Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roy Miller signs with Jags. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 15, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

Miller is nothing special other than a run stuffer.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 15, 2013, 05:36:42 PM

He is a 4-3 nose tackle....that is his job!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 15, 2013, 05:36:44 PM

don't like this one, miller was playing with his heart! we lost a good guy

last season was a desaster after OL and DL fell apart with injuries, I am afraid that might repeat 2013

Yeah that's why I don't like this or the Bennett move. Those guys were mid to late round picks that didn't really have high expectations, and they weren't really good earlier on in their careers. They both worked hard and improved, and were at least solid starters. That's something that should be rewarded.

It's not as if they would cost too much, and the defensive line rotates enough/gets injured enough for backups to actually be worth starter money.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 15, 2013, 05:37:52 PM

He is a 4-3 nose tackle....that is his job!

And he was damn good at it and we knew what we were going to get out of him. Run defense is now a concern imo.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#34 : March 15, 2013, 05:40:15 PM

Yeah I don't get this move either. He was solid, and seemed like a good, all around "team first" kind of guy.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 15, 2013, 05:40:41 PM

Before last year, this whole board hated Miller as much as Myron Lewis.  Now he is gone and people are panicking.  It seems to me that Schiano wants to get bigger on the DL and Bennett and Miller weren't the ideal fits.   We have to wait to see who we add in FA and the draft but the Bucs made the decision to move on from both players way before FA started. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 15, 2013, 05:41:18 PM

In Schiano's defense the Nose plays tilted. It makes any average NT look good. I'm not worried about losing him cause he was great or anything. It just bothers me to see solid, hard working, good character guys leave for cheap short term deals elsewhere.....when we have no replacements. We have no depth and many holes in our starting line up....but all we've done is make things worse. Can't fix it all thru the draft. We spent big money on older FAs. We have to be in WIN NOW mode....so I really just don't get this free agency period at all. Makes zero sense to me.

hopesman

Rookie
#37 : March 15, 2013, 05:41:37 PM

What about re-signing the home-grown talent?

Roy wasn't talented!

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 15, 2013, 05:43:04 PM

Look!!

Up on the Message Board !!!

It's a bird!

It's a Plane!

It's.....

HOMER MAN !!!!

Making excuses for GMs, Coaches, and the Buccaneer Way !!!

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 15, 2013, 05:43:26 PM

Before last year, this whole board hated Miller as much as Myron Lewis.  Now he is gone and people are panicking.  It seems to me that Schiano wants to get bigger on the DL and Bennett and Miller weren't the ideal fits.   We have to wait to see who we add in FA and the draft but the Bucs made the decision to move on from both players way before FA started.

The defense Schiano runs is one gap get the **CENSORED** upfield and Bennett and Miller were a huge reason for the team's #1 rush defense. I don't know how much Miller got, but for what Bennett was paid, there is no excuse for the Bucs just letting their only proven/most versatile defensive end walk.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 15, 2013, 05:46:04 PM

Are they seriously wanting to fill all the holes through the draft?  :o

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 15, 2013, 05:48:00 PM

The defense Schiano runs is one gap get the **CENSORED** upfield and Bennett and Miller were a huge reason for the team's #1 rush defense. I don't know how much Miller got, but for what Bennett was paid, there is no excuse for the Bucs just letting their only proven/most versatile defensive end walk.

I agree with you that Miller and Bennett helped the Bucs get the #1 rush defense but they also contributed to the #32 pass defense.  As for their being no excuse to let them go, I am pretty sure the Bucs still plan on playing 11 guys on defense, not 9.  Lets see who they bring in to replace them being declaring this unexcusable

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 15, 2013, 05:53:06 PM

I agree with you that Miller and Bennett helped the Bucs get the #1 rush defense but they also contributed to the #32 pass defense. 

Do you realize that the NTs and LDEs main job is run stuffing? I mean, for a LDE to do a great job at stuffing the run AND get 9 sacks....well that is a pretty good season. And as far as Miller, 4-3 NTs average 2 sacks a year. Blaming the lack of pressure on them is ignorant.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#43 : March 15, 2013, 06:00:27 PM

Hopefully Dom learned his lesson with overpaying "homegrown talent" with the Clayton and Q Black contracts. He no longer seems willing to overpay our guys..

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 15, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

I agree with you that Miller and Bennett helped the Bucs get the #1 rush defense but they also contributed to the #32 pass defense. 

Do you realize that the NTs and LDEs main job is run stuffing? I mean, for a LDE to do a great job at stuffing the run AND get 9 sacks....well that is a pretty good season. And as far as Miller, 4-3 NTs average 2 sacks a year. Blaming the lack of pressure on them is ignorant.

I blame a lot of the lack of pressure on playing calling. Too much blitzing off the edge and stunts upfront. Why not let the boys hunt? They were all high draft picks so let them get off the ball and rush 4.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roy Miller signs with Jags. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools