Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Think twice before driving home drunk from games in 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 19, 2013, 01:23:32 PM

I could always find a reason if need be.

This is why probable cause is so highly controversial.

It can and IS abused by cops. Not ALL cops, but you're a fool if you don't think there is a healthy amount of cops abusing their ability to use probable cause

There will always be those few that do it. I'd rather err on the side of caution then not pull someone over only to find out later they killed themselves or someone else.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 19, 2013, 01:28:34 PM

What MADD doesn't realize is that stadium prices for alcohol is a deterrent to drunk driving itself.

Of course they would know this if they were football fans.  They should keep to the kitchen and drink themselves to sleep with some wine instead of trying to stick their nose in business it doesn't belong.

WOW seriously? You've never lost someone to a drunk driver that should have been legally dead based on their B.A.C. That organization has saved countless lives and I'm proud to be a member. Just because it says Mother's Against Drunk Drivers doesn't make all members female.

MADD is a decent organization. Their CEO makes like $125K which is very reasonable. Look at Susan G Komen........their CEO makes almost $685K annually in salary. Damn near a Million off of a charity. That disgusts me.

On that one we will agree. They advertise non stop all year long all over the world and then require that you raise 2500 per person to walk or it comes out of your pocket. I'm all for eliminating Cancer, not just Breast Cancer. I truly hate watching Football in October with everything and everyone required to wear Pink. BARF.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 19, 2013, 01:28:51 PM

What MADD doesn't realize is that stadium prices for alcohol is a deterrent to drunk driving itself.

Of course they would know this if they were football fans.  They should keep to the kitchen and drink themselves to sleep with some wine instead of trying to stick their nose in business it doesn't belong.

WOW seriously? You've never lost someone to a drunk driver that should have been legally dead based on their B.A.C. That organization has saved countless lives and I'm proud to be a member. Just because it says Mother's Against Drunk Drivers doesn't make all members female.

Then tell your organization to target people that are actually drunk and not those more sober than people who are driving on prescription pills.

Not saying this from first hand experience, but Texting while driving is much much more dangerous than having 4 brews in your system.......

acacius

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 19, 2013, 01:29:59 PM

PETA isn't even good in theory.
Oh, I don't know.  PETA may be (is) a self-caricature, but there's nothing wrong with the idea of treating animals ethically.  Temple Grandin's work on humane livestock handling processes, for example, is really quite solid. 

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 19, 2013, 01:35:18 PM

On that one we will agree. They advertise non stop all year long all over the world and then require that you raise 2500 per person to walk or it comes out of your pocket. I'm all for eliminating Cancer, not just Breast Cancer. I truly hate watching Football in October with everything and everyone required to wear Pink. BARF.

Like only 15-20% of donations from the public (which equates into the 100s of millions annually) goes into research (as in the only way to ever cure cancer).

Pretty shltty that male forms of cancer seem to never get any attention. All cancers deserve to be researched and cured.

I feel bad for our ladies. Breast cancer is a beast. It appears that Breast Cancer is getting the most funding and attention for a hopeful cure. Yet, in reality, it seems to be the complete opposite. I truly feel that capitalists have just completely taken advantage of such a horrendous disease, and use it to make BOOKOO money.

Pathetic, and **CENSORED**s should fry for that.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 19, 2013, 01:38:41 PM

Then tell your organization to target people that are actually drunk and not those more sober than people who are driving on prescription pills.

Not saying this from first hand experience, but Texting while driving is much much more dangerous than having 4 brews in your system.......

I was a cop for 22 years. trust me they are equal IMO. The difference is you can put the phone down and be able to drive safely. If your drunk, your drunk the entire time your behind the wheel.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 19, 2013, 01:41:42 PM

The difference is you can put the phone down and be able to drive safely. If your drunk, your drunk the entire time your behind the wheel.

Cant argue there.....

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 19, 2013, 01:46:08 PM

The initial purpose of MADD was trying to stress the enforcement of DUIs. Back in the 70s/80s cops would just make sure they got home safe or had somebody come pick them up. That changed after MADD started and raised awareness/complained/etc.

They fulfilled their goal of stricter DUI enforcement. They also ruined many peoples lives off of one decision.

I am not condoning drinking and driving by any means...I just think that people are much more of a threat to driving now a days with texting and multi-tasking.

I also would just stress the fact that running DUI checkpoints after the game would create a traffic madness that is beyond just gameday traffic. You would have cars there for 3+ hours after the game and by that time a lot of people can sober up enough to not get tested.

Its good in theory but in reality you never really hear about people killing themselves after sporting events. The people who can afford to buy beer like a clown all game also usually have people there to make sure they dont do any of that afterwards.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 19, 2013, 01:48:58 PM

Getting drunk for games is just pointless unless your just there to do it. Its too hot, and too expensive. Just watch the game drink after if we win :)

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 19, 2013, 01:51:01 PM

Its honestly more of a social thing to do before and after the game. Tailgating for stuff is sometimes honestly more fun than the actual event.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#25 : March 19, 2013, 01:52:51 PM

The initial purpose of MADD was trying to stress the enforcement of DUIs. Back in the 70s/80s cops would just make sure they got home safe or had somebody come pick them up. That changed after MADD started and raised awareness/complained/etc.

They fulfilled their goal of stricter DUI enforcement. They also ruined many peoples lives off of one decision.

I am not condoning drinking and driving by any means...I just think that people are much more of a threat to driving now a days with texting and multi-tasking.

I also would just stress the fact that running DUI checkpoints after the game would create a traffic madness that is beyond just gameday traffic. You would have cars there for 3+ hours after the game and by that time a lot of people can sober up enough to not get tested.

Its good in theory but in reality you never really hear about people killing themselves after sporting events. The people who can afford to buy beer like a clown all game also usually have people there to make sure they dont do any of that afterwards.

Some good points here.......good argument.....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 19, 2013, 02:05:44 PM

Oh, I don't know.  PETA may be (is) a self-caricature, but there's nothing wrong with the idea of treating animals ethically.  Temple Grandin's work on humane livestock handling processes, for example, is really quite solid.

If you think peta is a good org, you must not know a lot about it.

They routinely go to ranches,farms,etc and call animal control repeatedly for no reason other than what they can come up with. Being that they have never raised animals in most cases(as it is against their rules to own any animal) it seems like a very ahole thing to do with their time. Most of the time the police laugh at them behind their backs because of their moronic nature of misunderstanding someone else's situation.

For example. Recently there was a law past that forbid smaller swine cages being used. What they didn't understand was that in some cases, having the smaller cages prevented the piglets from being trampled, as the mother could not turn on the baby (which they will do). Not only am I hearing that farmers are having problems with that, but that the overall cost of rebuilding these cages to fit the new rule is not practical and will break them.

Being a vet assistant for several years, I can honestly tell you that this group of people are the absolute worst. I can tell you many horror stories when it comes to the animal field, but the worst horrors come from the humans trying to protect animals, but ultimately destroying good peoples lives.

Although they don't really care, because that's a side note to help the animals and create a name for themselves. Most of it is like a pyramid scheme. Many little followers who hold up the stars. As one of their headline members once said, "rat is to pig, as dog is to cat, as rat is to boy...'' (something retarded like that anyway).

Madd is a ok group, while peta is full of full blown idiots and bleeding hearts who don't know any better.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 19, 2013, 02:10:25 PM

Where exactly did I say that PETA was a good org?  You misread my post badly.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 19, 2013, 06:54:22 PM

Where exactly did I say that PETA was a good org?  You misread my post badly.

Kinda sounded like you were siding with the nutjobs. Sorry.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 19, 2013, 07:32:33 PM

MADD is just like PETA.

Good in theory, but in reality they don't do anything.

Cops cant pull over everyone leaving a sporting event as large as a football game. There is just not enough manpower to do it. They need the security for the actual games and for drunk and disorderly people in the stands.

Its always better to just have a DD when you go to the games. A beer or two is fine but don't get slammed. Most people don't realize that .08 BAC is barely anything to actually affect your ability to drive.
They can't pull you over period, unless they have probable cause. Its going to be a bit hard to detect a drunk driver in congested traffic.

And if they set up a checkpoint? You've clearly never been in Law Enforcement. I could always find a reason if need be.

You can find a reason , sure  , but it may not stand . Insufficient probable cause is one of the most common ways DUI's are thrown out.

BTW : They aren't stupid enough to set up a checkpoint outside Raymond James stadium .  It would be chaos. Where are they going to put the 30,000 people they just charged with DUI ? They aren't all going to fit in the drunk tank . Who's doing all the paperwork? Who's running them all through the field tests ? It would be a fiasco of epic proportions.  Not to mention the outrage of the rest of the people who it took 5 hours to get home.

Goodell can do all the glad-handing he wants with MADD , but the local police aren't going to concern themselves with the nightmare of checkpoints outside a sporting event . Thier concern will be expediting the flow of traffic , and getting everyone out of there and home as quickly and as orderly as possible.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Think twice before driving home drunk from games in 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools