Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY LETTING BENNETT GO « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 15, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

No Dalbuc , there are clearly people on this board who think he was awesome,  lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 15, 2013, 08:41:20 AM

Agreed. And the author being one of them.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 15, 2013, 08:44:02 AM

It isn't a matter of them seeing something we didn't. He just wasn't very good. His last sack came in week 14. He went three straight games without getting a single sack. The guy disappeared on a regular basis. He is a career backup. Our lineman have just been so sh*tty lately, he looked like the second coming of simeon rice.

We all know he wasn't very good - well I think everyone knew that. He wasn't a quick twitch/fast pressure player guy. He was an effective DE even if he'd never see 9 sacks per year again. The thing is you need 3 DE's that play and DTN sucks rocks so anyone who thinks he is quality depth is insane. He was relatively cheap. Heck, sign him 2 years $11m by the time that deal is up you might/hopefully are giving big money to Bowers or (LOL) Clayborn. No one is mad he's gone, people are mad he's gone at the price he left for.

And the apparent lack of concern for building depth on the line. If you listen to some on this board when comes to DL depth the Seahawks and Giants have it all wrong.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 15, 2013, 08:51:00 AM

No Dalbuc , there are clearly people on this board who think he was awesome,  lol.

I haven't seen anyone on the board say that they think he's awesome, that's something you're seeing in your mind, again, just the like the imaginary 16 game healthy season for Bowers you've conjured up.
: March 15, 2013, 08:52:40 AM Durango 95

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 15, 2013, 09:26:57 AM

Bennett is a decent enough but never-gonna-be-great player, and Dominik has stated after the season during a chat that Bowers was slated to start this coming season.
    I have to wonder if Bennett's agent gave the Bucs a chance to match Seattle; I doubt it...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 15, 2013, 10:06:44 AM

Bennett is a decent enough but never-gonna-be-great player, and Dominik has stated after the season during a chat that Bowers was slated to start this coming season.
    I have to wonder if Bennett's agent gave the Bucs a chance to match Seattle; I doubt it...

Said this on the insider board, Bennett is obviously not opposed to being a part time player. He's gonna be a rotational guy in SEA with Irvin and Avril and likely will draw the less juicy role of run down DE and inside nickle rusher. You are telling me we couldn't have plugged him into that same role here? You think back to guys like Tyoka Jackson. Ever a great player? No. Useful inside/outside man with some pass rush ability. Yes. A guy that if you had to start him you'd not panic. Yes. That is what Bennett is/was/could have been.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 15, 2013, 10:16:51 AM

The last time a Buccaneer DE had 9 sacks?  The 2005 season.

Replacing Bennett won't be as easy as some think.  We're hoping Clayborn and Bowers can do that, while a guy who did signed for a measly $5M.

kbl117

Starter

#37 : March 15, 2013, 10:43:34 AM

Ill reserve judgement until after I see Bowers and Clayborn this season. If they wind up injured again, then I'll agree. Still lots of time before the season starts.

Nonsense, you need more than 2 (potentially) good DEs, especially with our abysmal pass rush and the problems it causes for the rest of our defense year in and year out.

If we don't bring in another viable option at DE in free agency or the draft, then letting Bennett leave the way we I'd is an epic FAIL. No need to wait to see if clayborn or bowers get hurt to make that call

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 15, 2013, 10:49:52 AM

I woke up and saw this and I am in disbelief. I have no idea what this team is doing to be honest

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 15, 2013, 10:50:33 AM

Ill reserve judgement until after I see Bowers and Clayborn this season. If they wind up injured again, then I'll agree. Still lots of time before the season starts.

Nonsense, you need more than 2 (potentially) good DEs, especially with our abysmal pass rush and the problems it causes for the rest of our defense year in and year out.

If we don't bring in another viable option at DE in free agency or the draft, then letting Bennett leave the way we I'd is an epic FAIL. No need to wait to see if clayborn or bowers get hurt to make that call

Agree completely

This guy...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 15, 2013, 11:45:18 AM

I live these **CENSORED**ybag types that say posters are crying over the loss of a mega stud when nobody is doing that.

We did lose a nice part of the rotation, and have not inked anyone to replace him, we have another coming off a bad knee (Clayborn), and another might be going to the grey bar motel, and he is unproven and injury issued as well. Oh yeah, he was second in the NFL in TFL, had 9 sacks (leading the team that is loaded with earlier round talent), and left for two old jock straps and some Canadian change. Bullspidt. Stupid.

Yeah...no need to be upset as fans over this move. Real genius posters. The usual dumbarse suspects, too. Smh.
: March 15, 2013, 11:47:12 AM Boid Fink

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 15, 2013, 11:49:08 AM

The Giants did get great D-Line performances during their Superbowl Runs, but in both runs it was individual players on the Line who really took their games to the next level. Obviously in 11' it was JPP, but in '07 it was Justin Tuck who really stepped up is his game. I like Michael Bennett, and I wish him the best, but the names you threw it out in Strahan, Umenyiora,  and Tuck (has Kiwanuka ever really been that good?) are athletically on a different level than Bennett can fairly hope to reach. There is no way you can fault anything Bennett did here in the last 3 years, but at the same time if your goal is to stack your D-Line with as many beasts as you can get, guys like Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck, or JPP is not paying Bennett $5 million a year to stay really a mistake?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 15, 2013, 11:52:33 AM

Should have gave him a one year prove it deal...again...for 5 million and a dollar.

wilkes

Rookie
#43 : March 15, 2013, 11:56:28 AM

Boid, maybe that and a free car wash would have sealed the deal

acacius

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 15, 2013, 11:58:04 AM

On the plus side, I can now embrace my inner Florida State homer and root for the team to draft Werner.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY LETTING BENNETT GO « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools