Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the Eric Wright Grievance holding up the Revis Trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#15 : March 15, 2013, 02:54:56 PM

Tom Krasniqi‏@TKras
BREAKING: Source tells me the #Bucs won their grievance against Eric Wright

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 15, 2013, 02:55:46 PM

So now the fun begins.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

jlr0714

Starter
#17 : March 15, 2013, 03:02:51 PM

#2 in 2013, #4 in 2014 and Eric Wright at a more manageable contract to the Jets for Revis.  Then either Grimes or draft a CB.   I could live with that.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 15, 2013, 03:14:16 PM

#2 in 2013, #4 in 2014 and Eric Wright at a more manageable contract to the Jets for Revis.  Then either Grimes or draft a CB.   I could live with that.

Amen brother.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 15, 2013, 03:15:53 PM

Tom Krasniqi‏@TKras

Make him restructure and then keep him.

It doesn't make any sense to cut him right now.

He is by the far the best CB on the roster.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 15, 2013, 03:19:26 PM

Tom Krasniqi‏@TKras

Sorry but that bridge has been burned. Wright had all off season to challenge the Bucs. He waited until right before Free Agency opened. He's either cut or traded IMO.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 15, 2013, 03:20:03 PM

Tom Krasniqi‏@TKras

The shiniest turd is still a turd.. We could do better.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 15, 2013, 03:21:22 PM

Yes we could, but we haven't upgraded at all.

If Tampa cut Eric Wright today, they would be a worse team.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 15, 2013, 03:25:36 PM

Yes we could, but we haven't upgraded at all.

If Tampa cut Eric Wright today, they would be a worse team.

Yea but do you think they will want his disgruntled ass around the team?  He basically challenged management publicly and lost.. Would be hard to go back to work after that one. Sure it can be done, but E Wrightous doesn't seem to be that kind of professional.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 15, 2013, 03:28:16 PM

Hmmmm - what kind of settlement?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151144/article/eric-wrights-grievance-over-contract-denied-by-arbitrator

A grievance filed by Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Eric Wright to challenge the voiding of his contract guarantee for 2013 has been denied, according to a ruling obtained by NFL Network and NFL.com. Shyam Das was the arbitrator in the ruling, which was issued on Tuesday.

The Buccaneers won the ruling, which means they no longer have to pay Wright the $7.75 million guaranteed in his contract for 2013. They also have no obligation to make a decision any time soon, meaning they could let the issue linger until the start of training camp.

Wright was suspended four games during the 2012 season for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy. The Bucs believed that because he "failed to practice and play," his skill, injury, and salary-cap guarantees for 2013 have been rendered "null and void." Wright and the NFL Players Association contend that no provision in Wright's contract permits that, saying that only the policy prevented him from practicing. The contract did contain some wiggle room, but the ruling stated "the clause in issue is broadly worded" enough to lead to the ruling.

The two sides attempted to reach a settlement, but could not come to a decision. In the end, the Bucs' stance was upheld

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 15, 2013, 03:29:27 PM

Who knows. Maybe they can have him restructure to a team-friendly incentive laden deal. Until we sign a replacement, it makes zero sense to cut this guy.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 15, 2013, 03:33:05 PM

I think it confirms that they will in face try to get him back with a deal...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 15, 2013, 03:35:03 PM

Resign him to a one year deal on the cheap and send him to Jets as soon as the ink dries.

Could happen

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 15, 2013, 03:40:08 PM

Why would he sign with us then get traded.  If we void, he's a free agent.  Then he can sign anywhere he wants.  WTF?

The Jets are getting a number one for Revis. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 15, 2013, 03:42:01 PM

what are the caps on both players. some reason I thought Wright's was actually higher for this year.

Not sure about Revis. Wright's is 7.75 million unless the Bucs win their Grievance. then the Bucs are on the hook for only 2.25 million.

where are you getting the 2.25 from? Under the original deal, Wright's salary in 2013 was guaranteed at $7.75 mil. If the guarantee goes away and he plays anywhere his cap hit is still $7.75 mil. If he's cut, it's zero.

SR wrote in one of his article about Wright that the Bucs would save 5.5 million in cap space. It's his guaranteed money that is in question I think.

Either you misread or he miswrote. Wright's cap # for 2013 is $7.75 at the moment. If he's cut it's zero.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the Eric Wright Grievance holding up the Revis Trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools