Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers interested in Captain Munnerlyn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 18, 2013, 06:42:37 PM

Munnerlyn sucks. Biggers is way better then him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 18, 2013, 06:47:16 PM

Biggers doesn't have a cool name though....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 18, 2013, 06:47:23 PM

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but he's usually a big liability when he's out there. He hardly stops any plays that go his way, so I don't know how you can say he's done really well.

For the record, I don't think anyone sounds like a jerk just for disagreeing with someone's opinion.

For the most part, teams are balanced between cheap players still on their rookie deal and high-priced stars that earned a big deal. Getting an experienced veteran depth player for cheap is valuable. Maybe Biggers doesn't come cheap and that's why he's not signed yet, but for the right price, he's a good piece to fill out a roster.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 18, 2013, 08:57:04 PM

I prefer Biggers to Wright - at least my expectations are in line.  I keep looking at that contract that was GIVEN to Wright and shaking my head

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kbl117

Starter

#19 : March 18, 2013, 09:10:32 PM

It depends on the contract Biggers gets, but he's the perfect kind of player for an NFL team. Cheap depth with experience and an ability to start if injuries push him into that role.

BINGO, a really quality player because of those reason

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 18, 2013, 10:31:58 PM

Somehow this thread doesn't have the energy of the Revis thread.  It would be a major letdown if they signed the Captain and no Revis.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 18, 2013, 10:33:44 PM

Biggers are your nickle or dime CB is fone. When he's a starter, you are in dutch.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Coburn1

Starter

#22 : March 18, 2013, 10:34:03 PM

Don't watch panthers much but remember munnerlyn because he always seemed to have Freeman's number. Think he would be a solid pickup despite not being a huge name.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 18, 2013, 10:46:56 PM

Don't watch panthers much but remember munnerlyn because he always seemed to have Freeman's number. Think he would be a solid pickup despite not being a huge name.

In PFF's top free agent CB's, he doesn't even make the list of the top10.   And IIRC, he is not the biggest guy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 18, 2013, 11:35:22 PM

If you were to trust Panthers fans, and I don't see why you would trust anyone's judgment that pulls for the Panthers, Munnerlyn is terrible.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 18, 2013, 11:39:22 PM

I prefer Biggers to Wright - at least my expectations are in line.  I keep looking at that contract that was GIVEN to Wright and shaking my head

Just gonna have to let that go Dave. He clearly wont be playing here for that contract now. Now if they can somehow teach Biggers to play the ball once in a while.....

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 23, 2013, 07:27:51 PM

ut oh buckwheat.  Munnerlyn re-signed with CAR.

Bucs w were interested but he never even visited one buc and opted for a 1 year deal with CAR.

WTF? Why are no fa cbs even visiting 1Buc?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ufcguy32

Starter

#27 : March 23, 2013, 07:44:40 PM

were interested in one free agent. thats it. its too much for these guys to use the phone and multi task

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 23, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

were interested in one free agent. thats it. its too much for these guys to use the phone and multi task

Which free agent are we interested in?

danlowe748

Starter

#29 : March 23, 2013, 07:51:33 PM

ut oh buckwheat.  Munnerlyn re-signed with CAR.

That is really a shame.    When watching the Bucs play the Panthers, I've thought that Munnerlyn is a pretty solid CB.    He signed a one year deal with Carolina?     I would have thought the Bucs would have wanted to bring a guy like that in for depth if nothing else.    I don't know what they have in mind, but as of right now, Munnerlyn would be the #1 corner on the Bucs if he were on the team.   Even if they do bring in 2 solid corners that we haven't seen yet, they need a 3rd guy as backup.   The corners are so horrible on this team.   This is confusing.   I hope Dom has a strategy that we haven't seen yet.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers interested in Captain Munnerlyn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools