Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs, Biggest Draft Day Regret, In Franchise History « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 18, 2013, 10:32:30 PM

Anti....if you agree that no one had heard of Rodgers, you should stop posting as well.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 18, 2013, 10:35:15 PM

Cadillac over Aaron Rodgers. The supporting cast in 05, 07 and 08 was more than good enough to win a Super Bowl.

i completely disagree on this one. nobody had ever heard of aaron rodgers when he came out.

Duuuuude..... stop posting!!!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2005.php

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/mock2005.html

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/2005-04-22-mock-draft-bell_x.htm

The safer bet would be to roll the dice on the QB.  A RB better be AP, Jim Brown, and Gayle Sayres all rolled into one, before drafting him top 10.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 18, 2013, 10:36:00 PM

Anti....if you agree that no one had heard of Rodgers, you should stop posting as well.

Never said that, see post above.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 18, 2013, 10:43:50 PM

Caddy

Gaines.. God rest his soul

Mc80

Trueblood

Kenyatta Walker

Brian Price

We passed up on GREAT players for those chumps.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#19 : March 18, 2013, 10:47:53 PM

Bo Jackson, without a doubt.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 19, 2013, 12:06:39 AM

Cadillac over Aaron Rodgers. The supporting cast in 05, 07 and 08 was more than good enough to win a Super Bowl.

i completely disagree on this one. nobody had ever heard of aaron rodgers when he came out. cadillac was a star at auburn and rodgers was some guy at Cal. im a college football nut and i never heard of rodgers til he took over for favre. theres no way anyone could have known how good he would be. he rode the pine for 3 years before doing anything

hindsight is 20/20 but give me a break

THANK YOU, you just proved my point with Mark Barron. Even if the guy is Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott or even Kenny Easley a Safety is never a top 10 pick. Especially when second and third round picks can put up his numbers.

Anybody who thinks Rodgers would have been what he is now had we drafted him is wishful thinking. No way would Rodgers be what he is. Green Bay gave him he chance to learn from one of the best, have better coaching and play in a system more suited for him with better weapons. Cadillac did not live up to the draft status but this franchise has so many of them how is anybody gonna single out a guy who gave everything for this franchise. Hate the guy all you want but gimme his heart all day long.

Agree, but I would add, a RB is not good value that high in the first.  No matter who he is.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 19, 2013, 07:19:27 AM

THANK YOU, you just proved my point with Mark Barron. Even if the guy is Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott or even Kenny Easley a Safety is never a top 10 pick. Especially when second and third round picks can put up his numbers.

Considering we spent a  high 1st rounder on 1 safety , and then big money in free agency on another safety , safety seems to be much more important to OUR style of defense than your broad generalization seems to give it credit for.....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 19, 2013, 07:43:38 AM

How is this not a hands down answer of Bo Jackson?  Sure we have had other miscues in the draft (that might be an understatement).  But to use the #1 overall draft pick on a player who said he wouldnt sign...and then didnt.  Complete waste of that pick.  At least with all the busts we have had, they showed up and we got something out of them.  Not to watch them be a superstar for another team a year later.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 19, 2013, 07:45:02 AM

It's tied for me:
Passing over Aaron Rodgers for Cadillac
Passing over Adrian Peterson for Gaines Adams

RIP Gaines, but of the two he was the bigger bust

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#24 : March 19, 2013, 08:05:43 AM

Dexter jackson. Appalachian state 2nd round.

My thoughts exactly

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 19, 2013, 08:23:40 AM

Cadillac over Aaron Rodgers.

a mediocre RB over a future HOFer

Yea I'd have to agree, Rodgers is the guy that started the "embarassing slide" on draft day, atleast the first that I can remember. He was considered a top 5 pick  and  they cut to him after every pick he wasn't selected. It was awkward to watch.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 19, 2013, 08:27:00 AM

Mostly every pick during the Gruden era. Williams over Rodgers, Adams over Peterson are the biggest 2.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 19, 2013, 08:29:16 AM

Mostly every pick during the Gruden era. Williams over Rodgers, Adams over Peterson are the biggest 2.

I will throw in Michael Clayton over Steven Jackson, maybe not the biggest but it was a head scratcher considering we needed a RB.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 19, 2013, 08:44:41 AM

Keith McCants over Junior Seau or Emmitt Smith in the first round of the 1990 Draft.

Eric Curry over  Willie Roaf or  Lincoln  Kennedy in the 1993 draft

There have been so many its is numbing to think of the possibilities, that could have been.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 19, 2013, 09:06:26 AM

This award goes to the Bo Debacle period.  THere isn't anything in NFL history that matches it, let alone franchise history.  Although the Eli/Rivers draft was close for drama, it never met the Bo fail.

As for the "nobody heard of Rodgers" crap, welll,.... crap.  One of the main reasons I felt Favre was scum was how he **CENSORED**ed them around after he decided not to retire after they just drafted his replacement.  Rodgers wan't some mid-round maybe like Myron Lewis, he was a guy who was ready to go. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs, Biggest Draft Day Regret, In Franchise History « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools