Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO NEEDS TO WIN NOW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 18, 2013, 02:06:39 PM

BUWHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Scheme he brought with him gave up the most passing yards Yeah, brilliant.  Totally more suited for the NFL.  He ran college schemes in college.  Wake up.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 18, 2013, 02:20:14 PM

What a load of crap. You can't compare Rutgers to any of the football factories. It's a SCHOOL. They focus on academics there. That automatically limits the level of talent Schiano had access to. Football was dead there when he arrived. They couldn't even draw the interest of the student body, forget about the community. Nobody cared. Even now, after Schiano is gone, I avoid I287 on game days. The traffic is awful. Before Schiano you could drive right by the stadium and hardly notice anything was going on. Rutgers played in the first college football game ever. I would guess Schiano more pro players in his tenure than all of the other Rutgers' coaches combined over the previous 80 odd years. The man can coach. He has great leadership skills and he can teach. He has all of the traits Gruden and Morris lacked. At Rutgers he had to make do with the players he and the school could attract, and who qualified in academics. With the Bucs he can target anyone he wants. He took over a team with serious problems. He can't fix everything in just a year or two, but I am confident the Bucs will be in the playoffs in 2013. The Glazers won't be firing anyone anytime soon.

I think you're have a hard time drawing a line between accomplishment on a small scale (what Schiano did for Rutgers), and accomplishment on the big scene (what Rutgers actually accomplished).  During Schiano's entire regime, across the nation people thought 'oh, how cute'.  He was a "pretty decent' coach in a below average conference.  No one took them seriously as a contender.  They may have had 1 great year, but a great coach can repeat that success.  What he did for Rutgers and the region around it was immense.  But, it fails in comparison nationally.  His overall accomplishments (on the grand scale), were quite minimal.  What Schiano did at Rutgers is virtually the exact same thing that Edsall did at UConn... and you don't see anyone looking for him to coach their NFL team.

Personally, I think he'll get at least 4 years and probably all 5 of the original deal.  I believe Freeman will flop simply because I don't think he's all that special.  Schaino will get to a chance to get his guy next April and I believe he'll get at least the 2 years with him.  Now, if this team has 6-win or less season, then he's absolutely on the hook to get fired.  If they win 3 or less... everybody is gone... Schiano, Dominik, and Freeman.

Whoever coaches Rutgers will always be at a disadvantage in being able to attract blue chip talent. Schiano has everything any HC would need to win at any level. He only lacks experience in the NFL but he has surrounded himself with people who do. He has the leadership skills to make it work. He fielded the highest scoring offense in franchise history in his first year as HC. He and Freeman will improve on that in 2013. 2012 will be the last losing season the Bucs will have with Schiano running the team. Schiano will be our Shula or Landry. It took the Steelers 40 years to win respect and a league title, and that was in a much smaller league. The Bucs have finally struck gold at HC.

For whatever reasons you focus on the negative and ignore the positives about the Bucs. You're not alone, but you guys state conjecture as fact, and it's almost always negative. I try to be objective and acknowledge weaknesses in the team, but also try to be supportive and encourage the players to get better. I am critical of players with bad attitudes, poor work ethic, or who are blatantly stupid. If a guy just lacks talent I don't see the point in kicking him when he's down. The coaches will get him better or get him on to a more promising career.  I like what's happening with the Bucs. I just wish Schiano had been signed in 2009 instead of Raheem. I believe you would have a much different view on Josh Freeman. Maybe this year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 18, 2013, 02:34:38 PM

BUWHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Scheme he brought with him gave up the most passing yards Yeah, brilliant.  Totally more suited for the NFL.  He ran college schemes in college.  Wake up.
All coaches have their faults. Jon Gruden won a Super Bowl and coached an MVP at quarterback, yet he still loved Brian Griese as if he was his son. My point is unless you're trying to say Bobby Petrino and Rich Rodriguez are better NFL coaches than Grg Schiano, wins and losses in the Big East mean nothing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 18, 2013, 02:57:36 PM

The title should be Schiano needs to win now for Dom. Which is the truth but I don't agree with it.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 18, 2013, 03:10:40 PM

The title should be Schiano needs to win now for Dom. Which is the truth but I don't agree with it.

Not entirely true. The glazers could wipe everything out that is Dom-related.

Meaning, he goes too.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 18, 2013, 04:07:39 PM

What a load of crap. You can't compare Rutgers to any of the football factories. It's a SCHOOL. They focus on academics there. That automatically limits the level of talent Schiano had access to. Football was dead there when he arrived. They couldn't even draw the interest of the student body, forget about the community. Nobody cared. Even now, after Schiano is gone, I avoid I287 on game days. The traffic is awful. Before Schiano you could drive right by the stadium and hardly notice anything was going on. Rutgers played in the first college football game ever. I would guess Schiano more pro players in his tenure than all of the other Rutgers' coaches combined over the previous 80 odd years. The man can coach. He has great leadership skills and he can teach. He has all of the traits Gruden and Morris lacked. At Rutgers he had to make do with the players he and the school could attract, and who qualified in academics. With the Bucs he can target anyone he wants. He took over a team with serious problems. He can't fix everything in just a year or two, but I am confident the Bucs will be in the playoffs in 2013. The Glazers won't be firing anyone anytime soon.

I think you're have a hard time drawing a line between accomplishment on a small scale (what Schiano did for Rutgers), and accomplishment on the big scene (what Rutgers actually accomplished).  During Schiano's entire regime, across the nation people thought 'oh, how cute'.  He was a "pretty decent' coach in a below average conference.  No one took them seriously as a contender.  They may have had 1 great year, but a great coach can repeat that success.  What he did for Rutgers and the region around it was immense.  But, it fails in comparison nationally.  His overall accomplishments (on the grand scale), were quite minimal.  What Schiano did at Rutgers is virtually the exact same thing that Edsall did at UConn... and you don't see anyone looking for him to coach their NFL team.

Personally, I think he'll get at least 4 years and probably all 5 of the original deal.  I believe Freeman will flop simply because I don't think he's all that special.  Schaino will get to a chance to get his guy next April and I believe he'll get at least the 2 years with him.  Now, if this team has 6-win or less season, then he's absolutely on the hook to get fired.  If they win 3 or less... everybody is gone... Schiano, Dominik, and Freeman.

Whoever coaches Rutgers will always be at a disadvantage in being able to attract blue chip talent. Schiano has everything any HC would need to win at any level. He only lacks experience in the NFL but he has surrounded himself with people who do. He has the leadership skills to make it work. He fielded the highest scoring offense in franchise history in his first year as HC. He and Freeman will improve on that in 2013. 2012 will be the last losing season the Bucs will have with Schiano running the team. Schiano will be our Shula or Landry. It took the Steelers 40 years to win respect and a league title, and that was in a much smaller league. The Bucs have finally struck gold at HC.

For whatever reasons you focus on the negative and ignore the positives about the Bucs. You're not alone, but you guys state conjecture as fact, and it's almost always negative. I try to be objective and acknowledge weaknesses in the team, but also try to be supportive and encourage the players to get better. I am critical of players with bad attitudes, poor work ethic, or who are blatantly stupid. If a guy just lacks talent I don't see the point in kicking him when he's down. The coaches will get him better or get him on to a more promising career.  I like what's happening with the Bucs. I just wish Schiano had been signed in 2009 instead of Raheem. I believe you would have a much different view on Josh Freeman. Maybe this year.

There's nothing that I stated about Schiano, Edsall, or national perception that was conjecture... they are facts.

LOL... "He and Freeman will improve on that in 2013. 2012 will be the last losing season the Bucs will have with Schiano running the team. Schiano will be our Shula or Landry. It took the Steelers 40 years to win respect and a league title, and that was in a much smaller league. The Bucs have finally struck gold at HC." I'm the one who's stating conjecture as fact?  :D

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 18, 2013, 04:32:39 PM

I don't deny that my speculation is conjecture, but at least it's positive and supportive of the team, you know, like a fan. Most of your posts are negative and detracting, you know, like a troll.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 18, 2013, 04:46:51 PM

I don't deny that my speculation is conjecture, but at least it's positive and supportive of the team, you know, like a fan. Most of your posts are negative and detracting, you know, like a troll.
The Bucs' record the last four years is 24-40. If the product on the field stinks, and it does, it only makes sense fans' opinions are not going to be positive.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 18, 2013, 05:08:42 PM

The Bucs' record the last four years is 24-40. If the product on the field stinks, and it does, it only makes sense fans' opinions are not going to be positive.

Not everyone can have their head up the organizations ass in the manner that company man spark can....

..doesn't mean we should stop working toward it, though!

#inspired

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 18, 2013, 05:45:02 PM

Not everyone can have their head up the organizations ass in the manner that company man spark can....

..doesn't mean we should stop working toward it, though!

#inspired

Troll away to your hearts' content. I enjoy seeing the Bucs get better personnel and coaching. At least now there is some chance we are building a contender. That wasn't happening with Gruden and Allen.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 18, 2013, 06:11:17 PM

You don't get an indefinite stay just for not being Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen. Sooner or later you're expected to win or else someone gets the chance to not be Mark Dominik and Greg Schiano. NFL= Not For Long.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 18, 2013, 06:24:14 PM

You don't get an indefinite stay just for not being Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen. Sooner or later you're expected to win or else someone gets the chance to not be Mark Dominik and Greg Schiano. NFL= Not For Long.

Such a troll you are, FRG.
 ::)

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 18, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

Dom and the Glazers have been building this team from scratch for 5 years since Gruden got fired.

It looked like they were putting it all together last year until they almost finished 0-6.

That is when Schiano changed his defense to mostly cover two zone and we won the last game v. ATL.

If Schiano had refused to change the defense he would have been fired already.

Dont forget the pass defense was almost the worst of all time and our cbs were not that bad.
The actual scheme is terrible and this is why they want to bring in Revis to try to salvage their rebuild.....
and figure out if Schiano is going to be the coach here long term. If the scheme doesnt look better with Goldson and
possibly Revis then it never will.

Our MVP David was exposed in this scheme. He is by all means a great player
who got burned for more tds than all of our scrub cbs combined.

This is not going to be a a simple fix and SR is right on the money. Its better to figure out now if Schiano will be successful.
Although I already know the answer.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 19, 2013, 09:11:03 AM

More like, my posts are about reality and demanding better from a team I support... not a .375 winning pct of the last 4 years, you know, like a fan.  Your posts are more like a blind homer just willing to give his money over for a sub-standard product, you know, like a fool.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 19, 2013, 11:31:13 AM

More like, my posts are about reality and demanding better from a team I support... not a .375 winning pct of the last 4 years, you know, like a fan.  Your posts are more like a blind homer just willing to give his money over for a sub-standard product, you know, like a fool.

You're not only a troll but an azzhole as well. You label anyone who won't agree with you with your slanderous BS. You're a prime example of those who can't disagree without being disagreeable. We have a great new coach who struck gold in both the draft and free agency last year, and you refuse to admit the team might be getting better. You must have been miserable last year when the Bucs were 6-4 and looking like they might grab a wildcard. I wasn't. I expected they would be and I enjoyed it. I am confident they will plug a few more holes this offseason and actually make the playoffs this year, and I'm sure that pisses you off. You can't stand it, and that makes sense for a troll. It doesn't make sense for a fan.

Three teams in our division finished 7-9. We swept the Panthers and split with the team that had the best record in the NFC  We have more cap space than the rest of the division combined, or at least close to it. We can sign any player we want between now and September, and we have the largest coaching staff in the league. It only makes sense to me that this team and this coaching staff will improve in their second year together. They know each other now. A two game improvement is a winning season. A three game improvement is a potential wildcard spot. To me that's not a stretch. It's doable. I like our chances, and that's without knowing who else we will add to the roster. You don't like it? Tough sh!t.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO NEEDS TO WIN NOW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools