Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Think twice before driving home drunk from games in 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« : March 18, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »

NFL, MADD to expand relationship

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 18, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT

The NFL will supplement its already existing partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving in 2013, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday.

Of note: the NFL and MADD anticipate “convening an alcohol-related summit” in 2013, with coaches, players, executives, team medical personnel, the NCAA and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration all planned participants, the league said. The NFL also said that MADD will also have a “presence” at the league’s Rookie Symposium in June.

The NFL, for its part, is officially endorsing MADD’s “Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving,” among other partnership efforts.

“We are pleased to endorse MADD’s campaign and further build upon our partnership to do  everything we can warn players, team personnel and fans about the dangers of drunk driving,” Goodell said in a statement issued by the league. “We have made progress but have more work to do to ensure that everyone associated with the NFL makes safe, responsible decisions with alcohol and never gets behind the wheel when they shouldn’t.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/nfl-madd-to-expand-relationship/

Get a cab home if you have to.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 19, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »

Trueblood didn't call a cab. He called his mommy.

Yet still he managed a way to fug it up.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 19, 2013, 12:19:27 AM »

But seriously, MADD seems like they want to trump up DUI enforcement after games around NFL stadiums this year. I know a lot of you guys like to have a good ol' time out there at Ray Jay on game day. Don't make a bone headed descision that lands you in jail, or worse, results in someone's death. Goodnight.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 19, 2013, 12:24:33 AM »

MADD is just like PETA.

Good in theory, but in reality they don't do anything.

Cops cant pull over everyone leaving a sporting event as large as a football game. There is just not enough manpower to do it. They need the security for the actual games and for drunk and disorderly people in the stands.

Its always better to just have a DD when you go to the games. A beer or two is fine but don't get slammed. Most people don't realize that .08 BAC is barely anything to actually affect your ability to drive.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 19, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »

PETA isn't even good in theory.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #5 : March 19, 2013, 03:39:00 AM »

MADD is just like PETA.

Cops cant pull over everyone leaving a sporting event as large as a football game. There is just not enough manpower to do it. They need the security for the actual games and for drunk and disorderly people in the stands.

Its always better to just have a DD when you go to the games. A beer or two is fine but don't get slammed. Most people don't realize that .08 BAC is barely anything to actually affect your ability to drive.
They can't pull you over period, unless they have probable cause. Its going to be a bit hard to detect a drunk driver in congested traffic.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #6 : March 19, 2013, 03:39:34 AM »

Trueblood didn't call a cab. He called his mommy.

Yet still he managed a way to fug it up.
? I'm confused.... What does this have to do with Trueblood

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 19, 2013, 10:22:11 AM »

MADD is just like PETA.

They can't pull you over period, unless they have probable cause. Its going to be a bit hard to detect a drunk driver in congested traffic.

Can't they set up check points if they want?   And I doubt it would be hard to find probable cause with many of the knuckle heads on the road after the game.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 19, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »

My policy is simple. I refuse to pay Stadium prices for alcohol. Tailgating prior is when I drink. 4 hours later i'm alcohol free. Shouldn't be an issue driving home then.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
« #9 : March 19, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

What MADD doesn't realize is that stadium prices for alcohol is a deterrent to drunk driving itself.

Of course they would know this if they were football fans.  They should keep to the kitchen and drink themselves to sleep with some wine instead of trying to stick their nose in business it doesn't belong.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 19, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »

MADD is just like PETA.

And if they set up a checkpoint? You've clearly never been in Law Enforcement. I could always find a reason if need be.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 19, 2013, 12:06:40 PM »

What MADD doesn't realize is that stadium prices for alcohol is a deterrent to drunk driving itself.

Of course they would know this if they were football fans.  They should keep to the kitchen and drink themselves to sleep with some wine instead of trying to stick their nose in business it doesn't belong.

WOW seriously? You've never lost someone to a drunk driver that should have been legally dead based on their B.A.C. That organization has saved countless lives and I'm proud to be a member. Just because it says Mother's Against Drunk Drivers doesn't make all members female.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #12 : March 19, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »

I could always find a reason if need be.

This is why probable cause is so highly controversial.

It can and IS abused by cops. Not ALL cops, but you're a fool if you don't think there is a healthy amount of cops abusing their ability to use probable cause

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #13 : March 19, 2013, 01:19:15 PM »

WOW seriously? You've never lost someone to a drunk driver that should have been legally dead based on their B.A.C. That organization has saved countless lives and I'm proud to be a member. Just because it says Mother's Against Drunk Drivers doesn't make all members female.

MADD is a decent organization. Their CEO makes like $125K which is very reasonable. Look at Susan G Komen........their CEO makes almost $685K annually in salary. Damn near a Million off of a charity. That disgusts me.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
« #14 : March 19, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »

Then tell your organization to target people that are actually drunk and not those more sober than people who are driving on prescription pills.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Think twice before driving home drunk from games in 2013 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools