Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright vs. the Bucs: ...How it all unfolded « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 19, 2013, 09:28:29 PM

Meh, flame at me all you want but I think wright is a better corner than what we have at the moment. Did he play better? Not at all, he was awful but if he can get his **CENSORED** together he has the potential to be a decent number 2... I just think he played worse than his abilities and he's wayyyy overpaid

That is the tallest midget argument though.  If they add Revis, draft Milliner or Rhodes or Banks or whoever.  Suddenly Eric is way down the depth chart.  You want to keep Eric and have to release a guy like Leonard?  There are only so many roster spots.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 20, 2013, 09:21:52 AM

Wright was awful and he gets paid way too much....if you have to ability to get rid of a crappy player like that and you cone out Scott-free in the end...you gotta do it.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 20, 2013, 09:51:56 AM

Meh, flame at me all you want but I think wright is a better corner than what we have at the moment. Did he play better? Not at all, he was awful but if he can get his **CENSORED** together he has the potential to be a decent number 2... I just think he played worse than his abilities and he's wayyyy overpaid

Yeah, I agree about Wright. I think the opinions of his play have been colored by how much he makes, him getting suspended and being generally unlikable. I don't care if he's a Buc or not next year, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 20, 2013, 01:00:00 PM

Yeah, I agree about Wright. I think the opinions of his play have been colored by how much he makes, him getting suspended and being generally unlikable. I don't care if he's a Buc or not next year, though.

So he is going to come out in 2013 season, and be an All Pro?   I don't see it, he never was that great, even early on with the Browns and then the Lions. He was supposed to be a first round talent but fell to the second round because of off field troubles.   He sure doesn't play like a first round talent..  He will be 28 next season, so I would have to think his best football is behind him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 20, 2013, 01:07:26 PM

Probably not, but neither will most players on most teams. That doesn't mean they're not worth having. That said, I'm not even saying the Bucs should keep him. I have little patience for players that get suspended. You need to be someone the team can rely on. I do feel like he is a better player than he credits for on this forum, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 20, 2013, 01:39:06 PM

Probably not, but neither will most players on most teams. That doesn't mean they're not worth having. That said, I'm not even saying the Bucs should keep him. I have little patience for players that get suspended. You need to be someone the team can rely on. I do feel like he is a better player than he credits for on this forum, though.

I would much rather roll with a rook.  Sure there will be growing pains, but one of the rook CB's in the draft has more upside than Eric.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 20, 2013, 05:20:34 PM

Wright was awful and he gets paid way too much....if you have to ability to get rid of a crappy player like that and you cone out Scott-free in the end...you gotta do it.

Besides the fact that this guy is going to be one unhappy guy to have around. F him... say goodbye

swamp_bats

Starter
#22 : March 20, 2013, 05:27:33 PM

VEry easy way to end the Eric Wright story. Get him to restructure deal, then trade his sorry arse for 7th round pick. PROFIT. There is a few teams that would trade for Wright if his deal was lower, hell add him as part of the Revis deal. Or just trade him to the Jets anyways for some of those hot dogs Sanchez likes to eat during games. He would be a great Jet.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 20, 2013, 06:32:29 PM

How it all unfolded....

Wright got a huge contract.

Wright popped some pills.

Wright got caught.

Wright lost money for being a dumbass.

It really is that simple. Who needs all the legal mumbo jumbo? Wright's stupidity allows Dominik to undo a turrrrible mistake which is great for the team!

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 20, 2013, 09:31:09 PM

VEry easy way to end the Eric Wright story. Get him to restructure deal, then trade his sorry arse for 7th round pick. PROFIT. There is a few teams that would trade for Wright if his deal was lower, hell add him as part of the Revis deal. Or just trade him to the Jets anyways for some of those hot dogs Sanchez likes to eat during games. He would be a great Jet.

That is a great idea, but I really don't see his trade value. Everyone knows there is a pretty good chance he gets his walking papers. So why waste even a 7th rounder on him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright vs. the Bucs: ...How it all unfolded « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools