Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL QB Adujsted completion percentage « previous next »
Page: 1

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: March 21, 2013, 09:48:10 AM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/20/adot-adjusted-completion-percentage/

Freeman makes some of the lists...

Interesting perspective if you look hard at what they're trying to tell us.

Warning - Long Read with LOTS of Statistics !

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 21, 2013, 11:56:01 AM

Tells me exactly what I thought... Freeman is a mediocre to below average passer.  He's never in the top 10, twice in the bottom 10.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt in the 2 charts he didn't make and saying that he finished in the next 10 (after the top 10), puts him in the middle of the pack... "mediocre".  That's the best case scenario.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 21, 2013, 04:31:31 PM

Tells me exactly what I thought... Freeman is a mediocre to below average passer.  He's never in the top 10, twice in the bottom 10.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt in the 2 charts he didn't make and saying that he finished in the next 10 (after the top 10), puts him in the middle of the pack... "mediocre".  That's the best case scenario.

Without even reading it, you're full of it, and I left off the "sh" on purpose.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 22, 2013, 02:54:34 AM

Shocked, shocked!! that Sparky is making an argument without even reading the relevant article. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 22, 2013, 10:01:49 AM

I don't think the methodology used is very compelling to be honest.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 22, 2013, 10:12:02 AM

I don't think the methodology used is very compelling to be honest.

They aren't trying to tell you who the best QB's are... they're telling you who the best "passers" are.  They're simply breaking down the QB's passing abilities... not their decision making, not their clutch performances, not their game calling.  Their methodology nails exactly what everyone, both the doubters and Freepologists, Freeman isn't a very good PASSER.  He's good on the deep ball, though as their charts show, not one of the 10 best.  He's awful on the intermediate throws... we all know that.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 22, 2013, 10:26:25 AM

I don't see how it would surprise anyone that Freeman was not an accurate passer last year.  Did anyone *really* think that there was going to be a way to break down 54.8% that would make it look *good*?  The silver lining, such as it is, is that last year was his least accurate season by *far*.  For example, look at his completion percentage from 1-10 yards over the last three years (I know that's not quite the same range as PFF looked at, but it's what I was able to find quickly): 61.9%-70.9%-69.7%.  None of those are exactly great, but last year's still sticks out.  Hopefully he can improve next year.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL QB Adujsted completion percentage « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools