Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: did you finally run him off? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#45 : March 19, 2013, 02:40:15 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/wdae-am-host-steve-duemig-off-the-air-due-to-contract-dispute-with-clear/2109844

I'd rather listen to static than Sileo

kbl117

Starter

#46 : March 19, 2013, 05:36:45 PM

I hate the guy and don't listen, but fact is he was once getting paid in the $300,000 range per year blowing away competition and becoming the staple of that station. There has to be some worry that he'd get signed by 98.7.

Todd Wright was the only person on 98.7 getting ANY type of ratings

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 19, 2013, 05:49:33 PM

Shelton was actually the most knowledgeable guy on their station - now gone. Guess the writer to radio host experiment didn't work like it is working for WDAE with Jones and Stroud (very good radio, imo).

That show started off horribly but it's actually, and surprisingly to me, pretty good. Shelton's delivery is way too deliberate for radio in my opinion. 98.7 really boondoggled up an opportunity with their personnel choices. There's nobody on that station right now.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 19, 2013, 05:52:21 PM

The problem is, 98.7 has no personalities. Nobody draws listeners. 102.5 made the switch to an all talk FM station around the same time as 98.7, and 102.5's ratings are through the roof with every show being rated #1 while every 98.7 show is in the 20s. 102.5 has a Howard Stern type format, and thats what people wanna listen to. Not boring yucksters on 98.7.

-Shelton was knowledgeable but not very personable and obviously that trait hurt him on the radio. He also was a cornball and had no personality.

-Dinger and those guys are boring as can be.

-Justin is more of a "morning zoo" type cornball yuckity yuckster than  a sports guy. Hes knowledgable but not a very compelling voice on the radio. Boring

-I like Booger, but he needs a better partner

- Rich Herrera wasnt liked as the Rays postgame guy, and in his second life in this town I think hes a little better but another corny old boring white guy

- Todd Wright was the best and getting the best ratinjg and he got let go a few weeks ago LMAO

- sports babe makes me want to ram pencils in my ears

This station made crucial programming mistakes. Should have Booger, Shaun King and Toby David, Lynn Austin and Roxanne Wilder bigger roles maybe even a show together, JP Peterson, and this station would deffinitely have improved ratings....<---those are all more compelling personalities in this area who have proven success in this market. What are you thinking 98.7?

I disagree with some of the specifics but the overall point of it being uninteresting and dull radio I agree with.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 19, 2013, 05:54:07 PM

I hate the guy and don't listen, but fact is he was once getting paid in the $300,000 range per year blowing away competition and becoming the staple of that station. There has to be some worry that he'd get signed by 98.7.

Todd Wright was the only person on 98.7 getting ANY type of ratings

I can take Todd is increments but he's pretty full of himself as well.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 19, 2013, 10:14:58 PM

TKras has less insight than DUImig???  At least TKras visits One Buc and speaks with current players.
I'd take Sileo over DUImig and he's bad.  I'd still listen to a different station, though.

T Kras has a bigger following than most think.  He appeals to a younger audience.  Steve is stale.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 19, 2013, 10:24:41 PM

It's cowherd. Have some respect for a sports radio legend.
Please tell me you're joking...
: March 20, 2013, 06:26:51 AM Al Bundy

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#52 : March 26, 2013, 05:56:18 PM

back at work with kissup obsequious callers kissing his a@@......3 yr contract

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 26, 2013, 06:44:52 PM

He started crying in his monologue....LOL....then he threatened to "find" those who clicked "LIKE" when he reported his abscence on facebook . What a mentally unstable jack ass. They should have fired him when they had the chance.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 26, 2013, 07:03:04 PM

**CENSORED**, Tkras is gone? I JUST started listening to 620 and I like him......:(

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#55 : March 26, 2013, 07:03:28 PM

very immature, that's for sure

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 26, 2013, 07:15:32 PM

He started crying in his monologue....LOL....then he threatened to "find" those who clicked "LIKE" when he reported his abscence on facebook . What a mentally unstable jack ass. They should have fired him when they had the chance.
I was one of them... I might have to call him tomorrow to inform. What a clown. I haven't listened to him in 4+ years.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 26, 2013, 07:51:59 PM

The problem is, 98.7 has no personalities. Nobody draws listeners. 102.5 made the switch to an all talk FM station around the same time as 98.7, and 102.5's ratings are through the roof with every show being rated #1 while every 98.7 show is in the 20s. 102.5 has a Howard Stern type format, and thats what people wanna listen to. Not boring yucksters on 98.7.

-Shelton was knowledgeable but not very personable and obviously that trait hurt him on the radio. He also was a cornball and had no personality.

-Dinger and those guys are boring as can be.

-Justin is more of a "morning zoo" type cornball yuckity yuckster than  a sports guy. Hes knowledgable but not a very compelling voice on the radio. Boring

-I like Booger, but he needs a better partner

- Rich Herrera wasnt liked as the Rays postgame guy, and in his second life in this town I think hes a little better but another corny old boring white guy

- Todd Wright was the best and getting the best ratinjg and he got let go a few weeks ago LMAO

- sports babe makes me want to ram pencils in my ears

This station made crucial programming mistakes. Should have Booger, Shaun King and Toby David, Lynn Austin and Roxanne Wilder bigger roles maybe even a show together, JP Peterson, and this station would deffinitely have improved ratings....<---those are all more compelling personalities in this area who have proven success in this market. What are you thinking 98.7?

This is pretty dead on. Gary Shelton was horrible. I think Justin's pretty good though, he has a lot more  Buc talk on his show compared to others.
: March 26, 2013, 07:53:54 PM XFactor

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#58 : March 26, 2013, 09:07:32 PM

I was one of them... I might have to call him tomorrow to inform. What a clown. I haven't listened to him in 4+ years.

Why do you have him on Facebook?

Glad he stayed at 620, I don't listen to much sports radio these days, but when I do it is usually 98.7

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#59 : March 26, 2013, 10:33:31 PM

Bobby Fenton is the best Sports talk DJ'S in this market.,.a shame no one will give him a time slot.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: did you finally run him off? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools