Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominick......Wright may stick around if he is willing to restructure « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 18, 2013, 07:41:00 PM

Eric Wright has to restructure his contract to remain with the Buccaneers

By Sander Philipse

on Mar 18 2013, 6:39p

Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times spoke with Mark Dominik today, and he had some interesting thoughts to share. Given the fact that we're all wondering about the team's problems at cornerback, we can start with that. Dominik essentially said that Eric Wright would probably be released, and his only chance at remaining with the team would be to accept a new contract. Whether the Bucs will even offer him a new contract will be determined after the owners' meeting, which ends on Wednesday.

Eric Wright's second-year guarantee was voided after a four-game PED suspension, meaning the Bucs can essentially cut him right now with no further cap penalties. At a hefty $7.75 million salary, they're almost sure to do that if he doesn't agree to a cheaper contract. Wright has no leverage whatsoever in this matter, but he is still clearly the Bucs' best cornerback. The Bucs are attempting to trade for Darrelle Revis, but it remains to be seen whether and when that deal will go through.

In a little more surprising news, he also noted that they'd look at Matt Hasselbeck as a possible backup to Josh Freeman. I'm not sure how he sees an old, weak-armed quarterback fitting into the Bucs' throw-deep offense, but there you have it. Not that the Bucs are likely to lend Hasselbeck, he has a list of suitors looking for old, over-the-hill West Coast quarterbacks, apparently.

Finally, Dominik noted that they would only deal Legarrette Blount for the right price, as they realize Doug Martin can't do everything. We'll see whether that turns out to be true, or whether he walks for peanuts like Arrelious Benn did.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/3/18/4120890/eric-wright-has-to-restructure-his-contract-to-remain-with-the

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 18, 2013, 08:00:23 PM

I dont doubt they re-ink Wright if Revis doesnt end up in Tampa. Simply cant move forward with whats left + rookies.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 18, 2013, 08:02:06 PM

Meaning take a significant paycut or don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 18, 2013, 08:13:11 PM

I lose more faith in Dom everyday.

In Verner We Trust

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 18, 2013, 08:21:15 PM

wright should remain....but be paid no more than a third of that $7.75mil

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 18, 2013, 08:31:58 PM

Most likely putting the idea out there to increase leverage a bit.

Jets have said they don't have to trade Revis, everyone knows they do.
Dom puts out the idea that we can restructure Wright and we don't need Revis, everyone knows we do.

Just suck it up, cut Wright, trade for Revis, move on.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 18, 2013, 08:33:46 PM

wright should remain....but be paid no more than a third of that $7.75mil

I agree 100%

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 18, 2013, 08:41:30 PM

+1

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 18, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

Dom "essentially" said it?

Where's the quote?

Did I miss it?

Turn the page.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 18, 2013, 08:53:33 PM

Some act like a Revis acquisition will be a cure all for our secondary woes. Someone still has to line up against Roddy White and Harry Douglas.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 18, 2013, 08:54:54 PM

kbl117

Starter

#11 : March 18, 2013, 08:59:51 PM

makews sense...4 mil tops

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 18, 2013, 09:04:59 PM

Wright blows

kbl117

Starter

#13 : March 18, 2013, 09:05:32 PM

Some act like a Revis acquisition will be a cure all for our secondary woes. Someone still has to line up against Roddy White and Harry Douglas.

Getting pressure on Ryan will be more important than anything. I dont think even Revis can cover White or Julio for 7 seconds

That said If we have pressure, I think with the talent we would  have in Barron, Goldson, and Revis we could "get by" withh Leonard Johnson/EJ Biggers (worst case scenario) as the #2. "If" Revis is in the bag, I dont see the urgency to sign a #2 CB at this point. Outside of Grimes, theres a couple handfuls of names that no one is talking to that can be signed as #2 CBs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 18, 2013, 09:10:41 PM

Wright blows
and takes it.

Send this dude packing. Why have a disgruntled drug dealing liar of a CB who is not even good?!

He comes back for less and he will be unhappy as hell. Forget this sack of questionable elements. Deuce this dude.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominick......Wright may stick around if he is willing to restructure « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools