Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY LETTING BENNETT GO « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#210 : March 25, 2013, 07:52:14 AM

He believed the PFF idiots who said he had a value of $10 million a year .We told him to go kick rocks . He eventually settled for much less when he realized no one wanted him . He wasn't going to sign that same deal with us , however , because...well , we told him to go kick rocks after his 1st offer , lol.  He said himself that he felt "no love".

That's really the end of the story.  How well Bowers plays will determine if anyone even remembers Bennett , or if another straw is added on to Dummynik's already close to breaking back.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

El Diablo

Starter

#211 : March 25, 2013, 08:00:23 AM

Rotator cuff tears are no joke, there is no way Bennett will be ready by the opener....and I say he isn't right the entire season.  It takes a good year for the shoulder to heal properly from that. 

We suspect Bennett could still be ready for Week 1.

Maybe all the armchair quarterbacks will realize that Dom probably has more information than they do when it comes to decisions like this.

So cutting a player who could provide solid depth for you for years is smart football because he suffered an injury that could very well heal by the start of the season? Kinda sounds like idiotic, short-sightedness to me. But oh well...

A shoulder injury for a de is like a foot injury for a rb. I tore mine wrestling and it is a serious and nagging injury. Ask simeon rice... It's what ended his career and if healthy he would have played a few more years and probably put him in the hof.
: March 25, 2013, 08:02:12 AM El Diablo

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#212 : March 25, 2013, 08:40:13 AM

I cant remember a Free agent that left here any was successful since warrick dunn.. I could be wrong.. but not coming to mind

Lorenzo Neal

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#213 : March 25, 2013, 09:08:16 AM

I cant remember a Free agent that left here any was successful since warrick dunn.. I could be wrong.. but not coming to mind

Lorenzo Neal
Also throw in John Lynch, he was a FA once we released him and he made the Pro Bowl all 4 seasons he was in Denver.
How about Thomas Jones and his years with the Bears & Jets.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#214 : March 25, 2013, 09:10:23 AM

So resigning Bennett to a one year $5M deal with a shoulder injury would be incredibly stupid, but signing Revis to a long term $15M/year deal with an ACL injury would be brilliant?

Hmmm...k.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#215 : March 25, 2013, 09:15:42 AM

So resigning Bennett to a one year $5M deal with a shoulder injury would be incredibly stupid, but signing Revis to a long term $15M/year deal with an ACL injury would be brilliant?

Hmmm...k.
"But when I look at them on Madden Revis is rated as 98 while Bennett is only a73."

I love how people point to Peterson like he's the norm when it comes to Revis injury but they now use this as an excuse for Bennett even though Brees had the same injury years ago and came back to be one of the "elite QBs" of the league.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#216 : March 25, 2013, 09:27:33 AM

How well Bowers plays will determine if anyone even remembers Bennett , or if another straw is added on to Dummynik's already close to breaking back.

Why are there still simpletons out there bringing up Bowers starting as a reason to not re-sign Bennett?  Bennett signed to be a back-up in Seattle and Tampa needs a legit 3rd DE for if/when injuries happen.

A shoulder injury for a de is like a foot injury for a rb. I tore mine wrestling and it is a serious and nagging injury. Ask simeon rice... It's what ended his career and if healthy he would have played a few more years and probably put him in the hof.

Bennett played with the injury for half of the year, and was the most productive DE the Bucs have had since 2005.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#217 : March 25, 2013, 09:37:11 AM

Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers made a nice rotation.....now we have no rotation. We don't even know if Clayborn will be 100% or if Bowers can stays healthy for an entire season. That is scary. That is why Bennett had value. What's done is done, but now we need another solid DE for our rotation. Since Clayborn and Bowers both have injury issues and very little pro experience, I hope we sign a solid veteran DE....but so far we have shown zero interest in anyone.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#218 : March 25, 2013, 09:55:39 AM

Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers made a nice rotation.....now we have no rotation. We don't even know if Clayborn will be 100% or if Bowers can stays healthy for an entire season. That is scary. That is why Bennett had value. What's done is done, but now we need another solid DE for our rotation. Since Clayborn and Bowers both have injury issues and very little pro experience, I hope we sign a solid veteran DE....but so far we have shown zero interest in anyone.

I find that mind boggling.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#219 : March 25, 2013, 10:02:56 AM

Like I said earlier in the thread.....
It's "articles" like this that I get a chuckle out of.  There's a reason PR can only charge $5 a year to try to get people to pay to read this junk.  We're barely into FA and still have the draft.  I can't wait to bump this at the end of next season when we have more sacks than we had last year.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#220 : March 25, 2013, 10:06:44 AM

What doesn't make any sense with this story is why are we just know hearing about this injury? If the Bucs knew of the injury and didn't list Bennett on the weekly injury report, isn't that a violation of league policy?

The Bucs season ended the 1st week of January. If Bennett had this injury then why didn't he have surgery immediately after the season was over? Guess I'm missing something in this whole story.

El Diablo

Starter

#221 : March 25, 2013, 10:13:55 AM

How well Bowers plays will determine if anyone even remembers Bennett , or if another straw is added on to Dummynik's already close to breaking back.

Why are there still simpletons out there bringing up Bowers starting as a reason to not re-sign Bennett?  Bennett signed to be a back-up in Seattle and Tampa needs a legit 3rd DE for if/when injuries happen.

A shoulder injury for a de is like a foot injury for a rb. I tore mine wrestling and it is a serious and nagging injury. Ask simeon rice... It's what ended his career
and if healthy he would have played a few more years and probably put him in the hof.

Bennett played with the injury for half of the year, and was the most productive DE the Bucs have had since 2005.

Yeah he did play pretty well but what does that have anything to do with it. that injury requires surgery and about a year to get back from. Not to mention once  its healed it is an injury that is more likely to recur than others. I could care less if he played with it other than it showing me he is one tough dude.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#222 : March 25, 2013, 10:26:54 AM

I find that mind boggling.

The fact that we got massive production from 2 rookies last year was extremely rare. I genuinely hope they aren't banking on getting that sort of production out of 2 fresh rookies thrown into very important roles. Could lead to another year around .500, especially with a much tougher schedule on deck this coming year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#223 : January 11, 2014, 09:11:22 PM

Like I said earlier in the thread.....
It's "articles" like this that I get a chuckle out of.  There's a reason PR can only charge $5 a year to try to get people to pay to read this junk.  We're barely into FA and still have the draft.  I can't wait to bump this at the end of next season when we have more sacks than we had last year.

I'll save you the trouble.

Clayborn/Bowers/DTN totaled 8 sacks in 1028 pass rush snaps, or 1 sack every 128.5 snaps
Michael Bennett  totaled 8.5 sacks in 412 pass rush snaps, or 1 sack every 48.5 snaps

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#224 : January 11, 2014, 09:14:27 PM

Incredibly stupid move. As a fan from day one, lord knows I've seen some real howlers, but this one ranks right near the top. Even assuming Bowers is ready to take the reins it makes no sense why they would deprive themselves of valuable depth. Incredibly f*ckin' stupid move.

If you've been a fan from day 1 then you should know that Micheal Bennett ranks no where NEAR the top of our mistakes , lol.....seriously ? Micheal Bennett ?

There's not much doubt in my mind that Bowers can put up the same lackluster numbers as Bennett did if he starts 16 games.

There's not much doubt in my mind you will never just admit you were dead wrong. Lol.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY LETTING BENNETT GO « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools