Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pro Bowl Fantasy Draft? « previous next »
Page: 1

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: March 19, 2013, 11:54:00 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151830/article/pro-bowl-future-a-topic-of-discussion-at-nfl-annual-meeting

Would you be more inclined to watch it?   Would it be more competitive then?  Would we have a Pro Bowl Fantasy draft stickied thread?

"...While the expectation is that the game will be held in Hawaii next year, the league also will look at and discuss ways the actual teams are assembled.

One intriguing option sure to be thoroughly examined is holding a draft as a way to divide up the teams. Details are not yet available on how the process would play out, but one possibility would be for player captains to choose teams as if on a schoolyard. Up until now, teams were separated by conference..."

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

DailyRich68

Starter
#1 : March 19, 2013, 01:03:57 PM

It's not the make-up of the teams that makes the game unwatchable, it's that it's a full-speed game being played at half-speed.  Football simply isn't an exhibition sport.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 19, 2013, 01:26:19 PM

I think that'd be a cool idea and the NFL could televise it it or something like that, but DailyRich68 said, it's the quality of the game that people don't like.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 19, 2013, 01:33:35 PM

Maybe the Probowl would get more 'action' if they played it in May....

Preseason - August
Regular Season - September - January
Superbowl/Combine - February
Free Agency - March
Draft - April
Pro Bowl  and skills competition- May
Month Off - June
Training Camp - July

There - an entire YEAR of football planned.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Juani2

Second String

#4 : March 19, 2013, 04:22:58 PM

Maybe the Probowl would get more 'action' if they played it in May....

Preseason - August
Regular Season - September - January
Superbowl/Combine - February
Free Agency - March
Draft - April
Pro Bowl  and skills competition- May
Month Off - June
Training Camp - July

There - an entire YEAR of football planned.

I would love it! They really need to bring back the skills competition

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 19, 2013, 04:32:29 PM

NBA does it right with more than just the game. NFL failed when it got rid of the skills competition.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pro Bowl Fantasy Draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools