Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEITHER BUCS NOR JETS APPEAR TO BE BLINKING ON REVIS DEAL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 19, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

Dashing Hoodwink
nickname activated.

Oh my lord... Dashing Hoodwink. Thank you Anomaly and your autocorrectmancing phone.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 19, 2013, 11:14:53 AM

the jets arent going to suddenly accept 2-2nds a 4th and a 6th.

pony up #13 or forget it.

**CENSORED** or I get off the pot dom.

Something tells me that #13 is part of the plan. That's why then Bucs don't want to deal that pick to the Jets. All this angst will be forgotten if our starting CB in Sept are Darrelle Revis and Dee Milliner or Xavier Rhodes.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 19, 2013, 11:16:17 AM

Dashing Hoodwink
nickname activated.

Oh my lord... Dashing Hoodwink. Thank you Anomaly and your autocorrectmancing phone.

I know...pretty funny right?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 19, 2013, 11:40:03 AM

I know...pretty funny right?

You've created a monster I want you to know.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 19, 2013, 12:27:16 PM

I tell you one thing, the NY media is absolutely hammering the Jets handling of the situation from all aspects.

Some of the prevailing opinions on this debacle:

Jets flip flopping has Bucs frustrated; speaking on Woody Johnson's back and forth about wanting to trade Revis, but "not beating the bushes." The media feels that the Jets are not only futher alienating Revis, but also flustering their main and perhaps only trading partner. The big opinion now is that Revis is gone one way or another.

Mark Dominick may have done himself a world of favors by showing his hand with respects to the Bucs 13th selection in this year's draft. The idea here among the media is that whether it's a first round pick this year or the next, the Jets are nearly in rebuild mode and are in need of two good drafts to turn things around. Another point is that Rex is a lame duck coach and no draft is going to put him in a position to succeed this year, having two good picks in possibly a very QB rich draft next year will put the team in better posiion to rid themselves of Sanchez and possibly Rex himself. With the Bucs near walking away from the trade table, the Jets are just putting themselves in a far worse situation in both this year and probably next years draft too.

These are just some of opinions that I've heard or read from the media up north.
: March 19, 2013, 12:31:07 PM Cerious

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 19, 2013, 12:41:05 PM

...Mark Dominick may have done himself a world of favors by showing his hand with respects to the Bucs 13th selection in this year's draft...

Master stroke - get the media and fans involved.  :)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 19, 2013, 12:41:42 PM

I agree with that and it affirms what I have heard from my New York friend about the trade. If you think we're impatient here, the fans in New York are more over the top than we are here. Most think that the Jets FO is going screw up the deal by trying to get too much and end up having to keep Revis and that Revis will be so unhappy he'll be less motivated to be ready for when the season starts. Most think getting a pair of 2's is a good deal.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 19, 2013, 12:49:40 PM

I agree with that and it affirms what I have heard from my New York friend about the trade. If you think we're impatient here, the fans in New York are more over the top than we are here. Most think that the Jets FO is going screw up the deal by trying to get too much and end up having to keep Revis and that Revis will be so unhappy he'll be less motivated to be ready for when the season starts. Most think getting a pair of 2's is a good deal.

Yeah, I didn't even mention the fan feedback to these opinions. A lot of fans would be happy to walk away with 1 first round pick in either year, of course this year is preferable, but they also like the idea of getting a better QB next year. Some think gone are the days of expecting to get a boatload of picks for players that aren't Elite QBs, not to mention Revis' contract considerations and questionable health.

Just seeing some of the feelings up here, I'm inclinded to say that Buc fans will walk away with a ton less butthurt if this deal implodes and Revis doesn't get moved for multiple picks. The Jets are being compared to the Mets in terms of the way they manage versus "cross town" rivals..ie Giants/Yankees.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 19, 2013, 12:49:41 PM

Wait a year...get him for free.  We aren't going to the super Bowl anyhow and we need to find out if Josh is our guy.  Can you imagine how much Revis will complain if he's stuck on a rebuilding team should Josh need to be replaced?

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 19, 2013, 12:52:25 PM

...Mark Dominick may have done himself a world of favors by showing his hand with respects to the Bucs 13th selection in this year's draft...

Master stroke - get the media and fans involved.  :)

Kills two birds with one stone, makes the Jets FO look like fools and wins fan opinion on both teams... Buc fans being prepared for disappoinment, Jets fans enraged at their inept manager/owner/coach.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#40 : March 19, 2013, 12:54:36 PM

Dashing Hoodwink
nickname activated.

Oh my lord... Dashing Hoodwink.
no one will want to cross the middle. Not with The Dashing Hoodwink on the prowl.

Anyone bored enough to create a Dashing Hoodwink superhero in MS Paint, please do so.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 19, 2013, 12:57:59 PM

This... LoL

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 19, 2013, 01:09:00 PM

From what I've read it doesn't seem like a case of one of them blinking it's more a case of Idjit (why does everyone spell his name wrong?) being too chicken to make a move either way.
He's like a deer in headlights.
"The media will kill me if I can't get a first this year and nobody is offering me that BUT I can't keep the guy who we've now dissed and will likely walk leaving us nothing. I can't win, why did I take this job? Why did my stupid owner have to open his big mouth to start all this? HELP!!!!!"

Doms likely got a face of frustraton more than a poker face right now, it's idiotic, they can't even decide if they are trading him or not.
"We're shopping him but you can't talk to him to hammer out a new contract or even check out his health."
"We're no longer shopping him but we are still listening to offers and want this (insert terms) for him."

As the saying goes "Either sh!t or get off the pot."

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 19, 2013, 01:15:19 PM

From what I've read it doesn't seem like a case of one of them blinking it's more a case of Idjit (why does everyone spell his name wrong?) being too chicken to make a move either way.
"The media will kill me if I can't get a first this year and nobody is offering me that BUT I can't keep the guy who we've now dissed and will likely walk leaving us nothing. I can't win, why did I take this job? Why did my stupid owner have to open his big mouth to start all this? HELP!!!!!"

Doms likely got a face of frustraton more than a poker face right now, it's idiotic, they can't even decide if they are trading him or not.
"We're shopping him but you can't talk to him to hammer out a new contract or even check out his health."
"We're no longer shopping him but we are still listening to offers and want this (insert terms) for him."

For a QB needy team with major holes at every level, the Jets GM (I refuse to check he spelling every time now) could easily fire back that having two firsts next year puts them in better position to succeed sooner, especially if the also get some compensation in this year's draft. If I'm him i'm salivating at next year's first(bucs) in addition to a better overall haul of total draft picks acquired over both years.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 19, 2013, 01:26:03 PM

For a QB needy team with major holes at every level, the Jets GM (I refuse to check he spelling every time now) could easily fire back that having two firsts next year puts them in better position to succeed sooner, especially if the also get some compensation in this year's draft. If I'm him i'm salivating at next year's first(bucs) in addition to a better overall haul of total draft picks acquired over both years.
That's the issue though, from all reports the Jets want this years 1st in a draft that has a very weak QB class.
There's been a load of talk that they turned down next years first, insisting on this years pick.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEITHER BUCS NOR JETS APPEAR TO BE BLINKING ON REVIS DEAL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools