Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arian Foster Lead Witness for the Defense « previous next »
Page: 1

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« : March 25, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »

The NFL caused quite an uproar with the rule change on RBs using their helmet. In fact, Marshall Faulk claimed it was all about the concusioon lawsuit.  He was right and the NFL's plan is working.  These are Arian Foster's recent comments on PFT:

"And Foster is willing to prove his acceptance of the risks by signing away his rights to sue the NFL in the future.

“Personally, absolutely, because I knew what I was getting into when I first had the dream of playing in the NFL,” Foster told Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco of ESPN Radio New York, via SportsRadioInterviews.com.  “I knew what I was getting into.  The game’s a violent sport.  Anything can happen.  People get paralyzed; people get hurt — broken legs, broken everything.  It’s just part of the game, and I knew what I was getting into.  So to me, it’s kind of like blaming the NFL for your injuries, and I don’t blame the NFL because it was my decision to partake in this game. . . .  So I would never sue.  I don’t have ill feelings toward those that have sued or whatever.  That’s their business.  It’s just the way I see it.  I just wouldn’t.”"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/foster-would-sign-waiver-of-legal-rights/

assumption of the risk

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arian Foster Lead Witness for the Defense « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools