Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis / Grimes/ BPA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 20, 2013, 10:48:00 AM

I would sign Grimes & Winfield to short cheap contracts like most guys are getting this year.
Then using the draft picks we saved go out and get Rhodes or Trufant plus a late pick guy to groom.
This way we would (hopefully) get 3 starting calibre corners for the price of Revis and we really need depth, we wouldn't have to rush along the rookies.
We don't need to over pay for the best at one spot on the depth chart we need to improve the entire depth chart to an NFL level.
We would still have picks left over to help fix the d line depth issues, TE, etc.

The more I think about getting Revis the more I hate it. No matter how great he might on the field he is but one player, we have to field 22 starters and have quality depth, he hinders that.

Excellent points. There are still several CBs available who would be upgrades over what we had last year. Better to fill several holes with serviceable FAs and make use of our picks, than to risk everything on one CB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 20, 2013, 10:57:19 AM

its definitely possible that grimes and winfield and others are upgrades, but its not a certainty imo.  when did the light go on for cary williams?  how about keenan lewis?  maybe the team has seen positive things from biggers and myron, as much as this fanbase would hate it.  or maybe the team has sat down and realized they were asking too much out of their CB's last season?  maybe they have already began drafting coverages to play to the strengths of guys we have or feel positive about getting?

ill look to the positives if we sign a grimes or winfield and be happy...but we watched all of their games last season?  think we might be disappointed with those signings as well once we break down every play.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 20, 2013, 11:09:41 AM

Not big on Grimes. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 20, 2013, 11:16:16 AM

Justin Pawlowski ‏@CommishOnline 2m Charles Davis just said on @987TheFan that Brent Grimes' achilles injury is a way bigger concern than Revis' ACL injury. #Bucs

Very much agree with this...

I think that is significant.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Dirtypillow

Rookie
#49 : March 20, 2013, 11:26:35 AM

Sign Grimes today!!!

Just saw an article the Jets are willing to play this out til after the draft.  GREAT....In the first round the BUCS trade back with MINN.  Get their second and fourth this year.  At #23 (from MINN) the Bucs trade for Revis.  We also give them some combination of a  fourth, sixth and Blount (or a conditional pick next year).  We get Revis and another second this year.  Stay put and draft two BPA or trade up for that player we covet.  Probably a DL that could be slipping (very deep class)!!!

And a playoff birth is profited...

Just say NO to Bridgewater at 7...very small hands \\\\\\\"smell like cabbage.\\\\\\\"

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 20, 2013, 11:40:14 AM

If we sign Grimes, Dominik should be fired. Grimes was AWFUL when he played last year, can't stay healthy, and has become a cult hero to Bucs fans because he's been Josh's favorite target. But he isn't good. And Rhodes can't stack up to Revis and there's talk he won't even be a corner in the league.

How there's even a debate on what we should do at corner is beyond me.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis / Grimes/ BPA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools