Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Think twice before driving home drunk from games in 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 19, 2013, 07:55:58 PM

My policy is simple. I refuse to pay Stadium prices for alcohol. Tailgating prior is when I drink. 4 hours later Im alcohol free. Shouldn't be an issue driving home then.

You may want to change your strategy. Alcohol metabolism depends on various factors such as weight, age, height, gender, genetics, influece of other medication(s), history of use, etc. Over the years I've become very educated in regard to DUIs and alcohol metabolism.  It a common misconception that the drug can be metabolized by everybody in just a few hours. To the contrary, most people may take 7 hours to fully metabolize alcohol after reaching a BAC of .08, which is the 'legal limit'. For some people, that's just one beer.

Here is a good article, from the NIAA, that everybody should take the time to read before they decide to drink again, even if they do not plan on driving.

One more thing, if any of you find yourselves caught drinking and driving don't blow and don't submit to ANY sort of field sobriety testing unless you have had NOTHING to drink. Passing these tests will not mean your release, they will only be used as evidence to further incriminate you. Once a police officer asks you to turn off your engine, it is extremely likely YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL. Cut your losses. All a police officer needs to make an arrest is to have pulled you over for reasonable cause and 'smelt alcohol on your breath'. 

DUIs can be very traumatic and life changing experiences, it is best you keep yourself informed with the law each year and make responsible decisions. The best way to make sure you don't get a DUI however, is to NOT DRINK.

Disclaimer: I am in no way giving legal advice of any kind and the above post is in no way to be regarded as such. It is your choice drink, your choice to drive, and your choice to excessive your right to refuse any sort of field sobriety test. It also your right to seek any sort of legal advice or counsel.

Bigpapi

Starter

#31 : March 19, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

How has this thread not been moved to another forum?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 19, 2013, 09:37:03 PM

What MADD doesn't realize is that stadium prices for alcohol is a deterrent to drunk driving itself.

Of course they would know this if they were football fans.  They should keep to the kitchen and drink themselves to sleep with some wine instead of trying to stick their nose in business it doesn't belong.

WOW seriously? You've never lost someone to a drunk driver that should have been legally dead based on their B.A.C. That organization has saved countless lives and I'm proud to be a member. Just because it says Mother's Against Drunk Drivers doesn't make all members female.

MADD is a decent organization. Their CEO makes like $125K which is very reasonable. Look at Susan G Komen........their CEO makes almost $685K annually in salary. Damn near a Million off of a charity. That disgusts me.
[/quot

You realize she is running a 300 million dollar international organization right?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Think twice before driving home drunk from games in 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools