Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

: March 19, 2013, 08:18:10 PM

What's with people saying that Williams is easily replaceable? Is he really that easy to replace?why would you not want to resign a WR that you drafted and that has produced for you?

CanadianBuc

Starter
#1 : March 19, 2013, 08:19:24 PM

Whos saying that?

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#2 : March 19, 2013, 08:20:24 PM

He's not easily replaceable. Who TF say that?! I feel Domink is saving o lot of cap room to resign MWill later this year.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 19, 2013, 08:24:47 PM

Whos saying that?
i heard it  6 or 7 other times. don't know which thread.
: March 19, 2013, 08:34:53 PM mrchillwill

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 19, 2013, 08:27:31 PM

He's not easily replaceable. Who TF say that?! I feel Domink is saving o lot of cap room to resign MWill later this year.
i have been reading some (not a lot) poster's saying you can find a number 2 anywhere and we should focus on getting a slot/3rd WR.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 19, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

In the NYG offense, the slot is a more important position than the #2 WR

Bigpapi

Starter

#6 : March 19, 2013, 08:33:22 PM

i have been reading some (not a lot) poster's saying you can find a number 2 anywhere and we should focus on getting a slot/3rd WR.

It's been a pretty common theme in a couple of threads, specifically the Revis thread.  Basic idea is that Mike Williams is such a big deal b/c his production well exceeds his paycheck, creating serious value for the Bucs.  It's been a counterattack for some posters who think we shouldn't waste a first rounder on Revis, b/c we can find better value at the CB position through the draft (mid level talent / low cost vs. top of the line talent / serious $).  So the concept is Mike Williams (if getting paid what he deserves for his production) we'd be better to let walk away and find a replacement in the draft for less money.

It's a wonderful plan, if the idea is to be mildly competitive and low budget every year, something the Bucs have done for a while now.  The problem is that every once in a while you have to make a run and sign some big name players to take you over the edge of mediocrity and into contention to make a playoff run, which is what many of us are hoping is happening now.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 19, 2013, 08:34:33 PM

no its not,  your only saying that because Cruz blew up in the slot now he's their # 2 WR

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 19, 2013, 08:38:53 PM

No team can pay EVERY PLAYER "what they are worth". It's just a matter of "when your contract comes up" many times.

: March 19, 2013, 08:42:18 PM TheChronicHotAir

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 19, 2013, 08:42:16 PM

no its not,  your only saying that because Cruz blew up in the slot now he's their # 2 WR

?? It was the same with Steve Smith before Cruz

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 19, 2013, 08:43:02 PM

Sadly, with the way the NFL is getting away from the "middle class player", Mike Williams may fit into that category.

Not an absolute knock against Williams, but that's just the economic trend of today's NFL, imo.
huh ???

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 19, 2013, 08:47:19 PM

and where is Steve Smith now? Cruz is still producing. if the slot is more important, what happened to the slot in the Giants O last year, Hicks and Cruz was #1 and #2.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 19, 2013, 08:48:45 PM

and where is Steve Smith now? Cruz is still producing. if the slot is more important, what happened to the slot in the Giants O last year, Hicks and Cruz was #1 and #2.

Cruz played 70% of his snaps in the slot.  Their #2 wideout was a nobody.  Shared snaps between Hixon, Randle, and Barden
: March 19, 2013, 08:52:08 PM bradentonian

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 19, 2013, 08:49:33 PM

Williams is in a great position. He has Vincent to learn from and take double coverage. Mike can't be replaced, the only problem I have with him is crucial drops and fumbles.

Bigpapi

Starter

#14 : March 19, 2013, 08:57:54 PM

Williams is in a great position. He has Vincent to learn from and take double coverage. Mike can't be replaced, the only problem I have with him is crucial drops and fumbles.

+1

I don't know the stats but I feel like drops and fumbles improved pretty dramatically last year?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools