Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: well that was fast « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 19, 2013, 08:02:02 AM

I love it!! If we don't sign some over the hill loser as soon as he becomes available it suddenly means our front office is doing nothing. I gaurantee you Schiano has been  in the trenches with Dom feverishly going over who can help us, who can't and who is worth a look. Just because you don't know what they are doing doesn't mean they are doing nothing.

BTW, thinking we're doomed because we didn't sign a different BACK UP QB is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day. It is early though.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 19, 2013, 08:28:51 AM

its not just about them its the lack of movement for anyone or anything. we have gaping holes and he isnt doing crap. your happy with dan orlovsky and wouldnt take someone else who is an upgrade in case freeman goes down? or goes into a slump?
Unless it's a minor injury that only lasts a week or two, I suspect that that would mean that Freeman would probably done with the team.  In that case, winning an extra game or two really wouldn't be of much benefit to the team, particularly if they don't trade away their 2014 first round pick.  Basically, the only scenario where upgrading the backup quarterback would be a meaningful concern would be one where the team is in the playoff hunt and Freeman misses a week or two due to injury.  That would certainly be bad, but I think there's room to question whether or not it's worth spending finite resources on, given that:

dont act like we have all the pieces together because we are far from where we need to be right now and time is ticking. you see just about every nfl team being pretty active in free agency in signing players. we have signed one quality guy. thats it. we need about four more players to be starters....not depth but starters. and this guy wants to wait till april. i guess your content with being last in passing defense or the garbage of a pass rush we have and by the way we lost the guy who had the most sacks on the team. so explain to me genius how we are better off now then we were last year?
is all true.  The team *does* need more starters, has a lamentable pass defense and an terrible pass rush.  So ... why are you freaking out over the backup quarterback position again?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 19, 2013, 08:37:19 AM

Are you guys ok with Orlovsky as our starter in the event that Freeman gets hurt or continues to be inconsistent? I don't like Fitz but Hasselbeck would have been a quality upgrade for our back-up QB.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 19, 2013, 09:24:57 AM

You can't force a guy to sign if he wants to play elsewhere.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 19, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

Freeman has proven to be pretty damn durable.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blackat1515

Second String
#20 : March 19, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

We all should care.... Everyone is only worried about revis revis revis, can we sign a DE, DT, a back up QB, hey maybe sign a CB, this is crazy, you can't fill everything in the draft and who would want to!!!!

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 19, 2013, 04:48:00 PM

UNCROWN US!

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#22 : March 19, 2013, 04:57:21 PM

This thread is hilarious.

bucyou

Rookie

#23 : March 19, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

I think someone stole his binky.

LMFAO

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 19, 2013, 06:43:02 PM

Omg. We didn't sign Ryan Fitzpatrick were doomed!!!!

i agree.  if we had signed hasselbeck im sure we would have won a superbowl...now im not so sure.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: well that was fast « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools