Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 19, 2013, 09:03:54 PM

Williams is in a great position. He has Vincent to learn from and take double coverage. Mike can't be replaced, the only problem I have with him is crucial drops and fumbles.

+1

I don't know the stats but I feel like drops and fumbles improved pretty dramatically last year?

Yes he did. I think Mike is well worth the money and can be the #1 WR when Vincent is done. If Free can hit him in the numbers a little more I think he tops his 2012 numbers.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 19, 2013, 09:44:51 PM

I've never seen anyone say we don't need Mike Williams.  Jackson & Williams is the best WR duo I can ever recall the Bucs having. 

We can't find a #3 or #4, so I really don't want to start over looking for a new #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 19, 2013, 09:50:02 PM

If rather ditch the offense before I ditch Touchdown Mike.

Lets ditch talent!  I swear some of you guys really are buyin stupid pills.

rikes

Starter

#18 : March 20, 2013, 11:15:57 AM

Williams is in a great position. He has Vincent to learn from and take double coverage. Mike can't be replaced, the only problem I have with him is crucial drops and fumbles.
I can't recall a crucial fumble last year, maybe he finally fixed that problem but I do agree on the crucial drops. It just looks like he's trying to do too much when he goes up for the ball in some situations.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 20, 2013, 11:20:18 AM

Mike isn't going anywhere. He is an above average #2 and will be compensated as such.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 20, 2013, 11:26:00 AM

But he shouldn't be paid as a number 1.  That's the only dilemma I see. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 20, 2013, 11:47:26 AM

Have you heard that he's expecting that kind of money?

- Everyone

rikes

Starter

#22 : March 20, 2013, 11:49:21 AM

mike wallace money

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 20, 2013, 11:50:53 AM

dont know but crazy things tend to happen in free agency and players do get overpaid from time to time. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 20, 2013, 11:51:44 AM

dont know but crazy things tend to happen in free agency and players do get overpaid from time to time.

Agreed, he can't really want Mike Wallace money though, right?

- Everyone

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 20, 2013, 01:22:46 PM

Stevie Johnson is a little bit better than Mike Williams at this point in time.  I think there's a chance that Williams could be better in the future, but the fact that over the last 3 years, Johnson has been a better producer with an awful QB.  Johnson is also only about 7 months older, so there's no significant age gap.  Last year Johnson got a 5 year / $36M deal... I'd offer slightly less, 5 years / $32M

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 20, 2013, 01:29:41 PM

$6-7 mil a year sounds reasonable but I fear his price could be much higher.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 20, 2013, 01:52:32 PM

$6-7 mil a year sounds reasonable but I fear his price could be much higher.

That's where I'm at as well.  I think Williams is solid and I'd be willing to cave a tad and give him just over $7M if that's what is needed, but if he wants $8M... I'd have to consider trading him or letting him walk and look to the draft for his replacement.  Pending on asking price... I'd consider signing Jennings to a 3 year deal with no guaranteed money beyond this season, just in case.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 20, 2013, 07:36:11 PM

Speculation of what MW's fair market value is right now is futile. He  needs to pave his own road to riches this season.
Two things holding him back is Freeman's laughable accuracy on shorter routes and the long shadow of VJax.
All that said, this guy has done as much as any other Buc over the past two seasons.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#29 : March 20, 2013, 11:35:33 PM

In terms of value of production, Mike Williams has been Dom's best pick so far

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools