Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow Ready to Ball Again « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 19, 2013, 01:43:25 AM

Healthy Kellen Winslow draws interest of Raiders

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer   NFL.com
Published:  March 19, 2013 at 12:14 a.m.

The Oakland Raiders looked into signing Kellen Winslow late last September after the tight end was released by the New England Patriots. Once Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie opted to pass, Winslow didn't play another down the rest of the season.

Now that Winslow's surgically repaired knee is feeling better, the Raiders again are expressing interest, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday.

While McKenzie had no need for Winslow last season with Brandon Myers exceeding expectations, he now has a vacancy at the position after Myers signed with the New York Giants.

We wouldn't be surprised if Winslow also is on the Cleveland Browns' radar after they lost out on Jared Cook and allowed Ben Watson to depart. New Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski also has a close relationship with Winslow after coaching him at the University of Miami as well as in Cleveland.

Even with Winslow's newfound optimism over his knee, it's no guarantee NFL doctors will give him a passing grade on a physical.

The 29-year-old acknowledged last summer that 99 percent of NFL players would retire rather than play through the pain in his six-time surgically repaired knee. As recently as January, The Plain Dealer noted that Winslow still was "suffering from tremendous pain" in the knee.

Has resting his leg for the majority of the 2012 season made that much of a difference in his health?

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 19, 2013, 02:13:50 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 19, 2013, 02:33:50 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Yes because Winslow was just terrible during his time here and did nothing to help this team.

Is anyone still buying that Freeman was throwing picks because K2 was "making him"?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 19, 2013, 02:49:36 AM

Seattle

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 19, 2013, 03:32:42 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Yes because Winslow was just terrible during his time here and did nothing to help this team.

Is anyone still buying that Freeman was throwing picks because K2 was "making him"?
idiots.

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 19, 2013, 03:37:42 AM

I actually liked Kellen Winslow alot and was one of the best Tight Ends in Tampa history... If he could have been playing with this offensive core, he would have only looked better in my eyes...

Especially when compared to Dallas Clark...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 19, 2013, 03:53:43 AM

Giles probably has the edge on him but he was definitely up there.

K2 got axed because he was incompatible with Schiano.

That is fine. I'm not going to hate the guy for it.

There are plenty of players in the NFL that wouldn't get along with S.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 19, 2013, 06:47:21 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Haha. Good one Beatles.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 19, 2013, 07:47:28 AM

K2 Definition of "Ball": I am ready to catch the ball as a primary receiver, then run out of bounds or fall so as not to take a hit.  If I dont get the ball, I will yell at the qb in the huddle.  Im a soldier.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 19, 2013, 08:40:02 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

I still believe Freeman forced a lot of balls to Winslow because Winslow was in his head.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 19, 2013, 09:11:37 AM

What's really sad is watching all the holier than thou "fans" trash everyone who leaves the team - K2, Trueblood, Bennett, anyone -- as scum because the boss no longer loves them, but you know that there is no doubt that if any of them was re-signed these would be the first chumps in line to slurp on their jocks and accuse anyone criticizing them of "hating" and not being a "real" fan.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 19, 2013, 09:19:16 AM

Giles probably has the edge on him but he was definitely up there.

K2 got axed because he was incompatible with Schiano.

That is fine. I'm not going to hate the guy for it.

There are plenty of players in the NFL that wouldn't get along with S.

Don't need to add anything to this post.

I hope he gets his career back on track.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 19, 2013, 09:57:32 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

I still believe Freeman forced a lot of balls to Winslow because Winslow was in his head.

freeman was definately forcing balls to winslow. hed have open options and try to fire it to winslow all the time. then whenever he dropped it or didnt catch the ball winslow would yell at freeman

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 19, 2013, 09:59:57 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Ball"!

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Yes, all K2's fault.

He was very good for us when he first got here. By the end of his term, I was sick of him crap. Schiano was sick of it before he ever got here. Peace, DJ spin those beats!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 19, 2013, 10:00:30 AM

I liked Winslow as a player before we signed him and I appreciate his hard work and effort while he was here. He also bad mouthed our new coached in the media and made himself out to be a real ass.

I hope he gets his career back on track and learns to shut his mouth.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow Ready to Ball Again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools