Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remaining Free Agents and Other Free Agency Gibberish « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 18, 2013, 12:59:02 PM

Unless we trade up..in the 1st round we will be looking at only Ansah and Rhodes as viable options at the DE and CB positions with our selection. Which one will come in and have better immediate and long term impact?...Toss up.

I will say though, that I doubt we use our 1st rounder on a DE since we do have 2 DE starters in place and since we have 2-3 other holes on the D that could be addressed. If not much changed in terms of FA acquisitions, I would bet that if we stay at #13, the Bucs would take a CB or NT.

Unlikely Ansah is there, possible that Rhodes is if Miami doesn't take him. Saw a mock today with Dion Jordan which would be great but doubtful again, so it's more like Trufant or Werner for CB and DE that are going to be there, which I would go with Trufant if trading down isn't possible.

I agree that it's possible Ansah could be selected before #13, but, IMO all three of Jordan, Ansah and Werner could possibly go before #13. I think you could pretty much pin it down to about 1 of about 6 guys that we will walk away with if we stay at #13.

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 18, 2013, 01:02:26 PM

Not necessarily, this draft is loaded with good corners and pass rushers so that will push veterans out of the door for some teams. We could hit on rookies and veterans at the same time if we swing and miss on Revis. Thats not a sound strategy but it happens every year. There really isn't any cream in the crop that's availible right now at corner but we could make some moves on the Dline right now with alot of good availible players.
From where I stand the pass rushers this year look like crap.

Dumervil, Freeney, Abraham are available.. Even though we are waiting for this Revis trade, we are still be the team swinging the biggest stick when it comes to cash. I just wish Dom could a gentleman's agreement with Revis' agent on a final number that works for both sides and sign other players while we wait accordingly.

You made it sound like you were speaking exclusively about the draft...which is I think what FRG was referring to. If you are talking about FA as well, then there are still quality CBs that are available and would be solid #2 CBs and would help to solidify our defensive backfield.

Nnamdi, Grimes, Winfield, Porter, Jammer, Sheldon Brown, and D Hall. There isn't much left after that...but all of those guys are much better than anyone on the roster. God, I hope we at least get one of them.

I was referring to free agency. Those players would be upgrades to what we have now but which one of those guys fit the mold of the kind of players they want here. Grimes, Winfield and Jammer maybe, but they will be available later I think. I think this patience will pay off because the only way we don't improve our secondary this year is if we do nothing at all, and by reports that's obviously not the case.

If they wait around long enough, they will just have to rely on a few more rooks. which I would be willing to bet that they would be fine with that. I could see Nnamdi having a positive impact in our system.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 18, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

Not necessarily, this draft is loaded with good corners and pass rushers so that will push veterans out of the door for some teams. We could hit on rookies and veterans at the same time if we swing and miss on Revis. Thats not a sound strategy but it happens every year. There really isn't any cream in the crop that's availible right now at corner but we could make some moves on the Dline right now with alot of good availible players.
From where I stand the pass rushers this year look like crap.

Dumervil, Freeney, Abraham are available.. Even though we are waiting for this Revis trade, we are still be the team swinging the biggest stick when it comes to cash. I just wish Dom could a gentleman's agreement with Revis' agent on a final number that works for both sides and sign other players while we wait accordingly.

You made it sound like you were speaking exclusively about the draft...which is I think what FRG was referring to. If you are talking about FA as well, then there are still quality CBs that are available and would be solid #2 CBs and would help to solidify our defensive backfield.

Nnamdi, Grimes, Winfield, Porter, Jammer, Sheldon Brown, and D Hall. There isn't much left after that...but all of those guys are much better than anyone on the roster. God, I hope we at least get one of them.

I was referring to free agency. Those players would be upgrades to what we have now but which one of those guys fit the mold of the kind of players they want here. Grimes, Winfield and Jammer maybe, but they will be available later I think. I think this patience will pay off because the only way we don't improve our secondary this year is if we do nothing at all, and by reports that's obviously not the case.

If they wait around long enough, they will just have to rely on a few more rooks. which I would be willing to bet that they would be fine with that. I could see Nnamdi having a positive impact in our system.

If he went back to his old ways then he would have a great impact in our system but... Wasn't there reports about how his mind was in to football anymore? If that's true then he's definitely not a Schiano guy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 18, 2013, 11:03:21 PM

Unless we trade up..in the 1st round we will be looking at only Ansah and Rhodes as viable options at the DE and CB positions with our selection. Which one will come in and have better immediate and long term impact?...Toss up.

I will say though, that I doubt we use our 1st rounder on a DE since we do have 2 DE starters in place and since we have 2-3 other holes on the D that could be addressed. If not much changed in terms of FA acquisitions, I would bet that if we stay at #13, the Bucs would take a CB or NT.

Unlikely Ansah is there, possible that Rhodes is if Miami doesn't take him. Saw a mock today with Dion Jordan which would be great but doubtful again, so it's more like Trufant or Werner for CB and DE that are going to be there, which I would go with Trufant if trading down isn't possible.

I agree that it's possible Ansah could be selected before #13, but, IMO all three of Jordan, Ansah and Werner could possibly go before #13. I think you could pretty much pin it down to about 1 of about 6 guys that we will walk away with if we stay at #13.

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

Trade up for Milliner.  With or without Revis on board.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 18, 2013, 11:12:04 PM

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

What is the plan for the #2CB?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 18, 2013, 11:14:43 PM

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

Draft Logan Ryan... Cheap, Schiano guy and he worked out with Revis so they say.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 18, 2013, 11:16:13 PM

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

Draft Logan Ryan... Cheap, Schiano guy and he worked out with Revis so they say.

Hope we see some pass rush to help out the rooks.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 18, 2013, 11:19:25 PM

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

Well...if we have Revis, Milliner fills that spot.    If no Revis, move up for Milliner, then draft another CB later, like Amerson, Banks, Will Davis, Poyer, or maybe Slay.  I am assuming Rhodes and Trufant would be gone.  I am not crazy about the rest of the free agent CB's left on the market.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 18, 2013, 11:30:25 PM

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

Well...if we have Revis, Milliner fills that spot.    If no Revis, move up for Milliner, then draft another CB later, like Amerson, Banks, Will Davis, Poyer, or maybe Slay.  I am assuming Rhodes and Trufant would be gone.  I am not crazy about the rest of the free agent CB's left on the market.

So either way...several of our picks will be dedicated to acquiring CBs. It will be interesting how it plays out. Depending on what we trade to get Revis, we may not have enough to hop back up and get Milliner. If we traded say our 2nd, 4th, 6th and a pick next year..then we would still have our 1st rounder to hop up and take Milliner. If we have to give up our first, it will take 2-3 quality picks to hop al the way back up and get Milliner. It would be better value to just take a Banks, Poyer or Ryan in the 2nd/3rd rounds. We shall see.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 19, 2013, 12:10:42 AM

Rhodes
Star
Jones
Ansah
Trufant
Werner

So either way...several of our picks will be dedicated to acquiring CBs. It will be interesting how it plays out. Depending on what we trade to get Revis, we may not have enough to hop back up and get Milliner. If we traded say our 2nd, 4th, 6th and a pick next year..then we would still have our 1st rounder to hop up and take Milliner. If we have to give up our first, it will take 2-3 quality picks to hop al the way back up and get Milliner. It would be better value to just take a Banks, Poyer or Ryan in the 2nd/3rd rounds. We shall see.

Ya I saw a mock the other day, had Milliner at #3 IIRC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 19, 2013, 12:29:51 AM

Think it would cost us a fortune to trade up for Milliner.  Don't see it.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 19, 2013, 08:08:55 AM

I cannot see us trading up in the 1st round. We need as many picks as possible. The biggest frustration of this FA is we created need at important positions (DE, DT, RT) and filled none. With that I am working on the assumption Rhonde comes back and Saftey would be a want and not NEED. Therefore we now need to draft 3 for these extra positions whereas before FA, we did not if the players had been resigned.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 19, 2013, 10:04:29 AM

@RCummingsTBO:
Agent for CB Brent Grimes says Bucs are in the mix for the veteran but will have to move fast if they want him. Three other teams bidding

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 19, 2013, 11:14:34 AM

@RCummingsTBO:
Agent for CB Brent Grimes says Bucs are in the mix for the veteran but will have to move fast if they want him. Three other teams bidding

Yeah, right. Translation, his bids currently suck.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 19, 2013, 03:35:04 PM

@RCummingsTBO:

Yeah, right. Translation, his bids currently suck.

Teams might be leery of him.  I think his injury is worse than Revis.  So if people think Revis is risky, this guy would be a MAJOR risk.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remaining Free Agents and Other Free Agency Gibberish « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools