or bowers doesnt stay healthy. I also think they will draft one, just not with a high pick. They have 3 top picks invested in de and dt. Miller should resign once he relizes theres not much of a market for him.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 15, 2013, 04:16:45 AM

I'll trust Dominik and Schiano on this one.

Money clearly wasn't an issue, so I'm sure there is something we as fans are missing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 15, 2013, 05:37:34 AM

Money clearly wasn't an issue, so I'm sure there is something we as fans are missing.
Seems to be the case...

I do agree that given the nature of this FA period, I think Dom has something cooking. Something we would NEVER expect.

Watch.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : March 15, 2013, 05:57:50 AM

The Buccaneers' pass rush just got worse by letting defensive end Michael Bennett, the team's leading sacker in 2012, go in free agency. Bennett signed a one-year, $5-million contract with Seattle, a rising power in the NFC and a potential Super Bowl contender.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8804

Backups are making $5 mil now? Geez.

bill_kir

Starter

#21 : March 15, 2013, 06:04:12 AM

this right here.

i have a feeling Doninik and Schiano have a little more information then people who watch games on sundays and spend their week on message boards. it's not like they were outbid for him, they just knew what he was worth in their eyes and let him walk.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 15, 2013, 07:26:31 AM

this right here.

i have a feeling Doninik and Schiano have a little more information then people who watch games on sundays and spend their week on message boards. it's not like they were outbid for him, they just knew what he was worth in their eyes and let him walk.

on the contrary side, I think money was much more of an issue in this case than we fans realize.  I'm still noodling on this one, but I think there is a lot more here than meets the "why didn't we pay him five million?" eye.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 15, 2013, 07:34:52 AM

Well....I'lllllllllll be. A PR article that reads, "Bucs made big mistake"...

Pinch me.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 15, 2013, 07:52:20 AM

Incredibly stupid move. As a fan from day one, lord knows I've seen some real howlers, but this one ranks right near the top. Even assuming Bowers is ready to take the reins it makes no sense why they would deprive themselves of valuable depth. Incredibly f*ckin' stupid move.

If you've been a fan from day 1 then you should know that Micheal Bennett ranks no where NEAR the top of our mistakes , lol.....seriously ? Micheal Bennett ?

There's not much doubt in my mind that Bowers can put up the same lackluster numbers as Bennett did if he starts 16 games. Plus I doubt the Bucs are done making acquisitions yet.
: March 15, 2013, 07:54:20 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 15, 2013, 08:12:05 AM

The Buccaneers' pass rush just got worse by letting defensive end Michael Bennett, the team's leading sacker in 2012, go in free agency. Bennett signed a one-year, $5-million contract with Seattle, a rising power in the NFC and a potential Super Bowl contender.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8804

No. They made about as much of a mistake letting Bennett go as New England did letting Welker go. If Bennett is so good why did he only get a one year deal lol@that.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 15, 2013, 08:12:22 AM

I don't see how it's the Bucs mistake...,.were we supposed to pay him the long term 10 million a year contract to split time on a team that can't make the playoffs?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 15, 2013, 08:16:47 AM

No. They made about as much of a mistake letting Bennett go as New England did letting Welker go. If Bennett is so good why did he only get a one year deal lol@that.

1 year deal to be Cliff Avril's backup.....LOL....yeah it's completely over for us. It's like losing Tom Brady.  ::)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 15, 2013, 08:17:50 AM

this right here.

It isn't a matter of them seeing something we didn't. He just wasn't very good. His last sack came in week 14. He went three straight games without getting a single sack. The guy disappeared on a regular basis. He is a career backup. Our lineman have just been so sh*tty lately, he looked like the second coming of simeon rice.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 15, 2013, 08:27:07 AM

It isn't a matter of them seeing something we didn't. He just wasn't very good. His last sack came in week 14. He went three straight games without getting a single sack. The guy disappeared on a regular basis. He is a career backup. Our lineman have just been so sh*tty lately, he looked like the second coming of simeon rice.

We all know he wasn't very good - well I think everyone knew that. He wasn't a quick twitch/fast pressure player guy. He was an effective DE even if he'd never see 9 sacks per year again. The thing is you need 3 DE's that play and DTN sucks rocks so anyone who thinks he is quality depth is insane. He was relatively cheap. Heck, sign him 2 years $11m by the time that deal is up you might/hopefully are giving big money to Bowers or (LOL) Clayborn. No one is mad he's gone, people are mad he's gone at the price he left for.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY LETTING BENNETT GO « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools