Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs, Biggest Draft Day Regret, In Franchise History « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 19, 2013, 09:53:05 PM

Hate

i think you are the one that needs to stop. reading comprehension  isnt your strong suit. you are missing my post where i qualify my statements. there is nothing in his college career that says aaron rodgers was going to be special. he completed about 65% of his passed and threw for 5000 yard in 2 seasons. respectable but nothing elite in the Pac 10 where they dont play defense

its a moot point because we obviously didnt think much of aaron rodgers coming out of college(much to our dismay) otherwise we would have drafted him. the Bucs went with flash and picked cadillac.

He did get 67 votes for the Heisman, just sayin.  Not exactly a "nobody".

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : March 20, 2013, 08:57:39 AM

i stand by my statement.

As you should.  After all, what's the point of waving the white flag after being destroyed when you can go down in the flames of stupidity?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 20, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

Cadillac over Aaron Rodgers. The supporting cast in 05, 07 and 08 was more than good enough to win a Super Bowl.

i completely disagree on this one. nobody had ever heard of aaron rodgers when he came out. cadillac was a star at auburn and rodgers was some guy at Cal. im a college football nut and i never heard of rodgers til he took over for favre. theres no way anyone could have known how good he would be. he rode the pine for 3 years before doing anything

hindsight is 20/20 but give me a break
you say you follow college football but had never heard of Aaron Rodgers?  Please,  many considered him the potential number 1 pick in the draft.  The only real knock on him was that his coach had a history of producing great college QBs that didn't do so hot in the nfl. 

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 20, 2013, 09:24:07 AM

Cadillac over Aaron Rodgers. The supporting cast in 05, 07 and 08 was more than good enough to win a Super Bowl.

i completely disagree on this one. nobody had ever heard of aaron rodgers when he came out. cadillac was a star at auburn and rodgers was some guy at Cal. im a college football nut and i never heard of rodgers til he took over for favre. theres no way anyone could have known how good he would be. he rode the pine for 3 years before doing anything

you say you follow college football but had never heard of Aaron Rodgers?  Please,  many considered him the potential number 1 pick in the draft.  The only real knock on him was that his coach had a history of producing great college QBs that didn't do so hot in the nfl.

sorry i guess Cal doesnt get much publicity over here on the east coast. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 20, 2013, 09:33:47 AM

sorry i guess Cal doesnt get much publicity over here on the east coast.
You do realize the draft occurs almost four months after the last college football game, right? Draft fans have four months to read draft sites and draft magazines and figure out who all the top prospects are. Everyone knew about Rodgers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 20, 2013, 09:41:29 AM

yeah the hardcore draftniks knew him but not the average fan. thats my point

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 20, 2013, 09:45:17 AM

And your point is still wrong.

Geebus dude, just eat it and move on.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 20, 2013, 09:50:03 AM

What do the average fans have to do with anything? Your original post that everyone jumped all over said it was "hindsight" for the Bucs to pick Rodgers over Williams. It wasn't hindsight. Numerous draft people thought Rodgers was going #1 overall to San Francisco or #2 to Miami. Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen flew to California and had Jerry Rice catch passes from Rodgers, after which Gruden said "He's a very astute, well-trained quarterback. He's got touch, he's got zip, he's got mobility, he's durable. He's complete." At one point he promised to pick Rodgers at #5 if he was available. He knew exactly who Rodgers was. We're not talking about Tony Romo coming out of Eastern Illinois.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs, Biggest Draft Day Regret, In Franchise History « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools