Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEITHER BUCS NOR JETS APPEAR TO BE BLINKING ON REVIS DEAL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 19, 2013, 03:42:21 AM

Don't do it!!
thought  you'd be okay with giving the first up
dont do it!  Play the game Dom!

(Hint hint)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 19, 2013, 06:00:33 AM

Geez, Divas-- quit making the other one start the foreplay-- and JUST **CENSORED**!!!!

somebody has got to initiate it

Hate. Since you mentioned it, ..go rub woody's johnson.  ;)

If the deal gets done, none of us will ever say a word about it.

Sorry dude, not my style..... and as much as i'm a propoent of taking one for the team, i'm not high enuff on MEvis to go down that path.

-------------------------------------------------------

nitey

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 19, 2013, 06:41:26 AM

Jets have no reason to hurry, and every reason not to if notone is going to offer a 1st. Deal will get done in April barring another team clearing cap space to trade a pick int he 20's.

Sorry, but that's just not true. There is some urgency on the Jets part to get a deal done. The reason being that while they wait on Revis to get healthier teams are spending down their cap and when you get closer to the draft the urgency that a team might have had for a deal gets less as it's interest in players that they COULD draft becomes greater.

Make no mistake, the Jets want to deal Revis, now, this year. Otherwise they lose him for nothing at the end of the year. I can't blame the Jets for trying to hold out for their best deal, but the Bucs have the stronger position. They have the draft choices, they are willing to make a fair deal and they have enough cap space to put Revis under the team cap.

Dom is right, with Revis's current condition, he's not worth a first this year. The only way I would trade my first this year, is if I got the Jets 2nd in return. So the best deal I might offer is: Our 1st this year, 4th (ours), a 6th (ours) and 2nd next year that can become a 1st and Blount for Revis and the Jets 2nd pick this year. The Jets end up with 2 firsts this year and no 2nd and we end up with two 2nd's this year, both at the top of the round. That's the best I'd do (not even sure I'd throw in that extra 6th on the deal, but that's the best I'd offer).

JMO.
: March 19, 2013, 06:43:37 AM nitey

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 19, 2013, 08:28:23 AM

Somebody has to **CENSORED**ing blink.. Shoot them an offer they can't refuse as long as its not 2 firsts and be done with it. Somebody is going to get a bad deal but if our side of the bad deal comes with a top 5 player then so be it. We haven't had one of those in a while.

Nice poker face buddy. Glad you are not the GM.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 19, 2013, 08:29:21 AM

Jets have all to lose in this. Bucs can move on, sign a corner and draft one. Jets will look like fools when he walks and they get nothing.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 19, 2013, 08:34:02 AM

Has Revis already fully recovered?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 19, 2013, 08:41:43 AM

Nobody knows.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 19, 2013, 09:46:21 AM

Players leave all the time in the nfl for nothing.  Look at the Ravens this year or Dashing Hoodwink for us.  This idea that if Revis walks they get nothing happens all the time.  The Bucs can wait till next off season and have him FREE!!!!  This isn't nba or mlb.
: March 19, 2013, 11:08:58 AM The Anomaly

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 19, 2013, 09:48:20 AM

DASHON. GOLDSON...autocorrect

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 19, 2013, 10:22:31 AM

Players leave all the time in the nfl for nothing.  Look at the Ravens this year or Dashing Hoodwink for us.  This idea that if Revise walks they get nothing happens all the time.  The Bucs can wait till next off season and have him FREE!!!!  This isn't nba or mob.

That gets my vote. Also there will be evidence to evaluate on his knee injury. We might not even want him if he's not fully recovered.. Keep our picks and use them to build on. Screw the Jets.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 19, 2013, 10:38:17 AM

Players leave all the time in the nfl for nothing.  Look at the Ravens this year or Dashing Hoodwink for us.  This idea that if Revise walks they get nothing happens all the time.  The Bucs can wait till next off season and have him FREE!!!!  This isn't nba or mob.

That's true, but that's not ideal for the Jets for several reasons. First, the Jets don't want to take the chance that Revis resurfaces within their division. Second, the Jets are in all out rebuilding mode, they need draft picks to do that more than they need a shutdown corner and they know that and finally, if Revis walks at the end of the year to a new club, there is no guarantee that he will be even tempted to come here. Rumor is that he loves New York and the New York area. The Giants would love to have him, as would the Pats. Even Philly might be in play next year.

If the Bucs don't get Revis this year, I put the odds of us ever getting Revis at next to nothing. We are not a big market team and while Revis would accept a trade here for the right money, I suspect if he could chose his own team, we would not be his first choice.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 19, 2013, 10:53:34 AM

Nobody knows.

hmmm..Probably why teams haven't been rushing for him.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : March 19, 2013, 10:57:46 AM

Dashing Hoodwink
nickname activated.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 19, 2013, 11:05:08 AM

I am enjoying the cat and mouse... and MD is the cat.

The Jets management may not be blinking, but I'd guess their sphincters are winking.

lol

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 19, 2013, 11:12:09 AM

That's true, but that's not ideal for the Jets for several reasons. First, the Jets don't want to take the chance that Revis resurfaces within their division. Second, the Jets are in all out rebuilding mode, they need draft picks to do that more than they need a shutdown corner and they know that and finally, if Revis walks at the end of the year to a new club, there is no guarantee that he will be even tempted to come here. Rumor is that he loves New York and the New York area. The Giants would love to have him, as would the Pats. Even Philly might be in play next year.

If the Bucs don't get Revis this year, I put the odds of us ever getting Revis at next to nothing. We are not a big market team and while Revis would accept a trade here for the right money, I suspect if he could chose his own team, we would not be his first choice.

JMO.

+1. I also totally agree with your first post as well. Well said.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEITHER BUCS NOR JETS APPEAR TO BE BLINKING ON REVIS DEAL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools