Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominick......Wright may stick around if he is willing to restructure « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

kbl117

Starter

#15 : March 18, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

theres a dozen equally talented (average) CBs out there getting no attention who will sign cheap, I dont see why we dont cut Wright and sign a Mike Jenkins type for example, but compared to whats on our roster hes o of value at the right price

also, I dont get why people are so upset about the adderal thing
: March 18, 2013, 09:13:57 PM kbl117

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 18, 2013, 09:16:55 PM

Because it is on a list of banned substances, and he has a history.

And he sucks.

I am upset about the "sucks rocks" thing.

kbl117

Starter

#17 : March 18, 2013, 09:22:09 PM

yea he seems to have other character concerns anyway...just on a seperate note and OUTSIDE of the 4 game suspension players get slapped with, there seems to be a VERY negative outlook on adderal when its discussed in sports media. Ive never taken any ADD drugs, but the stuff is taken by tons of children and adults and really has no more effect on performance than a 5 hour energy (I know not best analogy but for arguments sake it fits). Theres a LOT of stuff on the NFLs banned substance list that dont necessarily effect performance, that carry the same penalty but dont get looked at so negatively when players get popped for them
: March 18, 2013, 09:23:54 PM kbl117

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 18, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

Wright blows
At a Myronesque level

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 18, 2013, 09:25:14 PM

Lol dbuc...  now that's hyperbole

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 18, 2013, 10:09:42 PM

Wright blows
At a Myronesque level

And its not just that, there seems to be some character concerns, I would rather have vets like Ronde or Goldson as the leaders for the young fellas.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 18, 2013, 10:11:47 PM

Clear evidence that we had a plan that went awry. I will never believe for a second that bringing Wright back, reduced salary or not, was something the Bucs wanted. Whatever their plan was, it failed, and now they are left scrambling.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 18, 2013, 10:32:25 PM

Reduced salary? Can his salary be low enough for his combo of bad character and bad performance?

Gooooooooooooooooooo Buccaneer Men!!!! Neanderthals are bad enough, hypocritical Neanderthals are even worse,

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 18, 2013, 10:39:41 PM

Clear evidence that we had a plan that went awry. I will never believe for a second that bringing Wright back, reduced salary or not, was something the Bucs wanted. Whatever their plan was, it failed, and now they are left scrambling.

Clear evidence a week into FA? Really? Impressive.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 18, 2013, 11:27:53 PM

The Bucs notified Wright in December that they were going to void his guarantees, does that sound like something we'd do if we were interested in retaining him? Of course not, the Bucs did what they did when they did it because they didn't want him back, that should be pretty obvious to all. FA corners are signing left and right, so far we've yet to sign a single one. It would be lunacy to believe Dom is putting his future employment in the hands of two rookie cb's, so I seriously doubt that was how they planned on upgrading a historically bad pass D. The Revis situation might bail them out, but considering the Bucs don't ultimately control what the Jets do...that obviously wasn't the plan either. If you have a different take I'd love to hear it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 18, 2013, 11:37:10 PM

The Bucs notified Wright in December that they were going to void his guarantees, does that sound like something we'd do if we were interested in retaining him?

Sounds like something we'd do if we were going to void his guarantees

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 18, 2013, 11:42:59 PM

Im not going to sit here and pretend to know what his plan is, was or has been for the FA period thus far. . The fact of the matter is that you don't know either. End of story.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 19, 2013, 12:12:48 AM

The Bucs notified Wright in December that they were going to void his guarantees, does that sound like something we'd do if we were interested in retaining him?

Sounds like something we'd do if we were going to void his guarantees

So why tell him in December? What purpose does that serve? If you want to keep him, you keep him as happy as possible for as long as possible in the event you need him. If they planned on keeping him the guaranteed money wouldn't have mattered one way or the other, right? Why void guarantees if you plan on keeping the player anyway? Why piss someone off for something that wouldn't matter in the end? The Bucs CLEARLY didn't want Wright back, their actions support that. They are now back peddling because things didn't quite work out how they hoped.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 19, 2013, 12:24:28 AM

Im not going to sit here and pretend to know what his plan is, was or has been for the FA period thus far. . The fact of the matter is that you don't know either. End of story.

You're right, I don't know what the plan is. But it's possible to weed out ideas that wouldn't make any sense, which is what I did. It's highly unlikely the plan was to use rookies to upgrade our biggest need, and it's highly unlikely the plan was to trade for Revis because at the end of the day that might not even be an option. The only thing remaining is FA, which we've ignored save for Goldson in terms of the secondary. That tells me, as I stated before, things didn't go how Dom wanted them to. We're not going to hear about every call Dom made, about every player we were interested in. Things happen all the time (such as our interest in trading for Goldson last year) that fans never find out about, so just because it APPEARED we didn't have interest in guys like Smith, Nmandi, Cox, Lewis etc, doesn't mean that was the case. Maybe we called and they had no interest in coming here, or Dom attempted to low ball them all and got rejected because of it, who knows. But what I do know is that we didn't PLAN on trading for Revis, or relying on rookies as solutions to our pathetic secondary. If that was the plan none of this matters anyway because Dom will find himself unemployed this time next year.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 19, 2013, 12:25:04 AM

So why tell him in December? What purpose does that serve? If you want to keep him, you keep him as happy as possible for as long as possible in the event you need him. If they planned on keeping him the guaranteed money wouldn't have mattered one way or the other, right? Why void guarantees if you plan on keeping the player anyway? Why piss someone off for something that wouldn't matter in the end? The Bucs CLEARLY didn't want Wright back, their actions support that. They are now back peddling because things didn't quite work out how they hoped.

If they didn't void his guarantees, they have no leverage to renegotiate his deal. I don't know why they told him in December. Maybe they knew the grievance process would take a few months? Maybe they wants as much time as possible for bad blood to cool down and let it be a business decision?

I'm fine with Wright returning for less money. I think there's a bit of hyperbole about how bad he is. To me, he was the best CB on the team last year and looked like the smoothest athlete in coverage. I think with Revis/Wright/Biggers or Johnson, they're in good shape. He definitely didn't play to his salary and his stupidity gave the Bucs a re-do on that, so they're smart to use it.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominick......Wright may stick around if he is willing to restructure « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools