Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tired of Waiting... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 20, 2013, 12:55:02 PM

me too.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 20, 2013, 12:58:20 PM

Lol - even funnier...

@_ChrisCurtis: Robert Kraft did not abstain on the Tuck Rule vote, his arm was coming forward but did not complete the vote.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 20, 2013, 01:01:17 PM

Ira Kaufman‏@IKaufmanTBO28s
Bucs coach Greg Schiano says he expects DE Da'Quan Bowers to post a double-digit sack season in his third year as a pro

So do I but what if he doesn't?

No big deal.  We have solid backups at most positions on defense.  We draft well and develop in house well.  We will just plug and play. AND we reward those guys for working hard by extending them.   Calm down.

Okay...I'm good.

You idiots do realize we were DEAD LAST in the NFL last year in sacks with 27. We lost Bennett who represented 33 percent of those sacks.

Plug and play baby.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 20, 2013, 01:04:59 PM

Bucs coach Greg Schiano says he expects DE Da'Quan Bowers to post a double-digit sack season in his third year as a pro

No big deal.  We have solid backups at most positions on defense.  We draft well and develop in house well.  We will just plug and play. AND we reward those guys for working hard by extending them.   Calm down.

Okay...I'm good.

Don't be...I was being sarcastic.  Freak out dude.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 20, 2013, 01:07:10 PM

Okay...I'm good.

Don't be...I was being sarcastic.  Freak out dude.

Oh I know...so was I.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 20, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 20, 2013, 01:32:47 PM

Okay...I'm good.

You idiots do realize we were DEAD LAST in the NFL last year in sacks with 27. We lost Bennett who represented 33 percent of those sacks.

Plug and play baby.
so lets overpay a guy who only had 9 sacks on his so called break out year.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 20, 2013, 01:33:14 PM

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 20, 2013, 01:45:22 PM

i like it when anomaly and BDFU are sarcastic!  also like it when traew blows a gasket.  we need some more optimism posters (double entendre!).

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

traew01

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 20, 2013, 02:00:06 PM

Okay...I'm good.

Plug and play baby.
so lets overpay a guy who only had 9 sacks on his so called break out year.

Lol. You think 5 million is overpaying the guy who had 33 percent of your team's sacks and was just starting to develop into a solid player?

You people are hypocrites. On the one hand you preach that Dom's plan is to develop guys in house and pay them when they develop. And yet we see guys leaving right and left. And on the other you preach against "overpaying" for free agents.

Well if you aren't going to resign your own guys, and you aren't going to overpay for free agents - what are you left with?

Nothing. Garbage. Cast offs. Undrafted players.

And then you set NFL records. The bad kind.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 20, 2013, 02:01:38 PM

You people are hypocrites. On the one hand you preach that Dom's plan is to develop guys in house and pay them when they develop. And yet we see guys leaving right and left. And on the other you preach against "overpaying" for free agents.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 20, 2013, 02:02:42 PM

i like it when anomaly and BDFU are sarcastic!  also like it when traew blows a gasket.  we need some more optimism posters (double entendre!).

There are a lot of "optimism posters" who are level headed and don't cross into the leg humper area...

BB85
Anti-Java
Dex
Melon
Rusty

to name a few.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 20, 2013, 02:04:53 PM

On the one hand you preach that Dom's plan is to develop guys in house and pay them when they develop. And yet we see guys leaving right and left. And on the other you preach against "overpaying" for free agents.

THIS IS HUGE and you know who you are.  If Dom isn't going to develop and resign his own draft picks...let me guess...they didn't want those guys anyway?  Fine, then how many mulligans does he get?  This is year five and we aren't developing any depth at all let alone solid starters outside of a few positions.  If you have a turnstile team with lots of turnover every single year then we will always hover at and around the 6-10/7-9 mark.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 20, 2013, 02:18:15 PM

Okay...I'm good.

Plug and play baby.

Before you call everyone idiots, have you ever heard of "coverage=sacks, pressure=picks"? Tampa Bay was tied for 8th in the NFL (w/Seattle FWIW) with 18 INTs. This is with a historically bad pass defense, so the pressure was there. Also, the Bucs werent "DEAD LAST in the NFL" in sacks. Jacksonville and Oakland were worse. Just sayin......

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#29 : March 20, 2013, 02:21:41 PM

Gotta have some shutdown DBs for that to happen.

As for those who are "tired" - it's only March. It's you own damn fault for building up your expectations before and during free agency.  You people who are "tired" have been posting about FA since December. 

Relax. Season doesn't start until Sept.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tired of Waiting... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools